Looking for HT advice, 25m, on medication 12 months.

Hi! I am looking for advice about ht

I am 25m, and have been on oral dut and oral min daily for the last 12 months. At least visually i don't see further hairloss progress, but still 50-100 hair while showering. After all, I am pleased with progress, and want to start looking for HT to repair my hairline. 

I am considering Hattingen clinic, especially their FUT procedure, I am thinking It will give me more grafts if my hairloss progress in the next years. 

I am probably NW2 now, with thinned hair all over the top. 

Probably going in NW6 if there is no medication. 

On picture with pulled hair back, i draw a line where I want to improve density with HT. How many grafts will be needed?

1680287564024.jpg

1680287564016.jpg

1680287564007.jpg

1680287564033.jpg

1680287563998.jpg

• Administrators

Honestly, I don’t see a benefit in getting surgery at this stage. Your hair looks great and it looks like the meds are working. Keep at it 👍🏼 maybe reconsider in a few years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Are you perchance British? Do you have photos of your original hairline? Do you have photos of the worst your hair got before meds?

No I am not British, I am from Balkan. I have this picture, it's cca 10 months old. 

Screenshot_2.png.9e8b69ab447b7bc3dee91c7a12fd437d.png

It might just be the angle, but it does look like the meds have made a big difference.

Transplants are really a last resort. Are you really that dissatisfied with your hairline as it is? Most people here would be happy with it, but you may feel differently,

17 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

It might just be the angle, but it does look like the meds have made a big difference.

Transplants are really a last resort. Are you really that dissatisfied with your hairline as it is? Most people here would be happy with it, but you may feel differently,

Maybe, but i really want to do It. I want hairline conservative as possible but fuller then now. At this stage I don't like It at all.  I want to grow my hair longer and push it back, but with this hairline it's impossible.

4 minutes ago, Danzig323 said:

Maybe, but i really want to do It. I want hairline conservative as possible but fuller then now. At this stage I don't like It at all.  I want to grow my hair longer and push it back, but with this hairline it's impossible.

With the amount of hair you have you should be able to do that. No HT is able to restore the density back to what it was but if you let it grow longer from both sides it should give you a considerable amount of layering density to make it look like you dont have any loss. 

You may want to push it back but honestly it looks just fine from the pics you showed. It is still your call howeaver but always remember that surgery is usually the last resort for any patient.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
11 hours ago, Danzig323 said:

No I am not British, I am from Balkan. I have this picture, it's cca 10 months old. 

Screenshot_2.png.9e8b69ab447b7bc3dee91c7a12fd437d.png

No transplant will give you this kind of density, coverage and above all else, naturalness. You have all that plus you respond to meds. Stay on the meds and don't butcher you scalp for zero reason. Many of us here would envy having the hair you have when we were your age. Your hair looks great!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danzig323 said:

Thank you guys for support. At least I want to have consultation with few clinics. I am trying to fill the Hattingen form, but It gives me failed to upload file error, any ideas? 

Screenshot_2.jpg

The images are perhaps too big I had slightly worse hair loss then you nw2 and I ended getting 1900 grafts fue in Belgium you wouldn’t need many 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

The images are perhaps too big I had slightly worse hair loss then you nw2 and I ended getting 1900 grafts fue in Belgium you wouldn’t need many 

I saw your topics, It looks great! .. I am thinking about 1000 grafts for the first procedure. But want clinics that do best hairlines and donor management. I will resize photos for hattingen and send again. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Danzig323 said:

I saw your topics, It looks great! .. I am thinking about 1000 grafts for the first procedure. But want clinics that do best hairlines and donor management. I will resize photos for hattingen and send again. Thank you.

Are you sure you want to go fut? Hattigen also does fue and if you want to get lower haircuts like skin fades fue would be the better option

10 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Are you sure you want to go fut? Hattigen also does fue and if you want to get lower haircuts like skin fades fue would be the better option

If FUT means more grafts in future, then yes, I am open to FUT option, and will grow my hair long. 

5 hours ago, Danzig323 said:

If FUT means more grafts in future, then yes, I am open to FUT option, and will grow my hair long. 

Makes sense I like skin fades so I went with fue and am on finasteride to hopefully prevent me from becoming nw6

• 2 weeks later...

Little update. 

I had online consultation with dr.Sever from Hattingen, he said that is too early to have HT in my case, considering possible future hairloss and decent amount hair at the moment. So I will be in contact with them in the next 1-2 years.

Also BHR gave me possible HT estimation with 1200 grafts to repair hairline.