My hair transplant at HDC Hair Clinic

Good morning.

My name is Sotiris, and I am a nurse and hair transplant technician at HDC Hair Transplant Clinic. I have been working there for 3 years. I have been waiting for some time to proceed with my hair transplant and gladly the gap in the schedule appeared last week. The procedure was performed in 2 days (23 and 24 May 2023) for a total of 3460 grafts. Both doctors from HDC Hair Clinic, Dr Maras and Dr Christina, worked on my case.

I have been listening to our patients’ experiences and now I have my experience, so that I can be in the shoes of the patient.

This also gives me the opportunity to document my case in detail for you to follow.

I started my surgery with enthusiasm due to the trust that I have for the clinic and my colleagues. The first part of the surgery is local anesthesia and was done with minimal pain and much less than I expected. Punching, extraction and placing run smoothly and the first day finished with 1771 grafts placed to the front.

I had minimum to no pain in the evening and I took paracetamol pills precautionary as recommended. I followed all the post operation instructions, like placing ice packs and massage to the forehead and spraying with saline the transplanted area, not the donor area. Please do not spray then donor as the salt in saline causes Burning and itching.

The Second day went smoothly again with 1689 grafts, totaling for both days 3460 grafts exactly.

I had minimal to negligible swelling probably because I correctly followed the post operation instructions.

My colleagues have taken many photos and videos before, during and after the surgery so I have a lot of material to present my hair transplant in detail. I hope that this will be one of the most well documented cases in this forum.

• Like 1

do upload the graft placement pics with donor pics. then we can comment on the work done.

hairline wasnt lowered much and its quite a good amount of grafts used (3.5k). you should have dense frontal region. if use meds then the miniaturized hairs and existing hair in that area should improve more and help you even more in density.

Edited by duckling
  • Like 1

I am posting below the post operation photos of the recipient area of the 2nd surgery day that were placed exactly 1689 grafts, making a total in the two days of 3400 Grafts.

You can notice the slightly uneven hairline with single hair grafts, the correct direction, angulation, and pattern of the placing of the grafts. Also, the high density that covered the area without leaving any gaps or corridors.

Postop3240graftstop.thumb.jpg.cbfa7f2676e3f674235d0190ebf29358.jpg

Postop3240graftsLeft.thumb.jpg.464518cdd89b2ed10d685ce7cbdd1f9d.jpg

Postop3240graftsright.thumb.jpg.bdfd97d4015a86d7373f3adc29c9f853.jpg

Now I am also putting the postoperative photos of the donor area. I want to emphasize that the punch of the 1st day which is on the back of the head has already started to heal compared to the 2nd day which is on the sides. We see that the punch has been distributed almost throughout the donor area and has been made at an equal distance from each other, leaving several grafts in between. The result of this is that when the hair grows, there are no gaps in the donor.

3B4A4383.thumb.JPG.e7bb87860062537278d64673ffc2a5f4.JPG

3B4A4384.thumb.JPG.08efadb6a366a5cf920cdeafcd2c97f0.JPG

3B4A4386.thumb.JPG.8a5ceb0a528e5d861f48e4b373a38380.JPG

I took these photos 13 days after my hair transplant. I see that there is almost complete healing as you can see from the photos of the recipient and donor area. It’s good to mention that I feel very good with my postoperative course.

13daysafter-Recipienttopcloseup.thumb.jpg.2d80cf38b2dde61c0bede1ef447ee3b5.jpg

13daysafter-Top.thumb.jpg.a262d77ce240f2356ddbdc86d209c10b.jpg

13daysafter-Donorback.thumb.jpg.1a3a849162c211b7ee55d12462a2cdef.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's already been 2 months since my hair transplant.

The difference from the 13 days after photos, is that as expected the transplanted hair has shed.

I'm now going through this stressful period where we all wait for our hair to start growing.

I put pictures of how I was after 27 days and after 53 days. The next time I will update my post will be when the hair starts to grow

27 days after

BackDonor27daysafter.jpg.78d8516386322a90bcd83ea6402c359d.jpg

Morecloseupofrecipient27daysafter.jpg.bf4c680f5cc6bd18d41a8095c84ce51f.jpg

53 days after

1.jpg.7255cbe2b59cd9d0d409a7314454a9fd.jpg

3.jpg.6b93ea62c7ea53346c9b31190ee8aed2.jpg

16 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

is hdc offering beard hair transplant? for potential touch up procedures in case of progressing hairloss you have a lot of beard

Yes, the clinic use beard grafts on many cases.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Valued Contributor

@sotirisits a long process my friend...you will come out of shedding phase after 2.5-3 months post op....so keep calm and don't think abt this for few months and believe the process....stress won't do any good and will harm your overall health..

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 8 months later...