2nd hair transplant (Dr. Pekiner, 1524 grafts) (28.2-1.3.23)

So i had my second hair transplant with Dr. Pekiner on last day of february and first march. My first was at Dr. Cinic clinic 3 and half years ago (DHI), but i was not happy with the result (especially hairline). They said they took 2600, but Dr. Pekiner said now he thinks they didnt take that much.

I would like to provide you with pictures from the operation, but i still didnt get them from the clinic :/ will post them as soon as i get since my are not so good quality. I dont know why, i have iphone 14 pro so pictures should look better.

First of all, i didnt get any discount for this review, all i can say is all the positive things on the internet are true. This guy is amazing. I dont know when i meet such a friendly and sympathetic guy in my life. You can check how he talks and his energy on his interview on youtube and you will understand. As i already wrote in some other thread i wish i would have a family doctor like this. So different if i compare to what i experienced at Dr. Cinic clinic where he just quickly draw my hairline in 5 minutes and the technicians did all the other stuff. Here Dr. Pekiner even made some photos himself.
They really take time for everything and you dont have a feeling they want just quickly get over with it. There are people which you afford all the success and money because of their work and Pekiner is one of those. All the experience was good from hotel to food at clinic so dont wanna write much about this. Typical turkey stuff you read in most of reviews and similar experience to first experience at Dr. Cinic clinic here, only that the food was here real food and there only sandwiches. The only minus i can say of this clinic is sometimes they are not very responsive on whatsapp before the operation (maybe only the german guy, dont know). Dr. Pekiner took 1524 grafts in 2 days in 3 sessions all together. Zero pain, except offcourse the injections. Yes its not pleasant, but you will survive. Its only 10-15 min pain, its part of the game unfortunately. I find it much much more painful now that i couldnt do sport 1 month after operation then those 15 min :D One thing that i noticed was different here is aftercare. While first hair wash was at Cinic clinic already there on second day (shampoo third day), here i washed my hair first time with water on third day at home and with shampoo first time at 7th day. And the crusts went 2 days faster away now at second time.

What i would suggest you urgently if you dont flight home directly from ankara back to your country and you fly first to instanbul to change there for international flight to book a flight where you have more then 1 hour time between to change at instanbul aiport. I had a situation where the flight from ankara to istanbul was 30 min later so i had there only around 30 min to change so i needed to run throught all the big aiport in instanbul for around 20 min and was in total stress there and i got my flight in last minutes. In the situation when i arrived at boarding place i could feel my head was red because i was exausted from 15 min running to get the flight and i was sweating. I hope this will not effect my hair growth, since we should avoid sport activity and sweating durring the first month.

I can only give this advice to all who are considering a hair transplant, please dont try to go the cheapest way, save your money rather for a year or two. Yes, you can have luck and get a solid result with the technicians team somewhere, but you are risking. I regret i didnt choose already first time Pekiner and got a poor hairline because i was watching too much on not pay too much. Today i would go to a doctor who does it all himself, but i am in a solid position to afford this now and i also get people who dont wanna pay too much. So at the end everybody needs to decide which risks he wanna take. And as dr. Pekiner said to me, instagram pictures are useless, dont believe the pics there. You can make every hair transplant look good there.

I have a feeling this will be really great densed result, i hope i am not wrong. Looking forward at then results in around 9 months. First operation i was far away from end result on 6 month mark, i hope this time it goes a little faster.

pictures are 8 days after the operation.. donor area is looking impressive after 1 month, almost no touched as you will see in second post. nobody at work noticed i had a hair transplant, all thought i just shaved my hair. if you think the hairline is to low on the light side something, this is from old hair transplant...dr. pekiner said its better to just pull those hair out later regulary or buzz them, since he could not guarantee removing them would not leave scars.

