3500 FUE Dr Laorwong

1 hour ago, aykay7 said:

Hi There! Did you at all document your journey with Dr. Michalis? Just curious to see his end result with you.

I'm only two week post surgery so am far from the end result!

Im waiting for details and pictures, then I'd planned to start a thread on it.

Its looking pretty promising so far..but just waiting for the dreaded shedding!

IMG_20230722_175047.thumb.jpg.226cebd1020b4dcce11bf269b6d34263.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I'm only two week post surgery so am far from the end result!

Im waiting for details and pictures, then I'd planned to start a thread on it.

Its looking pretty promising so far..but just waiting for the dreaded shedding!

IMG_20230722_175047.thumb.jpg.226cebd1020b4dcce11bf269b6d34263.jpg

Waiting for your thread

Dr Michalis is someone I've spoken to and seems to be very underrated

Edited by RTC
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At the 2 month stage now and the much lamented ugly duckling stage. Basically back to baseline and the redness has faded a bit, but looks worse depending on lighting so took some pics in different lighting just for contrast. 

Think there may be some signs of early growth and can see where the grafts are embedded under the skin. Also a few spots on the hairline which can be seen in the pic- a good sign apparently- touch wood. just waiting for the growth to kick in here, needless to say, but I’m keeping myself busy with work an all.

IMG_5002.jpeg

IMG_5001.jpeg

IMG_5005.jpeg

IMG_4990.jpeg

Edited by streethawk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pics taken just after the 4 month mark and in different lighting. Again shaved the head to a 3 guard all over bit less than 2 weeks ago. Might do a 7 guard on top and 3 on the side next time. Hairline has filled in a bit on one side I believe but still hoping for more thickening in the coming months.

IMG_5405.jpeg

IMG_5401.jpeg

IMG_5391.jpeg

IMG_5388.jpeg

IMG_5375.jpeg

IMG_5374.jpeg

IMG_5403.jpeg

IMG_5399.jpeg

IMG_5406.jpeg

Edited by streethawk
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm right in the thick of it at 2 months.  Hoping to see something start soon.  It's great to see your pictures.  Really helps to keep the spirits up even though I am confident.  Fun to see all the success of the Laorwong patients. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

5 month update: just trimmed it last week, 3 at the sides and a 9 guard:) at the top so just trimmed it and left a bit more on top this time. Significant I suppose as I usually just shave to 2 or 3 all over.  

let us know whadya think all.

IMG_5475.jpeg

IMG_5474.jpeg

IMG_5473.jpeg

IMG_5476.jpeg

Edited by streethawk

On 12/16/2023 at 2:56 PM, hockeyman said:

Wow! Your hair is looking great including the donor area. Did the doctor mention how many grafts you have in reserve if you decide to go for another procedure in the future?

The Dr didn’t state specifically how many grafts I had left but I asked him about my donor quality and so on and he did a quick look with a microscope and said I had lots of doubles and triples and medium thickness hair. I then asked  so I have enough for another procedure? Said ‘no problem’.

I am going for the 2nd next year midscalp and crown.

2 hours ago, streethawk said:

The Dr didn’t state specifically how many grafts I had left but I asked him about my donor quality and so on and he did a quick look with a microscope and said I had lots of doubles and triples and medium thickness hair. I then asked  so I have enough for another procedure? Said ‘no problem’.

I am going for the 2nd next year midscalp and crown.

Looking good! Sure that second surgery will give you a full head of hair given how well this one is growing 🙂

10 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Looking good! Sure that second surgery will give you a full head of hair given how well this one is growing 🙂

Yeah well I’m confident enough to go ahead😀, so guess I will just go for as many grafts as I can. 

Funny that many clinics- perhaps due to my lack of photography skills said my donor was on the weaker side and I was sure I would need BHT and so on. 

• 4 weeks later...

Some pics now at 6 months. Again trimmed it down with a 9 guard using the shortest setting on the razor and 3 on the sides.

IMG_6358.jpeg

IMG_6356.jpeg

IMG_6354.jpeg

IMG_6353.jpeg

IMG_6351.jpeg

IMG_6350.jpeg

IMG_6332.jpeg

IMG_6355.jpeg

Edited by streethawk

47 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Looking great - like the design and it appears you've had good growth, especially on the hairline. Sure it'll look great when you've grown it out a little, though understand you waiting until after the crown surgery for that.

Thanks, I asked the Dr when designing the hairline not to make it too even or symmetrical for naturalness. Frizzes up a bit on one side though (or seems to) Been so long I forgot I actually did have wavy hair before lol!

Yeah not really growing it out now cos there’s too much of a contrast between front and back really. Just have to wait till next summer for the 2nd.

Looks great.  Definitely filled out over the last month.  I think that wavy hair helps a lot with density.  You have to love seeing a good outcome in the mirror.  Once you you get the crown no one will ever know you were losing your hair.  Happy growing!

15 hours ago, Cooper48 said:

Once you you get the crown no one will ever know you were losing your hair.  Happy growing

Wouldn’t that be something! Yeah well I am hopeful anyway. Good to see yours is coming through along nicely and also to see other Dr Laorwong results.

• 1 month later...

Right 7 and a half months post op. Pic dated exactly 7 months post op. Shaved it down to a 6 guard on top and 3 at the sides  last week again cos of the crown. 

note could not resist changing my user name to a bad pun. 😆 

IMG_6589.jpeg

Edited by Hairwolf
  • Like 3
  • Well Done 1