The best solution to remove hair with bad angles ?

Hello the forum, 

First of all I thank each of you who take the time to answer my questions, for this subject or for another, because it helps me a lot. 
I am 25 years old, and I have done a bad hair transplant of 2500 grafts (maybe 2000) 1 year and a half ago, the front line is pluggy, low, and almost all the hair is misaligned. 
does electrolyse leave scars ?
Is it possible to extract at least 800? I have seen that it leaves scars, and I have never seen a removal of 800 grafts. Can implanting new hair in the middle and in the hairline camouflage it well?
I am on oral finasteride and oral minoxidil because of dramatic hair loss.
Please, I need your advice, because psychologically it is hard. 

IMG_2617.jpg

Edited by DavidFrancis

• Administrators

Whats the issue you have with the angles?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, DavidFrancis said:

The hair does not go down. It is straight and up. When it is long, it naturally falls back, leaving a lack of density in front.
On the temples, it is in any direction.
In addition, the front line is pluggy.

Can you try and take some better pictures with close-ups. Removing grafts is always tricky because it can leave scars. Camouflaging presents another set of issues. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Can you try and take some better pictures with close-ups. Removing grafts is always tricky because it can leave scars. Camouflaging presents another set of issues. 

But even by an expert ? 
And with electrolyse, it’s leave scars too ? 

D4CF3887-16AF-4966-A2EB-90DCAFCB1DAF.png

7CEC72AD-BAAD-41BC-8A67-26A176CD9FCD.png

42A6BDF3-46A3-45B6-BC31-5CC5C9E4080B.jpeg

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, DavidFrancis said:

But even by an expert ? 
And with electrolyse, it’s leave scars too ? 

D4CF3887-16AF-4966-A2EB-90DCAFCB1DAF.png

7CEC72AD-BAAD-41BC-8A67-26A176CD9FCD.png

42A6BDF3-46A3-45B6-BC31-5CC5C9E4080B.jpeg

Being an expert doesn’t prevent scarring. If you cut or score the skin it will create a scar. If you camouflage it, there will still be some imperfections. In my honest opinion, your hair doesn’t look bad. I doubt anyone in the real world would think there’s anything wrong.

View my thread

• Valued Contributor

From someone who has had actual bad work (punch grafts plugs) performed and then surgically removed, leaving nothing but scars, I would caution you from removing your hair transplant (or part of) surgically or otherwise. It would be akin to jumping out of the pan and into the fire with scars that you will then be anxious about hiding in it's place. Even the best hair transplant results can be critiqued negatively on any forum. In reality no one would pick that you have had surgery in real life. Also the fact that you can tolerate finsteride and dutasteride is in your favor big time. If you lose ground in the future you could always add a bit of density in other potential areas but remember no hair transplant is perfect. I know this is not what you want to hear but living with a life time of scars (and wasted grafts) is not fun. All the best!

• Like 1

Well performed electrolysis should not impact the skin. I have done it before. Certainly it is less traumatic to the skin than punching out grafts but you need to pick an electrologist carefully. There’s lots of bad ones and very few who are great at it. 

Dr. Konior is a proponent of laser and / or electrolysis in certain circumstances. So is Dr. Cooley. Obviously it’s a catch 22 because punching and re-planting the grafts means you can re-use them. Electrolysis will kill them. Consult with a reputable doctor. There could be a scenario where some can be punched and re-planted and just the more visible frontal area could be removed with electrolysis to keep you from visible scarring.

It's less obvious in pictures than in real life, but yes, I've already had a lot of comments about my hair. 
In addition to the problematic direction, the appearance of the transplanted hair is a bit frizzy, the follicles must have been damaged. 
Do you have any pictures of the scars left by the removal? Because I am even more confused than before.
As far as finasteride is concerned, I have a loss of erection in the morning, but I am not ready to stop it, because I have a diffuse with a very high rate of fall

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, DavidFrancis said:

It's less obvious in pictures than in real life, but yes, I've already had a lot of comments about my hair. 
In addition to the problematic direction, the appearance of the transplanted hair is a bit frizzy, the follicles must have been damaged. 
Do you have any pictures of the scars left by the removal? Because I am even more confused than before.
As far as finasteride is concerned, I have a loss of erection in the morning, but I am not ready to stop it, because I have a diffuse with a very high rate of fall

The amount of scarring from an FUE hairline extraction really comes down to the skill & technique of the doctor as well as your propensity for scarring. If done well the scarring is usually very minimal and often not visible at all. But you need to go to a top doctor and it won't be cheap. You'll likely spend more having 600-800 grafts extracted and re-implanted than you did for the full 2,500 grafts, given that most of the top doctors in Europe are in the 4-5EUR per graft range.

2 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

The amount of scarring from an FUE hairline extraction really comes down to the skill & technique of the doctor as well as your propensity for scarring. If done well the scarring is usually very minimal and often not visible at all. But you need to go to a top doctor and it won't be cheap. You'll likely spend more having 600-800 grafts extracted and re-implanted than you did for the full 2,500 grafts, given that most of the top doctors in Europe are in the 4-5EUR per graft range.

I see thank you, but on the one hand, extracting them and then re-implanting them saves my donor area a bit. 
I have already used 2500 grafts at 25 years old, (even if I think they used 2000), and I am very afraid that I will not have enough for the future

can you please share high quality photos of ur hairline and temples, also how much is ur height of hairline to glabella in cms because if its more and  if you have a good donor then soft hairs with proper angles can be added in front in my case my hairline was lowered 0.4 to 0.5 mm with soft hairs to cover the bad hairs on front from previous transplant as of now i m still awaiting for my final results as i m just  2.5 months growth now 

punching out grafts i think can be done by very skilled surgeons, i have no idea of electrolysis and it will destroy the hairs i guess

Yes I'm sharing more photos with you. 
I can't keep them long, because I find they don't blend with the rest of the hair for two reasons. 
1) The hair is misaligned
2) Since my transplant 1 year ago, I have lost a lot of hair in the middle, just behind the transplant. In only 1 year, the whole of my hair has become thinner, and is of poor quality. 
I hope that with the medication it will get better. I'm on 4 months of finasteride 0.5mg per day, and 3 and a half months of oral minoxidil 2.5mg per day, and after a huge shedding, the hair loss has slowed down. I am now hoping for regrowth, or thickening of the rest. Do you think I have a chance? 
I'm barely 25 years old, and I've been psychologically devastated for a year now

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg