Crown Growth

the crown appears to be slower in growth because not many grafts are used there for people with mpb and even for people without mpb because of whirl it always looks a little thinner as they are angled away from each other, instead of overlapping and creating illusion of density.

Both these points are countered once hair length increases substantially. So people think crown area is slow to grow. 

• Well Done 1

@Daniel A,

There’s really not any hard-core evidence proving that the crown takes longer to grow however, I have heard from some that this has been the case for them as well.  That said, hair does grow at different rates no matter where it’s been transplanted on the scalp. So rest is short, if the hair is growing in the front that the crown should have no problem catching up in the coming months.

Now are you asking this question generally speaking or did you have a hair transplant and your crown growth is delayed?

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Same speed as the rest of the scalp. And when done correctly you can even have a full crown at 5 month mark. 

I tend to agree that crown results take longer to grow, though it's harder to create density covering effect, it can grow slower than the frontal area.

My frontal area noticeably started to grow after 13 weeks, final result post 9 months, while my crown started after 22 weeks, final result post 12 months.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

16 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Daniel A,

There’s really not any hard-core evidence proving that the crown takes longer to grow however, I have heard from some that this has been the case for them as well.  That said, hair does grow at different rates no matter where it’s been transplanted on the scalp. So rest is short, if the hair is growing in the front that the crown should have no problem catching up in the coming months.

Now are you asking this question generally speaking or did you have a hair transplant and your crown growth is delayed?

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I did have around 1400 grafts transplanted to my crown. I’m almost 5.5 months post op and I’ve had a good growth in the last month. I just want to know if I still have lots of growth ahead or what I have now is quite close to the final result. I have attached the picture of my crown last month (4.5 months postop) vs now.

I did have 1800 grafts transplanted to the front as well. And I think my front is growing much better. My family members think it is a huge improvement from pre op.

5370D46C-6927-478A-880D-014FBA08E5DC.jpeg

64C138FA-0784-4125-ADF8-806B867A57DF.jpeg

Edited by Daniel A

On 4/15/2023 at 12:33 AM, GoliGoliGoli said:

TBH I think 1400 into a crown of that size will probably give you at best "Thinning" levels of coverage.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I’m personally not expecting great crown coverage. I have lived with an almost bald crown for years. That’s why as long as there’s a substantial difference, then I am happy. I just want to know if I will have considerable improvement in the upcoming months.