Thoughts on Hattingen

Hi guys, i had a video consult with the guys at Hattingen and was keen on getting others view on them. I had a really good conversation with Dr Muresanu. Attached my most recent photos. This would be my 3rd HT and he has recommended a FUT session of around 2500 - 3000 grafts to address the midscalp and the crown area and also some refinement of the hairline. He was happy to do a non-shaved of the recipient approach which i was really happy about and quoted that he and his wife often do women who like to be discreet and had this been a bigger session it might not be the best approach. Just keen to hear everyone’s thoughts. I’ve seen excellent videos and read some great threads here but still keen to hear thoughts. 

Just in case anyone asks, I’m thinking of these guys purely bcoz of their location and that it’s just a hop from the UK. 

IMG_0240.png

IMG_0244.png

• Valued Contributor

@UKLad81 I hope you are on medication and if not than be on medication after consulting a good doctor ....from seeing your pictures it seems as if your situation can improve by medication and some non surgical therapies...so if you are not on meds thn get onto it and wait for the full results before doing surgery....and if you are already on medication and saw it full potential than you can plan your surgery now...

Hattingen is one of the best value for money option imo..they are evn better thn they are talked about...they are good with FUT and their results are very good...you already have good amount of native hairs so you need a skilled and experienced surgeon like dr muresanu so that those native hairs don't get damaged....best of luck and keep updating ...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

55 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@UKLad81 I hope you are on medication and if not than be on medication after consulting a good doctor ....from seeing your pictures it seems as if your situation can improve by medication and some non surgical therapies...so if you are not on meds thn get onto it and wait for the full results before doing surgery....and if you are already on medication and saw it full potential than you can plan your surgery now...

Hattingen is one of the best value for money option imo..they are evn better thn they are talked about...they are good with FUT and their results are very good...you already have good amount of native hairs so you need a skilled and experienced surgeon like dr muresanu so that those native hairs don't get damaged....best of luck and keep updating ...

Hi mate and thanks for your reply. Firstly i hope you are progressing well with your HT. I’ve tried finasteride orally before and got sides even on a low dosage and have therefore stopped that. I have however, started topical finasteride & Minox and within a couple of days experienced the same sides as with the oral. I think I’ll go back to the oral Minox which i have been taking for the last year. So sadly the meds just dont sit well with me, not for the want of trying. 

Thank you for the opinion on them, i do have to agree with you! Once again thanks for your reply. Good to know I’m choosing yet another great surgeon. 

20 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

they are an elite clinic in my humble opinion

That’s great to know! Thank you. Have you had direct experience with them by any chance?

• Valued Contributor

@UKLad81 yeh am going good and out of the shedding phase....sorry to know that your body is not able to tolerate meds...actually be it oral or topical both will go systematic and will have same side effects but topical don't get absorb fully and thats why side effects are lesser and that you can also do with oral by cutting down the dosage ...if you can thn do a micro dosage and set a specific dosage where you can cut down those side effects and can help you hairs...actually why i am worried is that you have too much to loose ..you have good amount of native hairs....you can also try some non surgical treatments like mesotherapy and prp and all and see if it helps you....

And you have chosen a great surgeon and good that you are going for FUT so that the lifetime availability of donor hairs can be fully utilised....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

12 hours ago, UKLad81 said:

Hi mate and thanks for your reply. Firstly i hope you are progressing well with your HT. I’ve tried finasteride orally before and got sides even on a low dosage and have therefore stopped that. I have however, started topical finasteride & Minox and within a couple of days experienced the same sides as with the oral. I think I’ll go back to the oral Minox which i have been taking for the last year. So sadly the meds just dont sit well with me, not for the want of trying. 

Thank you for the opinion on them, i do have to agree with you! Once again thanks for your reply. Good to know I’m choosing yet another great surgeon. 

That’s great to know! Thank you. Have you had direct experience with them by any chance?

I had the same issues until I compounded 0.1mg oral Finasteride with 2.5mg oral minoxidil. I've had great results and no sides. With any other doses I had issues. Maybe give it a try and see how it goes?

Also Hattingen have an excellent reputation. I'd put them in my top 15 clinics in the world. 

6 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

I had the same issues until I compounded 0.1mg oral Finasteride with 2.5mg oral minoxidil. I've had great results and no sides. With any other doses I had issues. Maybe give it a try and see how it goes?

Also Hattingen have an excellent reputation. I'd put them in my top 15 clinics in the world. 

How did you compound them? Where? In one tablet?

16 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

@UKLad81 What surgery date they proposed? 

Haven’t booked anything yet but when i asked about waiting list he mentioned that he has some dates in Oct but booking mainly for next Jan / Feb.

9 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

Yes interested how you do this? 

Tbh i was on finasteride on for 1.5-2 years and i only had minor sides but didn’t get much growth but most likely did stabilise somewhat, same can be said about the oral Minox - no huge growth maybe a slight amount of thickening. Interested to hear your process though 

• Administrators

Dr. Muresanu is one of the best in the business. You would be making a wise choice choosing him as a surgeon.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, UKLad81 said:

Haven’t booked anything yet but when i asked about waiting list he mentioned that he has some dates in Oct but booking mainly for next Jan / Feb.

Yes interested how you do this? 

Tbh i was on finasteride on for 1.5-2 years and i only had minor sides but didn’t get much growth but most likely did stabilise somewhat, same can be said about the oral Minox - no huge growth maybe a slight amount of thickening. Interested to hear your process though 

I would compound them together and take it for at least 6 months and see how you go. The sides should be non existent due to the low doses and you'll be getting a nice benefit. 

Do you have any quality compounding pharmacies near you?