Austin, Texas Surgeon Recommendation? Repairing Dr. McGrath’s Work From 2021

Hello,

I posted my situation with Dr. McGrath back in 2021. The thread is in the link below. 

To summarize where I’m at now, I sent McGrath my 1 year update in Jan 2022 and explained I was dissatisfied by the obvious gap on the right side, as well as clear over harvesting on the back right side. In the email, he acknowledged that he had messed up, was very apologetic, and asked me to come in ASAP for a repair job.

It was very difficult for me to set aside time with work & my social life to have a noticeable procedure done like an FUE HT, and I didn’t feel like going through it for the second year in a row, so I did not respond to his offer to repair my botched job. Further, although it would be a lot cheaper to have McGrath do the repair, I feel like going back to the same surgeon who I was unhappy with previously is a mistake given my limited donor hair. 

We’re now 2.5 years down the road and I am contemplating getting the situation fixed. The gap is quite noticeable and while there’s likely been some additional hair loss, I feel like a HT is obvious given the gap that was left. Multiple barbers have asked when I got my procedure done, so it’s clearly noticeable to some…

Which leads me to my question. My apologies if this is not proper etiquette on this forum, but considering I wished I had found this place before choosing a doctor last time, I wonder if any of you have Austin surgeons you’d recommend. The closest on the “forum recommended surgeons” list is in Houston and that’s less ideal, but I would be willing to travel some. 

I really appreciate all the advice!

• Administrators

Check out Dr. Nader in Reynosa, Mexico, he’s both affordable and close to Texas.

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-luis-nader

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for posting again, I had seen your previous posts here and on Reddit and had wondered what the outcome was. I had no idea you were overharvested, that's just terrible. 

Agree that Nader is a good choice.

Edit: removed my recommendation for Arocha, and sorry again about your work with McGrath. Thanks for your post!

Edited by disTressedHairline
Removing recommendation

• 4 months later...
On 7/5/2023 at 8:17 PM, disTressedHairline said:

Thank you for posting again, I had seen your previous posts here and on Reddit and had wondered what the outcome was. I had no idea you were overharvested, that's just terrible. 

Agree that Nader is a good choice.

Edit: removed my recommendation for Arocha, and sorry again about your work with McGrath. Thanks for your post!

Planning on scheduling something for the new year. 

I have some concerns about going to Mexico for the transplant. I’ve been contemplating scheduling a consultation with Dr. Arocha. Could you explain why you removed your recommendation for him? I appreciate the advice! 

• Valued Contributor
15 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Planning on scheduling something for the new year. 

I have some concerns about going to Mexico for the transplant. I’ve been contemplating scheduling a consultation with Dr. Arocha. Could you explain why you removed your recommendation for him? I appreciate the advice! 

Dr. Arocha’s recommendation has been removed? Since when? What did I miss? I mean, unless I’m completely out of the loop he’s still recommended…

I went to Dr. Arocha in 2019 and had an incredible result. I’m 2 weeks post-op from my second procedure with him and I’m really really happy with how it’s going.

All that being said: Dr Nader is a wonderfully talented surgeon. Both doctors are unbelievably nice guys and they’re both extremely meticulous in their work.

My advice would be to reach out to both to consult and then consider how best to proceed. Good luck to you. I remember following your thread back in ‘21 and reading your dissatisfaction. I hope you get it worked out.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

Dr. Arocha’s recommendation has been removed? Since when? What did I miss? I mean, unless I’m completely out of the loop he’s still recommended…

I went to Dr. Arocha in 2019 and had an incredible result. I’m 2 weeks post-op from my second procedure with him and I’m really really happy with how it’s going.

All that being said: Dr Nader is a wonderfully talented surgeon. Both doctors are unbelievably nice guys and they’re both extremely meticulous in their work.

My advice would be to reach out to both to consult and then consider how best to proceed. Good luck to you. I remember following your thread back in ‘21 and reading your dissatisfaction. I hope you get it worked out.

We have not removed our recommendation of Dr. Arocha. I wanted to make that clear. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.