UK-Based recommendations

I'm 24 y/o and have been looking at getting a HT for a year or so now. Initially I looked at the Turkish angle (mainly for the price) but decided that I'd be a fool to let that be the driving factor behind a surgery that's gonna be with me the rest of my life.

The reason I'm writing (and I'm sure this is not a new query) is that the UK clinics are vastly more expensive. I was quoted 3850 pounds for 5500 grafts over two days of surgery by blue magic which I thought at the time to be the most reputable clinic in Turkey but hey ho, I cant find a trustworthy review anywhere and after they started pressuring me to put a deposit down the day after my consultation I decided that these guys are business first and quality last.

The UK clinics and docs (Dr Reddy, Dr Ball) are advertising prices upwards of 7grand for around 2k grafts which is far out of my price range.

Is there any hope of a good. affordable and trusted clinic or am I just gonna have to accept my bald reality?

Thanks!!

• Valued Contributor
5 minutes ago, Nice_Johnson said:

I'm 24 y/o and have been looking at getting a HT for a year or so now. Initially I looked at the Turkish angle (mainly for the price) but decided that I'd be a fool to let that be the driving factor behind a surgery that's gonna be with me the rest of my life.

The reason I'm writing (and I'm sure this is not a new query) is that the UK clinics are vastly more expensive. I was quoted 3850 pounds for 5500 grafts over two days of surgery by blue magic which I thought at the time to be the most reputable clinic in Turkey but hey ho, I cant find a trustworthy review anywhere and after they started pressuring me to put a deposit down the day after my consultation I decided that these guys are business first and quality last.

The UK clinics and docs (Dr Reddy, Dr Ball) are advertising prices upwards of 7grand for around 2k grafts which is far out of my price range.

Is there any hope of a good. affordable and trusted clinic or am I just gonna have to accept my bald reality?

Thanks!!

For affordable clinic which are showing good results are - dr Camacho , dr nader , dr turan , dr yaman , Eugenix(dr das) , dr laorwong.....this all are good doctors with reasonable pricing...

• Like 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, Nice_Johnson said:

Thanks for the response and recommendations. I shall look these doctors up.

I forgot to mention I am UK based and would prefer a UK clinic although not essential.

Finding a doctor who is good and charge a cheaper price would be tough ..actually such a combo is rare and its like finding a needle in a haystack ...so i guess u should open up urself to travel to a different country ...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

8 minutes ago, Archan said:

Finding a doctor who is good and charge a cheaper price would be tough ..actually such a combo is rare and its like finding a needle in a haystack ...so i guess u should open up urself to travel to a different country ...

I live in the UK and I second this. You shouldn't trade your results for convenience, if you want to go down this route you should always do your diligence and chose a clinic that you are able to travel without much fuss, there are loads of them around Europe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nice_Johnson said:

Thanks!!

There are good and more budget options (around 1+ €/graft) in Turkey that you could consider.

These are dr yaman, dr Gur, dr turan and dr demirsoy. By selecting one of these you can get a nice result without risk. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2023 at 11:30 AM, Nice_Johnson said:

Thanks!!

I think there is higher levels of accountability in the U.K. govening bodies etc. see if your current research offers a finance option. Dr Reddy and Dr. Ball are good doctors and no doubt will give you good advice. Have a consultation and see how you feel after. 

Also, for what it's worth... Try to avoid recommendations by salesmen posing as consumer advocates, endorsements, etc. and don't go by media appearances, articles and such. All those are meaningless and speak only to a clinic / surgeon's self-promotion skills, nothing to do with HTs.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UK are clinics are expensive and do not offer good results as compared to competition on the continent. You can either pay the same on the continent and get a much better result, or pay less for the same result. Either way, poor value for money. It will probably take you as long to get to Belgium, Spain, Portugal or Switzerland in the plane as it would in the train to wherever the UK based clinic is. I am yet to see a transplant from the UK that I think is amazing.