Dr Michalis Georgiou in Cyprus?

FITA

• Administrators
On 10/19/2023 at 3:06 PM, BackFromTheBrink said:

I'm 3 months post surgery and was very impressed with his approach and work.

While still early days for me, recovery was extremely quick and I have a fair amount of early growth.

Do you have a thread? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Interesting thread. Never heard of this Dr before but his works looks very good from what I can find. His old Instagram account suggests he had some involvement in a clinic in Barcelona too.

Would be great to see more real time threads on here.

He used to be a director at a clinic in Cyprus then set up on his own. He occasionally flies his entire team out to Barcelona and operates out of there, but his main clinic is in Cyprus.

I think he’s a solid surgeon who offers a fairly unique approach (manual punch and partial shave).

12 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Do you have a thread? 

I don’t. I keep promising I’ll post one, but my case is relatively unspectacular as it’s basically a procedure for density so it wouldn’t be the most exciting! Even the placement pictures are uninspiring since my existing hair largely covers them up.

I posted this on another thread but I do think it’s made a good early difference. I’m happy with the hairline, and am now waiting on my crown to grow in.

before 2nd surgery 

IMG_0036.thumb.jpeg.bf155bfac1b2b14de7cd71bdb5526b0d.jpeg

3 months after:IMG_0035.thumb.jpeg.12b2eadc2bc3452e97ddd3a1fe87fcea.jpeg

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I don’t. I keep promising I’ll post one, but my case is relatively unspectacular as it’s basically a procedure for density so it wouldn’t be the most exciting! Even the placement pictures are uninspiring since my existing hair largely covers them up.

I posted this on another thread but I do think it’s made a good early difference. I’m happy with the hairline, and am now waiting on my crown to grow in.

before 2nd surgery 

You should create one, these reviews are invaluable to guys researching this doc. Looks like good works 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 11/7/2023 at 9:15 PM, BackFromTheBrink said:

Yes, it was really easy. It's a relatively small airport so collection is simple. The hotel is very comfortable (and includes breakfast) and the drivers to/from the airport, hotel and clinic were great. 

There's a Cypriot Uber eats equivalent so I used that for meals.

Everyone speaks English so there's no problem there.

Take a good book/iPad and you'll be just fine.

I had a 2 day procedure and stayed a couple of extra days before flying back.

Just saw this reply thanks very much for confirming that. I’ll be travelling home ASAP did you have much swelling etc? One thing they haven’t talked about is washing etc the following day? Do they give you any pillow for plane or after care products etc? Thanks. 

is there much to see around the hotel or is it remote? 

8 minutes ago, Ollie Goodwin said:

Just saw this reply thanks very much for confirming that. I’ll be travelling home ASAP did you have much swelling etc? One thing they haven’t talked about is washing etc the following day? Do they give you any pillow for plane or after care products etc? Thanks. 

is there much to see around the hotel or is it remote? 

I had a little swelling but nothing unsightly. You'll be given an antibiotic cream to mix up (with aloe vera) to apply to the donor area, bandages if you need them and shampoo to use for the few couple of weeks (starting day 4 I think).

The hotel is about a 20min walk into the city centre. There are restaurants within a stones throw though. 

The challenge is the heat - you want to keep your head out of the sun.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Ollie Goodwin said:

Hey any ideas why it was removed? That’s unfortunate can you message me privately? 

We don’t allow external links. Yes, please send a private message. That said, the Spanish forum is called recuperarelpelo. You can google it. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 2 months later...
On 11/8/2023 at 5:55 PM, BackFromTheBrink said:

before 2nd surgery 

Hey again. So I’m going in March to MHRC can you advise me tho that does UK phone network usable in Cyprus? Or would I need to buy an additional sim to use network/call etc? Thanks 

4 hours ago, Ollie Goodwin said:

Hey again. So I’m going in March to MHRC can you advise me tho that does UK phone network usable in Cyprus? Or would I need to buy an additional sim to use network/call etc? Thanks 

It's usable using roaming.  It'll depend on your provider as to whether that's included in your regular tariff. There will be Sims you can buy in the airport if not.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 5:55 PM, BackFromTheBrink said:

before 2nd surgery 

7 and a half months post. 

IMG_20240304_131636.thumb.jpg.55a8527eedfc4cf26da99c7a32bbab4d.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Hairwolf said:

Looking good here. Natural and dense and seems to have shaved a few years off!