IMG_0607.JPEG

IMG_0608.JPEG

IMG_0611.JPEG

IMG_0612.JPEG

Edited by vanilia

3 minutes ago, receedinglegend said:

Looks great so far, do you have pictures before?

the clinic made them yes, so i will post when they send. some of my 2 months before are in this thread: 

Edited by vanilia

Anyone else find it strange/unprofessional for Pekiner to have no functional website, and no before/after gallery of patients? That is like the bare minimum for any surgeon to have. 

4 hours ago, Berik said:

Anyone else find it strange/unprofessional for Pekiner to have no functional website, and no before/after gallery of patients? That is like the bare minimum for any surgeon to have. 

True it is odd. He doesn't need it however, his patients are posting testimonies of his exceptional work everywhere online to see

Also OP that's so funny - I had my first transplant with Dr Cinik then my second recently with Dr Pekiner. I think we're in for some serious hair growth amigo 

4 hours ago, Berik said:

We can't have it all ways. Other threads have been talking about how even elite doctors 'hide their failures' and only show their best results on their website/socials.

If Pekiner has enough work not to advertise and knows his results are good and will therefore be shared by patients, surely that'll give the best patient outcomes and should be applauded?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

is it normal to loose hairs from the first operation durring the shock loss phase after the second hair transplant? it seems this happend to me. i am now 2 months and 20 days since second op… so the worst phase… looking terrible

F3389574-5CFC-43CF-A836-C0B332F6418B.jpeg

26D8B44C-82ED-4FF2-B5DD-97C46372F086.jpeg

52 minutes ago, vanilia said:

is it normal to loose hairs from the first operation durring the shock loss phase after the second hair transplant? it seems this happend to me. i am now 2 months and 20 days since second op… so the worst phase… looking terrible

F3389574-5CFC-43CF-A836-C0B332F6418B.jpeg

26D8B44C-82ED-4FF2-B5DD-97C46372F086.jpeg

Yes shock loss affects your hair every where around the sites of trauma. Even your donor which is usually DHT resistant will be affected. Its usually temporary unless you had potential to have collateral damage (not always the case but a worst possibility) and that would be when it is a concern. But in time you will see it come back so dont bother too much early not much you can change so let time do its thing.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 5:49 AM, Berik said:

I was hesitant at first but I trust these testimonials and the redditors . Also, come to think of it, if he had a proper website, that would make the waiting time extremely longer for all of us. LOL. Happy to have booked myself for September this year. 

Edited by Norsegod22
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RTC said:

@Norsegod22, when did you book and how long did it take to get back to you?

I booked just a week ago but I’m a very minor case I believe. I only need a hairline reconstruction.  Been on meds for more than a year. I was offered either September (last remaining slot) or early next year so I grabbed the chance right away. 

Edited by Norsegod22

1 minute ago, Norsegod22 said:

I booked just a week ago but I’m a very minor case I believe. I only need a hairline reconstruction.  Been on meds for more than a year. I was offered either September (last remaining slot) or early next year so I grabbed the chance right away. 

How long ago did you first contact them bro?

On 6/10/2023 at 6:10 PM, RTC said:

Did you choose for next year or is that just his waiting list?

His waiting list is that long now. 🥲

Works for me since I need to save for it and figure out how I’m going to structure my work schedule around this.

• 2 weeks later...

4 months are here...really happy so far...  so happy i went to Pekiner for retouch... i think in 3-4 months i will say Pekiner i love you :D

i am really sorry i cant deliver you pre and post op pictures, but they didnt send me anything still, i asked 4 times :/
i was at hairdresser a week ago and without knowing he said you have been at really good hair doctor right? because it is so different compare to what i see with other people who come here and had an operation.

b369f0f4-8f8e-436b-b1f0-dbfe2a4b88ce.jpg

5207484b-2c96-4333-a8f0-d9c89bef82ae.jpg

e1a4b720-e609-4811-9832-18e26450ea47.jpg

Edited by vanilia
  • Like 3
  • Wow 2