Dutasteride

Rossybop

I use 1.25mg fin daily and 1x Regaine foam daily.

Been on it 3 years but I've been shedding a lot, again, and I think fin has lost its power.

Should I add dutasteride?

How much dutasteride?

What can I expect with dutasteride?

11 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Been on it 3 years but I've been shedding a lot, again, and I think fin has lost its power.

How much dutasteride?

Shedding isn't entirely a good marker for hair loss, its natural for us to all go through seasonal sheds and sometimes we pick up on them and are on high alert. I would try going to the topical dut route first to see if you tolerate that on top of your regimen. A topical dut applied say once or twice a week would be a good start.

11 hours ago, Rossybop said:

How much dutasteride?

you can do a scalp analysis ( trichoscopy) and see if you have miniaturized hairs or its just normal shedding happening. Like mentioned above seasonal shedding is pretty common and in regular basis also we also lose hair (normal shedding of 100-150 hair) but when we pay too much attention to it then we overthink it and make it worse with stress. 

topical dutasteride once a week is used by people when fin isn't that effective for them anymore but use it if your doctor says you have miniaturized hairs.

Edited by duckling

I Will get checked for minitaurization but I'm fairly sure I'm thinning. I've been shedding a lot for a prolonged period now and my hair looks+feels thinner than it did before.

What should I expect by adding dut to my regime?

• Administrators

According to Dr. Vaño the most effective treatment is 0.5mg of dutasteride daily. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

According to Dr. Vaño the most effective treatment is 0.5mg of dutasteride daily. 

I see...I think I've seen people suggesting 0.5mg once weekly on top of 1.25mg daily...