Significant Decrease in Serum DHT with Low Dose of Xyon Finasteride Product

yesplease

About two months ago, I started using the Xyon's topical finasteride product. I had previously experienced significant side effects from PO finasteride, which I had attempted to take years ago. Since that time my hairloss has progressed, and thus I was pretty hopeful that the topical route paired with Xyon's novel delivery formula would substantially reduce the likelihood that I would experience any issues.

Because my body had reacted so poorly to PO fin previously, I decided to ease into using the Xyon product as well. I first obtained baseline testosterone, prolactin and DHT levels. I then began using the product only one time per week. After 5 weeks (five total applications), I obtained a repeat set of lab studies. Unfortunately my serum DHT had decreased substantially.

In terms of side effects, I did notice some mild testicular aching, but this was less pronounced than it was with the oral medication. No other significant side effects noted during the last 5 weeks, but regardless I don't feel as though I can continue with this medication, as the hope was always that it would drastically reduce systemic absorption. Clearly this was not the case with my physiology, unfortunately. 

Baseline values: T 555 ng/dL, Free T 14.7 pf/dL, Prolactin 4.9 ng/dL, DHT 45 ng/dL

Follow up results: T 529 ng/dL, Free T 9.8 pf/dL, Prolactin 6.2 ng/dL, DHT 13 ng/dL

So my serum DHT reduction with once weekly application of the Xyon fin product was roughly 71%.

(DHT normal reference range for my lab was 30-85)

I wish I had done the pre and post lab studies when I trialed oral fin as well. I can only imagine how low my DHT must've been at that time. 

At any rate, just wanted to share my results with the community so that others have more information to make their own decisions. I will now stop using the xyon fin and let the medication "wash out" from my system, and then recheck my DHT in a few weeks. I suppose I could consider trying topical dutasteride as well, given that it is supposedly less readily absorbed systemically, but I will have to give that some thought. I deliberated greatly over even trying the topical fin, so this is pretty disappointing. 

• Like 2

I'm sorry to hear that it did not work out in your favor. The blood test results don't seem all that surprising for fin I believe even Xyons very limited and vague studies showed steady decrease in serum DHT from people using their finasteride product. I think you should have chosen the topical dutasteride given that supposedly due to its heavy molecular weight it does not go systemic to such an extent compared to topical fin but again very limited data on this. I wouldn't call this a complete failure given the fact that taking the pills gave you severe side effects vs the topical application which is what most people are indeed looking to get out of it.

• Administrators

Xyons Topical Finasteride reduced serum DHT by 36% on average. But looks like it reduced it by a lot more for you. I would consider their Topical Dutasteride. Their studies were promising. Out of 10 participants the highest percentage was 48% with 3 participants actually going up in DHT. I have been taking it for one month and have zero sides. I didn’t get any sides from their fin, but I only used it 3x per week. To me, dutasteride makes more sense topically, given its molecular weight. 

08E069DC-121A-4969-9970-43A77EAFF9BB.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, yesplease said:

About two months ago, I started using the Xyon's topical finasteride product. I had previously experienced significant side effects from PO finasteride, which I had attempted to take years ago. Since that time my hairloss has progressed, and thus I was pretty hopeful that the topical route paired with Xyon's novel delivery formula would substantially reduce the likelihood that I would experience any issues.

Because my body had reacted so poorly to PO fin previously, I decided to ease into using the Xyon product as well. I first obtained baseline testosterone, prolactin and DHT levels. I then began using the product only one time per week. After 5 weeks (five total applications), I obtained a repeat set of lab studies. Unfortunately my serum DHT had decreased substantially.

In terms of side effects, I did notice some mild testicular aching, but this was less pronounced than it was with the oral medication. No other significant side effects noted during the last 5 weeks, but regardless I don't feel as though I can continue with this medication, as the hope was always that it would drastically reduce systemic absorption. Clearly this was not the case with my physiology, unfortunately. 

Baseline values: T 555 ng/dL, Free T 14.7 pf/dL, Prolactin 4.9 ng/dL, DHT 45 ng/dL

Follow up results: T 529 ng/dL, Free T 9.8 pf/dL, Prolactin 6.2 ng/dL, DHT 13 ng/dL

So my serum DHT reduction with once weekly application of the Xyon fin product was roughly 71%.

I wish I had done the pre and post lab studies when I trialed oral fin as well. I can only imagine how low my DHT must've been at that time. 

