Top Density Doctors?

More than top density, top coverage would be what you are looking for:

The best doctors achieve the illusion of native density with the minimum number of grafts and maximum naturalness.

I think the best in the world for that purpose are Konior, Munib Ahmad, Feriduni, Couto and Zarev. Those are the ones that come to mind atm to me. 

• Like 1

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

Dr Couto is overrated. He’s still top level, and his YouTube presentation is second to none. But the patients he showcases tend to have a high number of hairs per graft, and often good hair shaft diameter. He gets great results, but you can’t assume you’ll get the same results.

Density is overrated. If you had unlimited donor supply, I bet every doc would shift to a high density approach. But the reason most good docs limit their density is not from a lack of ability, but as a strategic decision.

Anyway this might be the highest density I’ve seen transplanted in one surgery. The patient was only a candidate for this because he didn’t have hair loss, just a big forehead.

• Like 1

• Administrators

There are a lot of doctors that deliver on high density. There have been some great names already mentioned. Two cases with excellent density posted as well. 

I would also consider this case high density, rare occasions where it’s true density.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Dr Couto is overrated. He’s still top level, and his YouTube presentation is second to none. But the patients he showcases tend to have a high number of hairs per graft, and often good hair shaft diameter. He gets great results, but you can’t assume you’ll get the same results.

Density is overrated. If you had unlimited donor supply, I bet every doc would shift to a high density approach. But the reason most good docs limit their density is not from a lack of ability, but as a strategic decision.

Anyway this might be the highest density I’ve seen transplanted in one surgery. The patient was only a candidate for this because he didn’t have hair loss, just a big forehead.

but was also a healthy young male with good scalp condition. even so the doctor in this case made the patient take a mix of drugs to promote blood supply to the competing new hair follicles.

1 hour ago, bear56 said:

but was also a healthy young male with good scalp condition. even so the doctor in this case made the patient take a mix of drugs to promote blood supply to the competing new hair follicles.

The point is it's possible with the right patient. 

I do not believe doctor skill is the limiting factor, at least among top docs. 

8 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

The point is it's possible with the right patient. 

I do not believe doctor skill is the limiting factor, at least among top docs. 

Still is most definitely a factor unless you're only comparing a pool of elite surgeons. With some of them it's not that they 'can't' but more that they're averse to it

On 3/12/2023 at 4:02 AM, JoDimaggio22 said:

Which doctors seem to have high density per sq cm cases often? Is 50+ common for the recommended doctors?

50 grafts/cm2 is not that high. It could be around 65 grafts/cm2

Some doctors do not have the abillity to implant high densities even if the patient is the perfect candidate. So it depends on the doctor you choose, what density you will get.

i have to look which case it was but i saw a case on this site from a prominent doctor that performed a dense ht on a patient that had general good hair quality and good density and good donor.  the final outcome was not all what you would have expected. the graft survival rate of the new follicles was less than 80%. even though the end result is still satisfactory, 20% of precious follicles were wasted. i don't think any doctor can predict with certainty what the outcome will be  good or great doc. its still a risk for the doctor and the patient but more so for the patient. 

Thiago Bianco can plant over 100/cm2 according to him.  I’ve seen a case of Konior do the same (the patient complained about the result being very unnaturaly dense).  My HT was between 75 and 81 fu/cm2 (counted at multiple spots).

I would not trust just any surgeon to do this.  Too high a density done badly can = loss of grafts or even necrosis at the worst case.

And the vast majority of people will never need nor should they be recommended anything above 65 imo.

Edited by Fue3361
  • Like 1

Check out my journey here:

4 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Thiago Bianco can plant over 100/cm2 according to him.  I’ve seen a case of Konior do the same (the patient complained about the result being very unnaturaly dense).  My HT was between 75 and 81 fu/cm2 (counted at multiple spots).

I would not trust just any surgeon to do this.  Too high a density done badly can = loss of grafts or even necrosis at the worst case.

And the vast majority of people will never need nor should they be recommended anything above 65 imo.

Oh no I agree I do not want that high…due to future balding. But I also don’t like cases that you can see the scalp. To me 50-65 is a good sweet spot so was curious which docs on this forum are even in that range! Dr Bianco will be who I go to last when I am done with Hts thoguh! Very solid work