Dr. Munib Ahmad (Fuegenix) - 2188 grafts - MAY 2023 - 28y-old

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Recession1 said:

That’s what I don’t understand about hair restoration…. I’m not coming at you I’m just trying to understand it. We all know hair loss is progressive and unpredictable. You went conservative since he is 28 and has extensive loss and if you go too aggressive you will run out of donor and won’t be able to cover your tracks. On the flip side if he didn’t have loss behind the frontal third you mentioned you would get more aggressive with the hairline and bring it down. So what if you did that and he goes from NW 3 to NW5 or 6 from 30-40 years old? Obviously he would then be in a bad position as he would be in a bad position today if you would have brought it lower. It just doesn’t make sense to me… it’s almost like playing Russian roulette… kinda scary 

Hair loss is unpredictable to an extent, but not when you’re on medication. It’s not logical to believe he would lose all of his hair in 10 years if he’s on medication. That’s why medication is important. Without medication, yes, it’s possible. On medication, he would lose some hair, but definitely not all. 

Taking you and OP as an example, the difference is massive. You have to plan according to your current and future hair loss. Left, shows obvious miniaturization throughout the entire scalp. Right shows zero, even with wet hair. Obviously, the surgical plan would be vastly different for each patient.

347D05FD-D36D-442E-8C9C-6B9965981F80.jpeg

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I think you have an irrational fear of going bald all of the sudden. Hair loss is progressive, but also accumulative.

Male pattern baldness doesn’t happen over night, you would see signs of miniaturization early on. You’re on dutasteride the most powerful drug on the market. It’s almost impossible for this to happen to you, as long as you maintain the drug. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Recession1 said:

Doesn’t sound very straight forward it sounds very contradicting and more about taking a guess on future loss… but thanks for the reply. 

Here are my thoughts, presented in bullets. I hope this clarifies things further. I typically use 16 categories, but for simplicity, I've condensed them into 4.

1. High hairloss, high chance to go bald: conservative approach. 

If there's a high degree of hair loss and a high chance of going bald, a conservative approach is best to preserve the remaining hair and plan for future hair loss.

2. Low hairloss, high chance to go bald: conservative approach. 

Even with low hair loss, if there's a high likelihood of going bald, a conservative approach is still advisable to anticipate and plan for the future.

3. High hairloss, low chance to go bald: less conservative approach

If someone has experienced a high degree of hair loss but has a low likelihood of going fully bald, a less conservative approach can be taken, perhaps focusing on enhancing the present appearance without as much future concern.

4. Low hairloss, low chance to go bald: aggressive approach. 

If there's minimal hair loss and a low chance of progressing to baldness, a more aggressive approach can be taken to optimize appearance without much worry about future hair loss.

And now it's time for me to get a good night's rest  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheManeMan said:

What surgeon did this? Looks awesome 

I did. 

Edited by DrMunibAhmad
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

• Administrators

Here’s a study of twins. One took dutasteride 2003, the other didn’t take anything until 2010.

The difference is massive after 10 years. You see there’s slight thinning on the dutasteride twin, but nowhere near the twin who started late. After ten years the dutasteride twin has lost little to no hair. 

IMG_9768.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Melvin, you aren’t wrong about my irrational fear of going bald lol I know you don’t always follow your dad and brother… but man they are as bald as it gets. Sometimes I think the only reason I’m not is because I’m on medication and it is always the fear of one day they just stop working and my genetics overpower the meds and I go bald.  … or hopefully I just didn’t inherit their pattern… who knows! 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Recession1 said:

Melvin, you aren’t wrong about my irrational fear of going bald lol I know you don’t always follow your dad and brother… but man they are as bald as it gets. Sometimes I think the only reason I’m not is because I’m on medication and it is always the fear of one day they just stop working and my genetics overpower the meds and I go bald.  … or hopefully I just didn’t inherit their pattern… who knows! 

Regardless, whether its the meds or you didn’t inherit the gene, as long as you maintain the regimen, you’re not gonna go Norwood 6. Hell, even me at Norwood 6, it’s not like you’re a lost cause.  I kept the shape of my hairline. You act like being a Norwood 6 means you’re not a candidate. Regardless, it’s irrelevant because you’re not a Norwood 6. 

2421B76C-EEAE-4CCE-BCDE-7A66F99D763E.jpeg

View my thread

• 5 months later...