At any rate, just wanted to share my results with the community so that others have more information to make their own decisions. I will now stop using the xyon fin and let the medication "wash out" from my system, and then recheck my DHT in a few weeks. I suppose I could consider trying topical dutasteride as well, given that it is supposedly less readily absorbed systemically, but I will have to give that some thought. I deliberated greatly over even trying the topical fin, so this is pretty disappointing. 

Woah that’s a massive drop. Kudos to you for tracking the labs. Make sure you track Estradiol Sensitive (E2) as well so you can see what’s happening with your Estrogen. The drop in DHT (block by 5AR) in some men will then over aromatize into more Estrogen. Prolactin is important but I think the most critical labs to track are Total T, Free T, Bioavailable T, DHT, and Estradiol Sensitive. Sensitive is the proper assay because it gives much more accurate values for men specifically. 

I agree give the topical Dut a try since the drug alone based on a higher molecular weight has less of a chance getting into your system. I think that you should share these results w Xyon though because clearly the Finasteride went systemic quickly and I’m sure they can always continue to tweak the Siloxsys (sp?) system or understand what happened with you to have this occur. 70% correlates w the typical serum reduction you see with oral Fin, so it was certainly getting into your system despite the gel carrier solution. Were you using anything else on your scalp?

“Research has shown that finasteride reduces prostatic DHT levels by upwards of 90% and serum DHT levels by 70%. However, increasing the dose does not necessarily result in greater serum reduction. Dutasteride, in comparison, inhibits all three 5-alpha-reductase isoenzymes leading to a 99% reduction in serum DHT levels.”

Edited by sunsurfhair
  • Like 1

You cannot get valid result with only one blood test a day, you must do 3-5 a day (as Xyon made) to get an average wich is impossible for us - only lab can do valid blood test to measure DHT, testo and other ...

Your result is not representative of the reality.

DHT & testo varies a lot along a day !

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

10 hours ago, arthurSam said:

You cannot get valid result with only one blood test a day, you must do 3-5 a day (as Xyon made) to get an average wich is impossible for us - only lab can do valid blood test to measure DHT, testo and other ...

Your result is not representative of the reality.

DHT & testo varies a lot along a day !

Not a 70% drop like that my friend. Plus, look at his T and PRL levels - essentially unaltered, but his DHT got annihilated. The 70% equates to the oral serum reduction of Finasteride. I do agree multiple tests are important for clinical studies, and we need to know how bad his side effects were/are, but it’s pretty obvious his DHT took a big hit. There’s lots of evidence of topical Fin going systemic and/or causing side effects. 

• Like 1

Sure topical fina goes systemic I have a lot of troubles with 0.025% 3x /week after 4months (penil hurt and prostatis symptoms)

You could try CosmeRNA wich will be available at April. It kill the AR in the folicules by genetic modification and do not decrease DHT. Even women can use it. Only need 1x /week.

Edited by arthurSam

ASCE+ HRLV

• Valued Contributor
26 minutes ago, arthurSam said:

Sure topical fina goes systemic I have a lot of troubles with 0.025% 3x /week after 4months (penil hurt and prostatis symptoms)

You could try CosmeRNA wich will be available at April. It kill the AR in the folicules by genetic modification and do not decrease DHT. Even women can use it. Only need 1x /week.

Have you been watching Kevin Mann?

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Have you been watching Kevin Mann?

Hello no I don't know this man ... Who is it ?

ASCE+ HRLV

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 6:31 PM, yesplease said:

Your experience  basically shows that xyon's whole claim that the gel system keeps the drug in the scalp and minimizes systemic absorption is pure bs. 

Thank you for giving us an honest review of the product.

I would be skeptical about trying xyon dutasteride next. I do not trust any study that comes directly from  the manufacturer who is a hair transplant clinic. That is the literal definition of a study bias.  The naysayers will then say that the topical dut wont go systemic because of its size. Thats just in theory.

I think with the limited data from forum member use it looks like xyon dut, or any topical dut is best for those who have no sides from topical or oral fin. I dont think it would be a wise choice for those who had sides from oral  or topical fin. 

It would be great to get more real reviews from real forum members  who had fin sides in the past(not moderators who have affiliation with the company)about the side effect profile with this.

I am surprised that theres not much information on xyon dut use on reddit where users try almost anything.