Should I start becomming concerned after 7 months?

I had a procedure done about 7 months ago on the frontal hairline and temples with a recommended coolition Dr. However, if you split my hairline in half it almost looks like I've had 2 separate procedures. One side of my hairline has come in quite dense with dark, thick hairs with no noticable spaces, and I'm very pleased with the results so far. The other side has not come in quite as dense. The quality of the hair doesn't even look the same. It looks much finer, and the hairs seem much more spaced apart. In fact there are gaps where hair should have grown in, and the hairline doesn't tie in like the other side. I find it hard to believe that I'll be receiving the quoted dense packing that my dr. predicted. Now I'm wondering if the grafts failed to all grow in on that side, or is it too early to tell at 7 months? I find it kind of hard to believe I'll get any new growth, but I'm no expert. I guess that if the thinner side wasn't the side that I parted my hair on I wouldn't be so concerned. Otherwise, even after 7 months I think I could pass with just the one procedure if both sides eventually even out. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I had a procedure done about 7 months ago on the frontal hairline and temples with a recommended coolition Dr. However, if you split my hairline in half it almost looks like I've had 2 separate procedures. One side of my hairline has come in quite dense with dark, thick hairs with no noticable spaces, and I'm very pleased with the results so far. The other side has not come in quite as dense. The quality of the hair doesn't even look the same. It looks much finer, and the hairs seem much more spaced apart. In fact there are gaps where hair should have grown in, and the hairline doesn't tie in like the other side. I find it hard to believe that I'll be receiving the quoted dense packing that my dr. predicted. Now I'm wondering if the grafts failed to all grow in on that side, or is it too early to tell at 7 months? I find it kind of hard to believe I'll get any new growth, but I'm no expert. I guess that if the thinner side wasn't the side that I parted my hair on I wouldn't be so concerned. Otherwise, even after 7 months I think I could pass with just the one procedure if both sides eventually even out. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Yes, 7 months time is too early to tell. You must give your HT at least 1 year before determining if you are happy with the results.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for the quick replies Leeson and hairthere, but I do have growth, but it's just spotty on one side of my hairline. Instead of no hair in that area it just looks like I'm thinning or balding in that area. I was just wondering if it will fill in more after 7 months? I know you're not supposed to critique the procedure until after a year, but I'm also thinking of planning ahead to see if I'll need more work done or maybe even to consult another dr.?

I've seen quite a few cases where the transplants grows quicker on one side than the other...it just needs a couple of months to catch up is all...I think i'll be the same as one side looks thicker than the other, so more graphs shed from my left side.

You did everything right, went to a coalition doc, followed the post op directions, etc... It'll come good.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

wait until 12 months and then you will see most of the growth.. Worrying earlier is not smart and just gives added stress

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

buccap,

I agree with the advice you've been given so far.

I also recommend consulting with your doctor and sharing your concerns. Communication with your doctor is very important during the hair restoration growth process so he/she can act as a champion in your corner. If in the event your results aren't up to par, I trust any Coalition doctor to stand behind you and ensure you're well taken care of.

Feel free also to post your progress pictures and keep us all posted in the coming months.

Best wishes,

Bill

It is possible that you are a late grower on one side. However, it is also possible that a tech botched the job on one side. The techs normally divide the work on each side of the head.

Talk to your doctor about your concern.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

• 4 months later...