Top FUE Hair transplant doctors and wait times & wait lists?

Hi guys,

I have done some quick scanning and research and am seriously considering an FUE transplant. I know Turkey is the cheapest, but am leaning toward Europe, maybe mexico, just more comfortable going to europe to get this done. I am in Canada.   I was seriously looking into Dr. B. Pinto, Dr. R. Freitas, or Bruno Ferreira ..  I emailed Dr. Pinto's office hoping for a consult was hoping the procedure would be able to be at least scheduled 6-8 months out. But I got an email back explaining that no online or in person assessments are being done right now... and that the earliest these assessments would take place are Dec 2023 and that new surgeries are being scheduled March 2024 onward.

Dr. Ferreira's website has online consultations for $100 which would be super convenient even if not free, but is "sold out"... 

Are any top docs still doing online assessments within the month or so?

I know these are among the top docs, and yes that means a longer wait... but not even being able to get an assessment for this whole year is a lot longer than I expect to wait. Also, even after an assessment (assuming all goes well) in December, I guess I would have to take the first surgery date which would still be months out after that possibly mid-2024 at the earliest otherwise wait even longer deep into 2024..

So, my question is are there Solid choices for surgeons you'd recommend with a bit shorter of a wait like (6-8 month wait) without compromising quality altogether? or at least to compare too, to consider if it's worth the wait for Pinto etc?  Maybe surgeons in Mexico?  

I really don't want to rush it, but would love to know if anyone has recommendations with earlier possibly surgery dates if need be, without compromising too much quality.

I really thought the assessments would take place much sooner instead of waiting until Dec 2023-- it would suck to wait that long just to find out these top docs are too expensive or wait another 6-8 months after that for a surgery date in 2024.

Have you looked into Hasson and Wong? They are a top tier clinic in Vancouver. You can submit an online assessment and typically get a response in a few days. 

I originally contacted them in October’22 and got an appointment for Dec’23. I put myself on their cancellation list and was able to move it up to February.

12 hours ago, canman112 said:

Hi guys,

I have done some quick scanning and research and am seriously considering an FUE transplant. I know Turkey is the cheapest, but am leaning toward Europe, maybe mexico, just more comfortable going to europe to get this done. I am in Canada.   I was seriously looking into Dr. B. Pinto, Dr. R. Freitas, or Bruno Ferreira ..  I emailed Dr. Pinto's office hoping for a consult was hoping the procedure would be able to be at least scheduled 6-8 months out. But I got an email back explaining that no online or in person assessments are being done right now... and that the earliest these assessments would take place are Dec 2023 and that new surgeries are being scheduled March 2024 onward.

Dr. Ferreira's website has online consultations for $100 which would be super convenient even if not free, but is "sold out"... 

I know these are among the top docs, and yes that means a longer wait... but not even being able to get an assessment for this whole year is a lot longer than I expect to wait. Also, even after an assessment (assuming all goes well) in December, I guess I would have to take the first surgery date which would still be months out after that possibly mid-2024 at the earliest otherwise wait even longer deep into 2024..

So, my question is are there Solid choices for surgeons you'd recommend with a bit shorter of a wait like (6-8 month wait) without compromising quality altogether? or at least to compare too, to consider if it's worth the wait for Pinto etc?  Maybe surgeons in Mexico?  

I really don't want to rush it, but would love to know if anyone has recommendations with earlier possibly surgery dates if need be, without compromising too much quality.

I really thought the assessments would take place much sooner instead of waiting until Dec 2023-- it would suck to wait that long just to find out these top docs are too expensive or wait another 6-8 months after that for a surgery date in 2024.

Try consulting with Eugenix. They should have dates available in the coming months. Seek reference of other Canadian mates. 

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, canman112 said:

Hi guys,

So you want some1 who is good but a bit cheaper thn h&w?

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

I spoke about this with Dr. Muresanu of Hattingen, who is definitely someone worth considering. So many people want a hair transplant for a specific date, i.e., a wedding, vacation, etc. But their time restraint for one day will effect the rest of their life. It makes absolutely no sense. Now, I'm not saying wait 2-3 years that's absurd, but waiting 6-9 months shouldn't be an issue. The best surgeons have a waitlist, if there is no wait list, then I would be worried. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think Dr Bisanga has a shorter wait list than most given he is one of the very best.

probably because he is dearer than some of the others but if you want not to wait but not give up the quality he is an option if you have the money

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I spoke about this with Dr. Muresanu of Hattingen, who is definitely someone worth considering. So many people want a hair transplant for a specific date, i.e., a wedding, vacation, etc. But their time restraint for one day will effect the rest of their life. It makes absolutely no sense. Now, I'm not saying wait 2-3 years that's absurd, but waiting 6-9 months shouldn't be an issue. The best surgeons have a waitlist, if there is no wait list, then I would be worried. 

My wait for Dr. Rahal was only about three months, and he's generally considered a top HT doctor.  

Thanks for the responses... I will look into these options. 

On 2/24/2023 at 11:01 AM, Archan said:

So you want some1 who is good but a bit cheaper thn h&w?

Yeah, I was hoping for a bit cheaper tbh--especially with FUE and if more grafts are recommended (and am not opposed to a reasonable wait time and expect a wait list).  

would you guys consider Dr. cortez in Tijuana? Don't know about their wait time. The pricing is appealing and would be easier travel wise for me.  Would there be someone maybe slightly more expensive with consistent results but less wait, that isn't as pricy as Bisanga or H & W ?  

• Valued Contributor
24 minutes ago, canman112 said:

Thanks for the responses... I will look into these options. 

Yeah, I was hoping for a bit cheaper tbh--especially with FUE and if more grafts are recommended (and am not opposed to a reasonable wait time and expect a wait list).  

would you guys consider Dr. cortez in Tijuana? Don't know about their wait time. The pricing is appealing and would be easier travel wise for me.  Would there be someone maybe slightly more expensive with consistent results but less wait, that isn't as pricy as Bisanga or H & W ?  

Have heard abt cortez tht he is good bt nvr seen so many results frm him so i can't comment on him...u can consider dr pittela , dr. Pinto , dr ferreira ,eugnix (dr arika bansal)..they are around 3-4 dollar per graft range and producing good consistent results ...and if your budget is around 18000-20000 dollars than dr munib ahmad is a best bet 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Yeah 6-8 is fine.  I'll def look into a consult with Mwamba, but did you pay a VAT on the procedure?   Did you do it after the changes to VAT on hair implants?  It supposed to go down from 21% to 6%(jan 2022 onward).   Was his price still competitive vs Pinto or Freitas with VAT?

• Moderators
On 2/23/2023 at 10:26 PM, canman112 said:

No, I assumed going abroad would still save me $$$$ in getting more FUE grafts.  I'm in Ontario, Vancouver would be easier.  Thanks, will check them out.

I think Dr Rahal is in Ontario. You may want to check him out.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 2/24/2023 at 12:46 PM, rambo man said:

I think Dr Bisanga has a shorter wait list than most given he is one of the very best.

probably because he is dearer than some of the others but if you want not to wait but not give up the quality he is an option if you have the money

But he requires an in person consult

On 2/25/2023 at 4:37 PM, canman112 said:

Yeah 6-8 is fine.  I'll def look into a consult with Mwamba, but did you pay a VAT on the procedure?   Did you do it after the changes to VAT on hair implants?  It supposed to go down from 21% to 6%(jan 2022 onward).   Was his price still competitive vs Pinto or Freitas with VAT?

Is the VAT decrease for surgeries as well? I saw that it was a temporary decrease for electricity

I'm not s

6 hours ago, crazytimess said:

Is the VAT decrease for surgeries as well? I saw that it was a temporary decrease for electricity

I'm not sure tbh, I've seen sources online quoting the decrease in belgium (kmpg or links online) but haven't had a consult or pricing for clinics there to confirm it.

Imo, you should send queries to all the Dr.s from recommended list of surgeons & get to know how much grafts u will need and price , then select clinic within your budget and whose dates are available .

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Mahesh42 said:

Imo, you should send queries to all the Dr.s from recommended list of surgeons & get to know how much grafts u will need and price , then select clinic within your budget and whose dates are available .

This is good advice. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.