Thank you 😌. The second surgery has been the icing on the cake really and has increased density and make it look more natural in more situations/lighting.

I've heard others say you really need to style your hair to get the illusion of density, and that's been minimised. Heres after a bad night's sleep and (obviously no styling whatsoever)

IMG_20240305_115414.thumb.jpg.3105e3c45e116b358000a32e9bb4bcec.jpg

That said, I think the first one was what really took the years off 🙂

IMG_0128.jpeg.539745f61fecb7ac4446666d5ea00087.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

1 hour ago, Kamran10 said:

Has this dr performed a lot of surgery on high Norwood cases 6 and 7 ? 

I'm not sure, you could ask him? He uses a manual punch and doesn't shave the recipient area, so his maximum number of grafts per day is about 2000.

On 3/5/2024 at 10:52 AM, BackFromTheBrink said:

7 and a half months post. 

IMG_20240304_131636.thumb.jpg.55a8527eedfc4cf26da99c7a32bbab4d.jpg

Looks really good! How was the postop experience? Redness? Scabs?

Planning to go there because of the non-shave option (much easier to go back to work again)

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, the said:

Looks really good! How was the postop experience? Redness? Scabs?

Planning to go there because of the non-shave option (much easier to go back to work again)

It was brilliant. After about 10 days there were no real visible signs of surgery, except the perculiar haircut.

This was 10 days post hairline and 9 days post crown.

IMG_20230722_175047.thumb.jpg.cde3a13cebae5dffa09641a64674bdb9.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

It was brilliant. After about 10 days there were no real visible signs of surgery, except the perculiar haircut.

What was strange (and great) was that I regained all sensation on my head within a fortnight and the redness only lasted probably 7 or 8 days.  I think all the scabs had gone by about a week too.

29 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Wow, cant see anything except from the shaved sides! I guess if you fix a good short haircut before, after 4 weeks it would be impossible to see anything?

Unshaven with this result (and others I´ve seen) for this price seems like a steal! I´ve always refused to do a HT due to I cant go to work shaved and with redness all over my head.

Your before and after pictures looks really great, congrats! Looks so much younger

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, the said:

Wow, cant see anything except from the shaved sides! I guess if you fix a good short haircut before, after 4 weeks it would be impossible to see anything?

Unshaven with this result (and others I´ve seen) for this price seems like a steal! I´ve always refused to do a HT due to I cant go to work shaved and with redness all over my head.

Your before and after pictures looks really great, congrats! Looks so much younger

I think it depends on the size of the surgery. I had a little shock loss on the donor area, but I suspect many wouldn't notice.

I agree though - if you cut your hair short (with scissors) with clippered sides beforehand, noone would notice after a month.

Posted (edited)

Here is growth after 6 weeks. You can see the implanted grants have shed in the hairline so it's looking thin, but the donor is looking relatively normal.

IMG_20230818_1759192.thumb.jpg.4e408e9e1c7929b9d24e9c8e5da938c9.jpg

Makes a good comparison to today, with wet hair, after the 750 hairline grafts have grown back.

IMG_20240313_082806.thumb.jpg.9e25c8b33fc5aaa01361ae8fea01f6a9.jpg

20 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Here is growth after 6 weeks. You can see the implanted grants have shed in the hairline so it's looking thin, but the donor is looking relatively normal.

IMG_20230818_1759192.thumb.jpg.4e408e9e1c7929b9d24e9c8e5da938c9.jpg

Makes a good comparison to today, with wet hair, after the 750 hairline grafts have grown back.

IMG_20240313_082806.thumb.jpg.9e25c8b33fc5aaa01361ae8fea01f6a9.jpg

Your before and after pic are really impressive! Do you have any post-op pics for the first day? It seems like his patient doesnt experince much redness compared to others.

I´ve contacted Michalis and we found a spot during the spring so I´ve just booked it. Can I send a pm to you?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the said:

Your before and after pic are really impressive! Do you have any post-op pics for the first day? It seems like his patient doesnt experince much redness compared to others.

I´ve contacted Michalis and we found a spot during the spring so I´ve just booked it. Can I send a pm to you?

Thank you 😊

Sure, feel free to drop me a message.

This was the day after my surgery.

IMG_20230714_224033.thumb.jpg.d8e539d2700d87e1ed9ab0225bdbff7f.jpg

• Like 1