Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong in Thailand, NW6, 5472 grafts FUT+FUE combo, MtF Transgender

hairlines

Good morning! It’s is the morning after an epic long day of surgery and I’m starting this thread to document my notes. I’ll keep adding bits to it as time goes on, let me know if there anything in particular you’d like to know.

First of all though, thank you for all the help with me questions and getting me here!

Edited by hairlines
  • Like 1

• hairlines changed the title to Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong in Thailand, NW6, 5472 grafts FUT+FUE combo, MtF Transgender

The Plan

We had discussed a bit on email and video call the expected plan before I arrived in Bangkok and it stayed more or less the same once meeting in person. I think all the research done prior gave me a good idea of what I was asking for and why, along with recommendations from the Dr.

I have a lot of area to cover, something that is made worse by aiming for a feminine hairline which needs to cover areas that a 40 year old male hairline would normally leave clear for a natural look. I want to wear my hair longer though which should help and don’t mind a scar so wanted to include FUT in the process to try and make the best use of the donor area. The FUT + FUE combo seemed like a good route based on Dr’s recommendations.

Our plan was to aim for 5,000 plus grafts, and start filling from the front back. I did not except to fill the crown in this session so am expecting to be back in a year or so to address that and touch up any of the current surgery. We exceeded the graft goal which is great. I have seen the breakdown on the board which looks good but will wait for their official photos to post that.

I flew in on the 25th Feb, had consultation and finalised the plan on the 26th, and had surgery yesterday on the 27th. I’m here for 5 more days to get daily post op care and one set of stitches removed before I fly home.

Here are some before pics to show the scope of what we’re deal with! As you can see, this has the potential to be a fairly life changing part of my gender transition so I really hope it goes well!!

02B473B2-2EFD-4736-A561-DEFE1F3108D3.jpeg

17C82195-A8A1-4236-8DFA-CA611634C2DE.jpeg

4737F44E-AF84-4717-ABFD-4E76AFC2A441.jpeg

• Like 1

And here is a bonus pic immediately after the operation. Note that it wasn’t strictly necessary to shave my whole head but some needed doing and it was going to look weird so I told them to go for it to make things easier. I had been growing it out for a while just to see what it might look like in the future.

20230227_232654.jpg

Edited by hairlines
  • Like 2

• Valued Contributor
10 hours ago, hairlines said:

And here is a bonus pic immediately after the operation. Note that it wasn’t strictly necessary to shave my whole head but some needed doing and it was going to look weird so I told them to go for it to make things easier. I had been growing it out for a while just to see what it might look like in the future.

20230227_232654.jpg

Best of luck ..evn am booked with dr laorwong ....excited to follow your journey ...if you can thn please share your immediate post of pics so evry1 cn see the implantation pattern and density ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Day 1 Photos

Here are some pictures from the day after surgery at the first clean and dressing change at the clinic. We also did the the LLLT treatment, and I forgot the mention that PRP was included as part of the surgery.

Note these are not the official pics, just a few grabbed with my phone? Keen to hear your thoughts, but it’s looking good to me!

A336A1BC-EBF1-4BF8-9B59-B0697ACC50CE.jpeg

436392E2-ACA2-4CF6-A154-198E7C4F7436.jpeg

FEE92C61-B71A-4E26-BB37-DE3C7347C1B5.jpeg

56335346-2844-4091-8FA0-8EEEEE6CE63A.jpeg

• Like 3

• Administrators

That post-op graft placement looks exceptional.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 6:55 AM, hairlines said:

Good morning! It’s is the morning after an epic long day of surgery and I’m starting this thread to document my notes. I’ll keep adding bits to it as time goes on, let me know if there anything in particular you’d like to know.

First of all though, thank you for all the help with me questions and getting me here!

Any updates on this? Just booked an FUE+FUT combo procedure myself with Dr. Laorwong. How is the FUT incision healing, are you still in pain?

• 9 months later...
On 2/28/2023 at 4:50 PM, bear56 said:

that work looks very good and clean! 

Indeed it does. I'm thinking of doing a FUT + FUE combo myself with this doctor. I do have one question though. If you plan on having 2 surgeries anyway, would it be best to have just a FUT for your first, followed by FUT + FUE for your second? I read that FUTS get the most grafts but are best before a FUE?