My experience with HMR Restoration (Dr Cortez) in Tijuana Mexico -- 3000 grafts --1 1/2 year after.

Hello everyone! This is my hair transplant experience at Hair Medical Restoration in Tijuana. I'll try to be brief, but if I can provide more information, feel free to contact me privately. 

My transplant date was December 2021, and I received 3000 grafts via FUE. The staff member who picked me up and dropped me off at the train station was amazing. He was punctual, friendly, and professional. 

The staff at the clinic were also welcoming, friendly, and professional. When the doctor arrived, they initially suggested creating a lower hairline design, but I requested to keep the side entrances slightly high, as that is how my original hairline was. They had no problem accommodating my request.

Although the process was lengthy, I felt extremely comfortable and relaxed throughout. I even fell asleep for a bit while they were extracting hair from the donor area. After the extraction, we took a break and I was given a light meal before beginning the second part of the procedure, which involved placing the grafts. The process took several hours, but I was comfortable and had no issues.

After the procedure, the clinic followed up with me regularly via email, and I sent them progress photos. They informed me that everything looked good.

As with other transplant patients, I experienced the shedding of my new hair and was initially nervous that it wouldn't grow back. However, I slowly regrew my hair, and I am now very pleased with the results.

Conclusion: Overall, I had a great experience with Hair Medical Restoration. I loved the natural hairline design they created for me, the clinic was modern and clean, and the surrounding area was lovely and felt safe. The only con or small issue I have is that I haven't heard back from them regarding a potential second transplant, despite emailing them multiple times. That being said, I would still highly recommend them.

Lastly, I have to mention the food in Tijuana. It's incredible! I had the pleasure of dining at a couple of sit down restaurants nearby and also tried some great tacos at "Tacos el franc," which was featured in Netflix's Taco Chronicles series - amazing! I would return just for the food alone.

Here are some before and after photos: 

BEFORE

before.thumb.jpg.2e39d5c787d5f505515ca5ce2dad7e19.jpg

AFTER (1 year and a couple of months after) -- When my hair is kept short, it looks fuller. I try to keep it as long as possible and I know it looks thinning.

after.thumb.jpg.7dfdc4ea02feaecd3dbd430c9ceeab8e.jpg

Edited by hairrefill

1 minute ago, Pbaird98 said:

Would you consider someone else for a second procedure if you don’t hear back from them? 

Definitely! I'm actually actively looking for options right now. I'm ready for a refill haha :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hairrefill said:

Definitely! I'm actually actively looking for options right now. I'm ready for a refill haha :)

Dr Nader is hopefully on the option list already? 🤔

They have given good coverage for 3000 grafts.
Its tough to see if you have beard grafts. 
my suggestion is to get a surgeon who can now use beard too as your donor looks little weaker to get 6k lifetime grafts. please post pic of donor . The pic posted is before 1st surgery. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No reply from Dr. Nader, no reply from Clinica DrEO in Mexico City, I sent both photos via their online form and also followed up with DrEO via Google Maps messages since they seem to be active there and... nothing. 

I don't understand, and I actually find it a bit funny that they don't have a better method for catching leads. They must not be in great need for clients 😅

9 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

@hairrefillhey bro, any updates ? 

7 minutes ago, hairrefill said:

No reply from Dr. Nader, no reply from Clinica DrEO in Mexico City, I sent both photos via their online form and also followed up with DrEO via Google Maps messages since they seem to be active there and... nothing. 

I don't understand, and I actually find it a bit funny that they don't have a better method for catching leads. They must not be in great need for clients 😅

Yeah I see that Dr Nader has quite the wait, but no response at all isn’t good. 

• Administrators

Dr. Nader replies personally, his responses take a few weeks. Please make sure you send him a consult through our link as well.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.