Chest hair to FUE scars

Hi all, I've done 1200 FUE few years ago, not very happy with my donor Area. I'm really impressed with @mustang and @gimpoli stories how they recovered their donor area with BHT.

Do you think my chest hair will be good enough to cover my FUE scars ?

Also have lot of hair on my back and shoulders. Do they work ?

The hair on my chest is curly, if I keep my hair longer, will it be also curly on my donor area ?

Do white dots get pigmented when hair is transplanted ?

Any other advice, thing I should be aware of ?

Thank you for all the answers

1.webp

Edited by Nikoni

4 hours ago, Nikoni said:

Hi all, I've done 1200 FUE few years ago, not very happy with my donor Area. I'm really impressed with @mustang and @gimpoli stories how they recovered their donor area with BHT.

Do you think my chest hair will be good enough to cover my FUE scars ?

Also have lot of hair on my back and shoulders. Do they work ?

The hair on my chest is curly, if I keep my hair longer, will it be also curly on my donor area ?

Do white dots get pigmented when hair is transplanted ?

Any other advice, thing I should be aware of ?

Thank you for all the answers

1.webp

Do you have pics of your donor area?

That's one hell of a dense chest. Not only dense but thick hairs as well, you have over 10.000 grafts there. Man if I had that chest hair I would repopulate my entire donor area!!

After beard chest is the best source. 

Make sure to get PRP into the recipient area (your donor) and to request for the grafts to be stored on PRP as well outside of the boy as for some reason body hairs are not as strong in survival as scalp hairs. 

It will definitely make a cosmetic improvement and also the white dots go away as blood returns to the area when a graft creates blood vessels.

Edited by mustang
  • Like 2

@mustang thanks a lot ! Wouldn't even consider doing this if i didn't see your post.

Have you noticed any difference in growth rate and texture   ? Do they grow faster, become curly, etc .  ?

Edited by Nikoni

Thank you man, And as you had a lot of time with Dr. Mwamba, what does he say ? Do they change speed, texture, anagen phase with time and become like native hair?

On 6/6/2023 at 9:56 PM, mustang said:

That's one hell of a dense chest. Not only dense but thick hairs as well, you have over 10.000 grafts there. Man if I had that chest hair I would repopulate my entire donor area!!

Make sure to get PRP into the recipient area (your donor) and to request for the grafts to be stored on PRP as well outside of the boy as for some reason body hairs are not as strong in survival as scalp hairs. 

It will definitely make a cosmetic improvement and also the white dots go away as blood returns to the area when a graft creates blood vessels.

I done my HT surgery from 3 days ago and extrected 900 chest and 1100 beard to implant into my scalp. 

Do you mean take PRP into my scalp after surgery directly or after the surgery  by two months  to increase survival rate of body hair in  my scalp. 

As well I hear that PRP is useful for healing so I want to take it in my chin from where the grafts have been extrected to help for better healing. Do you recommend taking it  at the day of extraction from beard to get its  better effect for healing or after 3 days from the extraction. 

Hey guys 

I want to transplant chest hair to my crown to give it more density. The reason is because is already had 2 hairtransplant and i dont want to use anymore scalp hair. I have a lot of chest/body hair and the most of it is really thick. My question is will it grow good( i am aware it will not be the same as scalp hair) and is there a possibility that it can grow longer or will it stay the same lenght?

• Moderators
12 hours ago, pako said:

Hey guys 

I want to transplant chest hair to my crown to give it more density. The reason is because is already had 2 hairtransplant and i dont want to use anymore scalp hair. I have a lot of chest/body hair and the most of it is really thick. My question is will it grow good( i am aware it will not be the same as scalp hair) and is there a possibility that it can grow longer or will it stay the same lenght?

My chest and beard hair grows longer and faster after being transplanted to my scalp than it did in the original chest and beard areas.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

My chest and beard hair grows longer and faster after being transplanted to my scalp than it did in the original chest and beard areas.

Do they grow faster than scalp hair ? If yes, how fast ?

13 hours ago, BeHappy said:

@BeHappy what about different anagen/telognen phases ? Does body hair mimic the scalp hair once transplanted ?

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Nikoni said:

Do they grow faster than scalp hair ? If yes, how fast ?

Mine does, but it's not an issue. I just give it a quick scissor trim to even it out if I have to.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Nikoni said:

@BeHappy what about different anagen/telognen phases ? Does body hair mimic the scalp hair once transplanted ?

Mine seems to act more like scalp hair, but honestly it's hard to tell really. My chest hair always grew pretty long anyway and I never grew a beard to know what my beard hair would look like grown out. All I can say is for me it hasn't been an issue having body hair on my head.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

19 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Mine seems to act more like scalp hair, but honestly it's hard to tell really. My chest hair always grew pretty long anyway and I never grew a beard to know what my beard hair would look like grown out. All I can say is for me it hasn't been an issue having body hair on my head.

I mean, if it is telogen, it will fall. What's your feeling, out of 100 body  hairs approximately what % is present on the scalp ?

1 hour ago, Nikoni said:

I mean, if it is telogen, it will fall. What's your feeling, out of 100 body  hairs approximately what % is present on the scalp ?

How can anyone possibly answer this question?

You don't see them, you see one or two pop out out of 1.000 , the rest just blends in with your hair. 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Scarring from my chest left tiny red dots that disappeared completely to the naked eye by 6-12 months. All the best. 

I had the same issue with chest grafts. The red dots take 6 months to fade completely from my chest, but after that they are undetectable unless you really look for them

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

• 3 months later...
On 6/6/2023 at 11:56 PM, mustang said:

Interesting. One guy on this forum was saying 1000 chest grafts give you 250 graft coverage.. is this true? and who'd you recommend for BHT..

Thanks

4 hours ago, Bert said:

Interesting. One guy on this forum was saying 1000 chest grafts give you 250 graft coverage.. is this true? and who'd you recommend for BHT..

Thanks

Probably, they are all singles, low coverage value but you don't need coverage value for the donor. As long as a hair is growing where a white dot was then it can be entirely repopulated.

I did mine with Mwamba, not sure who else does this.