Dut, how much time?

szakal1222

• Administrators
4 hours ago, szakal1222 said:

How long does it take for dutasteride to leave the body? if i used 2ml in two weeks in topical version?

The dutasteride half life is 5 weeks. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, szakal1222 said:

and how did i use 2 ml in a dose of 0.025? will it go down faster?

It’s probably out of your system by now. One dose isn’t going to stay systemic for long.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s probably out of your system by now. One dose isn’t going to stay systemic for long.

maybe it's funny for you, yesterday I sprayed 1 ml and today I feel bad and depressed, is it even possible? or placebo? I should add that I'm neurotic

Some peoples react more than other, I had too have sides after only one application of duta xyon topical, same that the ones I get with fina

You could look at CosmeRNA instead which is equivalent to finasteride oral but without sides

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) : ASCE+ HRLV AAPE for Hair secretomes + human Umbilical Chord Exosomes

• Administrators
6 hours ago, szakal1222 said:

maybe it's funny for you, yesterday I sprayed 1 ml and today I feel bad and depressed, is it even possible? or placebo? I should add that I'm neurotic

It’s probably nocebo. I highly doubt one spray will give you instant side effects. There’s a threshold. The limited studies we have on topical dutasteride shows it reduces DHT after the first few hours and then your DHT comes back. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly I've read that DUT half life for oral is 5 week....but half life is dose dependent.  I've seen it suggested that topical dut doses may be in the days rather than weeks...see post and study below.

Edited by mcr7777
  • Well Done 1

On 4/3/2023 at 9:31 PM, mcr7777 said:

Interestingly I've read that DUT half life for oral is 5 days....but half life is dose dependent.  I've seen it suggested that topical dut doses may be in the days rather than weeks...see post and study below.

I'm glad you posted this. I've seen this before linked from hairlosscure.

It's quite an interesting topic. It's on my reading list. It would be HIGHLY reassuring (to me at least) if this is indeed true and very lose doses of dut have much shorter half lives. It is the long half life which has always kept me from using dut. I would try it tomorrow if its half life was that of finasterides! 

The other issue which complicates knowing how long topical dut remains in the system is it avoids liver first pass, its downstream metabolic profile could be very different. And some of those metabolites may or may not have longer half lives than others, and may or may not contribute to duts effectiveness and side effect profile.

I really really wish we had more data on topical dut.

Edited by Follicle1984

Perhaps this graph can help you.

With a standard vehicule the ratio seems to be about 1/10 to 1/18 between mg in scalp and in blood so 2ml of 0.025 is 0.5mg / 10 = 0,05mg in blood so you can see it will take 1 month to decrease significally but 3+ months to completly be removed. But this is true if you have been on topical for few weeks before stopping it.

For an unique dose I think it will take 1 month to completly be removed.

Clark 2004.png

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) : ASCE+ HRLV AAPE for Hair secretomes + human Umbilical Chord Exosomes