Dutasteride mesotherapy

Follicle1984

Hi all.

Has any one any experience with dutasteride mesotherapy?

Aware many people are using topical dut these days. But given there are so few studies on topical dut, and there are probably afew more on dut meso...has anyone tried it?

It would seem you can reduce drug exposure massively. As some routines seem to be 0.1mg injected just once a month.

I do not know of any clinics offering it in USA. When I asked my dermatologists if she or her colleagues offered it, she had no clue.

From my limited readings, its offered in Spain and im assuming other parts of europe

• Valued Contributor

Yeh i guess doctors of Europe are using it and i have hears good thing abt it from some doctors 

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

havent seen much posts about it in forums. i saw only few in reddit and that too not great results. the hair condition didnt worsen for them and hair quality improved. but didnt see any huge regrowth which i was expecting.

9 hours ago, Follicle1984 said:

Hi all.

Has any one any experience with dutasteride mesotherapy?

Aware many people are using topical dut these days. But given there are so few studies on topical dut, and there are probably afew more on dut meso...has anyone tried it?

It would seem you can reduce drug exposure massively. As some routines seem to be 0.1mg injected just once a month.

don't go to regular derms, they don't know sh*t about hair loss

2 hours ago, duckling said:

havent seen much posts about it in forums. i saw only few in reddit and that too not great results. the hair condition didnt worsen for them and hair quality improved. but didnt see any huge regrowth which i was expecting.

I would take something which allowed me to hold my ground as a win i think. That's pretty much all fin and dut do for most people who use them. I know there are one or two extraordinary regrowth stories out there, but they dont seem to ve that common. Even the few hairs per square cm noted in trials are probably not going to make a huge visual difference for most.

It's interesting to note however that even doses as low as 0.1mg once a month can in some, reduce sperm counts, suggesting it will of course go systemic and even these time doses can have effects elsewhere in the body. I beleive the sode effect of ED is pretty low to non existent though. 

Looking at one hair clinic, they have a protocol administing 1ml of 0.01% only every 3 months!! So in 9 months you've only been exposed to 0.3mg! Less than one day's worth of 0.5mg soft gel. Or, for a 9m period; 135mg dutasteride vs 0.3mg dutasteride! Wow. Even for someone who is nervous about 5ARi's, the common sense part of my brain finds it hard to beleive that must not be exceptionally low risk for developing side effects. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@duckling

This things aren't always shown on forums my friend.. i mean people who goes through many such procedures aren't on forums and even i guess very very less percentage of people who are going for transplants are on forums and post their journey...

• Like 1

--> My Thread

2 hours ago, Follicle1984 said:

I would take something which allowed me to hold my ground as a win i think. That's pretty much all fin and dut do for most people who use them. I know there are one or two extraordinary regrowth stories out there, but they dont seem to ve that common. Even the few hairs per square cm noted in trials are probably not going to make a huge visual difference for most.

It's interesting to note however that even doses as low as 0.1mg once a month can in some, reduce sperm counts, suggesting it will of course go systemic and even these time doses can have effects elsewhere in the body. I beleive the sode effect of ED is pretty low to non existent though. 

Looking at one hair clinic, they have a protocol administing 1ml of 0.01% only every 3 months!! So in 9 months you've only been exposed to 0.3mg! Less than one day's worth of 0.5mg soft gel. Or, for a 9m period; 135mg dutasteride vs 0.3mg dutasteride! Wow. Even for someone who is nervous about 5ARi's, the common sense part of my brain finds it hard to beleive that must not be exceptionally low risk for developing side effects. 

yeah i can agree that fin and dut mostly work on retaining hair for majority . And after sometime they slowly lose them unless they increase their dose. Its in some rare cases that fin increased their hair count at 10 year result mark when compared to the initial hair count before starting meds.

Risk is very low with this mesotherapy with dut. There might be only positives even if it just slows down the hair loss. No problem in giving it a shot. Currently not many do it as they want to stick to cheaper and well researched oral meds which do come with certain risk of increased sides and also its not provided in many places. Surely more data from patients will come with this getting popularity just like prp in future.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@duckling

This things aren't always shown on forums my friend.. i mean people who goes through many such procedures aren't on forums and even i guess very very less percentage of people who are going for transplants are on forums and post their journey...

very true that we dont have many people sharing their stories on forums and we might have a small percent of them here .. but just like transplant when large number of people go through with it, the data should come. I agree for this we will have to wait for either publication from research which are large scale. and another way will be word of mouth from results posted on forums. 

I do wish though that the outcome is positive as we need lot of alternative approach to stopping hair loss other than just oral route in which people worry a lot about sides and sometimes quit even if they dont have any but are scared about it and some people actually do get sides. I dont think oral route is feasible for everyone.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@duckling Yeh true..some other forms may be more convenient ..i have had conversation regarding this with 2-3 very good surgeons and they are seeing good results from this but still very less number of doctors are using it so its tough to see too many reviews about it so right now just have to go on with the words of some good surgeons like bisanga...

• Like 1

--> My Thread

5 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@duckling Yeh true..some other forms may be more convenient ..i have had conversation regarding this with 2-3 very good surgeons and they are seeing good results from this but still very less number of doctors are using it so its tough to see too many reviews about it so right now just have to go on with the words of some good surgeons like bisanga...

Are you considering trying dutasteride mesotherapy then Archan? 

• Valued Contributor
7 minutes ago, Follicle1984 said:

Are you considering trying dutasteride mesotherapy then Archan? 

Not available in my country ...but i will do some research about it and will talk to some local doctors here...

--> My Thread

4 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Not available in my country ...but i will do some research about it and will talk to some local doctors here...

Ah OK. Best of luck with it all.

What are your thoughts about COSMERNA?

• Valued Contributor
13 hours ago, Follicle1984 said:

Ah OK. Best of luck with it all.

What are your thoughts about COSMERNA?

Thanks...i don't know about that..actually its not gonna be available in my country for long so i never felt a need to do some research on that.. Plus didn't yet see patient reviews about so nor did many doctors said that they have successfully used it on many patients ....once something positive comes up i would look at it and see if i can get it somehow ....bt i don't think it would be possible in near future at least in my country..

--> My Thread

On 6/5/2023 at 1:57 AM, Follicle1984 said:

Hola a todos.

¿Alguien tiene experiencia con la mesoterapia con dutasterida?

Consciente de que muchas personas estan usando dut topicos en estos dias. Pero dado que hay tan pocos estudios sobre dut topic, y probablemente haya algunos más sobre dut meso... ¿alguien lo ha probado?

Parecería que puede reducir la exposición a las drogas de forma masiva. Como algunas rutinas parecen inyectarse 0,1 mg solo una vez al mes.

Hi! I have already had a mesotherapy session with dutasteride, minoxidil and vitamins.  I have two more sessions in the next two months.  In my thread I will post the updates as I haven't found many posts about it either and I want to have my own experience.

A hug!

Edited by PelazoVenAMi
Hello
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mustang said:

You can do Mesotherapy yourself with a dermapen at 0.75mm to 2mm

I don't think it's really "mesotherapy" just because you are opening up small wounds in your scalp in conjunction with applying topical dut.... 

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I don't think it's really "mesotherapy" just because you are opening up small wounds in your scalp in conjunction with applying topical dut.... 

Yes it is. I had Mesotherapy done by 2 clinics in Europe and this is exactly what they did.

Only difference the injection is at 3mm depth while the Dermapen can be set at 2.5mm depth. No difference and there is actually more improvements when puncturing thousand of holes vs a few injections. The formula is the same.

48 minutes ago, mustang said:

Yes it is. I had Mesotherapy done by 2 clinics in Europe and this is exactly what they did.

Only difference the injection is at 3mm depth while the Dermapen can be set at 2.5mm depth. No difference and there is actually more improvements when puncturing thousand of holes vs a few injections. The formula is the same.

It is interesting, and I don't know enough to say, but I think the smaller number of injection sites would play a big role in preventing it from going systemic. Hair follicles in general are a really great path for topical absorption as opposed to bare skin because it's easier for liquids to penetrate a hair follicle compared to bare skin, so when you then add hundreds or thousands of small wounds it stands to reason the systemic absoprtion is going to be even greater. So I think the risk of systemic absorption would be much greater with your method as opposed to legitimate dut mesotherapy because as you say mesotherapy only has a few injections. And the whole point of dut mesotherapy is to prevent it going systemic. 

Would be curious to see what a Dr who is experienced with dut mesotherapy has to say about the differences. I stand by my claim that topical dut + dermapen is not dut mesotherapy but I do appreciate your point as well. 

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

It is interesting, and I don't know enough to say, but I think the smaller number of injection sites would play a big role in preventing it from going systemic. Hair follicles in general are a really great path for topical absorption as opposed to bare skin because it's easier for liquids to penetrate a hair follicle compared to bare skin, so when you then add hundreds or thousands of small wounds it stands to reason the systemic absoprtion is going to be even greater. So I think the risk of systemic absorption would be much greater with your method as opposed to legitimate dut mesotherapy because as you say mesotherapy only has a few injections. And the whole point of dut mesotherapy is to prevent it going systemic. 

Would be curious to see what a Dr who is experienced with dut mesotherapy has to say about the differences. I stand by my claim that topical dut + dermapen is not dut mesotherapy but I do appreciate your point as well. 

Dutasteride Mesotherapy goes systemic. That it's why it's performed every 3 months by some clinics and monthly by others. There are conflicting reports on serum DHT reduction but apparently side effects are quite low compared to daily oral and topical routes.

Topical Dutasteride plus dermapen is dutasteride mesotherapy, that's that the most renown clinic in Spain offers (Dr Pelo) with thousands of cases and that's how Mwamba and other surgeons do it as well. 

2 minutes ago, mustang said:

Dutasteride Mesotherapy goes systemic. That it's why it's performed every 3 months by some clinics and monthly by others. There are conflicting reports on serum DHT reduction but apparently side effects are quite low compared to daily oral and topical routes.

Topical Dutasteride plus dermapen is dutasteride mesotherapy, that's that the most renown clinic in Spain offers (Dr Pelo) with thousands of cases and that's how Mwamba and other surgeons do it as well. 

Maybe this is a semantic rather than a substantive disagreement we have. Mesotherapy involves injection of a drug, not just puncturing the skin to increase absorption of the drug. 

You're basically saying that dut + dermapen allows topical Dut to be absorped whereas without the dermapen it would not due to it's molecular weight? That still isn't mesotherapy though.