Re: Donor area hurting

Hope this is in the correct spot does anyone have any tips on a hurting Donor Area. 

it’s been 10 days since the HT but it’s the donor area that is hurting more then ever. 

would Serum help or any tips if this is normal for the donor area to hurt. 
I had 4500 grafs done 

F6F026C7-70D8-40F4-B9E9-12270EB5D3ED.jpeg

• Administrators

Try aloe vera, it should help soothe the area.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Aloe Vera works wonders…having 4500 extractions is significant enough to have many severed nerves…there is lots of inflammation and swelling…ibuprofen has anti-inflammatory in addition to pain relief.

• Like 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Valued Contributor

Try aloe Vera gel on donor and you can take ibuprofen tablets...but do contact your surgeon and see wht he/she suggest you to do...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

@Cycle,

While everyone experience different levels of pain and handles pain in different ways, typically, people experience mild discomfort to minor pain during healing. Thus, if you feel that any pain is intensifying or isn’t going away, I do suggest consulting with your doctor/clinic to see what they recommend.

In the meantime, topicals such as aloe vera can certainly help soothe any discomfort or pain you’re experiencing. Personally, my magic bullet has always been Nioxin conditioner which has a very cooling and soothing effect that helps with itching and/or discomfort.   I would always apply it to my scalp in the shower and let it sit for several minutes for maximum soothing.

You may have to order this online as I’m not positive that it can be found easily in local stores.  That said, Ulta may have it because I do remember picking some up not too terribly long ago when I was with my fiancé browsing through a few stores. So if there is an Ulta near, you could always try picking some up there.  Also, note that both the shampoo and conditioner are excellent but it’s the conditioner that really provides the soothing a fact that I’m referring to.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 4/18/2023 at 5:30 AM, Gatsby said:

I found avocado oil (courtesy of zoomster) to be very beneficial for my donor after my first HT. 👌

Gats, that’s good to know because I have heard of it but never used it myself.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY