Protein Powder Recommendation

@Goblin82 I don’t think whey protein has an impact on the hairloss. If you are buying from the renowned company, authentic product has the lab test report and if you’re not overdosing it then certainly you are out of risk. Moreover, for the hair growth, We also need sufficient amount of protein which is 1gm per body weight kg. Furthermore, isolate whey protein is the purest form of it

• Like 1

That article seems to around the houses then conclude whey protein doesn't cause hair loss. For me, the link is that its consumed by gym goers and strength training is likely to marginally increase testosterone and therefore DHT?

Edited by BackFromTheBrink
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I take protein powder and creatine (5mg max) a day. This is just my personal opinion from own experience. I don't believe that it's doing any harm to my hair. Lifting weights five times a week that increases my own testosterone may cause higher DHT levels but I'm not seeing it in my hair. I think that functional health is extremely  important and the advantages of weight resistance training (and exercise in general for that matter) have huge benefits from anything to bone density, improved muscle function to mental health. I've looked at all of the studies, vlogs, etc that are often cited and at the end of the day it's best to make your own decision based on medical advice and personal goals and priorities. All the best.

Thank you all

Working out is something I will always do and understand it may have a small effect on my hair but just unsure if to add protein shakes into my routine now 

• Like 1

I don't think whey or any kind of protein would effect your hairloss. I mean there are plenty of full haired guys and straight bald guys using protein powders.

I've even seen disinformation that links exercise in general to hairloss. MPB is genetic, period. 

Exercising and good diet will improve your quality of life, there's more to your existence than just your hair. 

You can be a couch potato that eats junkfood 24/7 with a full mop or you can be slick bald. It depends on your luck and genetics. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• 1 month later...

Whey has that effect on many. 

Try Fairlife ready to drink shakes. They’re made with a lactose enzyme that renders them able to label them “dairy free”. 

Many of my clients that can’t tolerate whey do great with these. They’re also super super tasty and great consistency on top of bomb macros 👌🏽

On 7/24/2023 at 12:20 PM, GoliGoliGoli said:

Does whey wreak havoc on anyone else's digestive system? I've even bought an expensive one that is supposed to be easier on digestion, but no luck :(

Just now, jfally said:

Whey has that effect on many. 

Try Fairlife ready to drink shakes. They’re made with a lactose enzyme that renders them able to label them “dairy free”. 

Many of my clients that can’t tolerate whey do great with these. They’re also super super tasty and great consistency on top of bomb macros 👌🏽

Thanks I'll check those out. I recently came across a video recommending Gelatin powder in place of whey so I ordered up some "great lakes grassfed beef gelatin" to give it a shot.