Surgery with Dr Konoir

MSHAIRSEEKER

Hi all new to forum scheduled for surgery with Dr Konoir Im having 2000 fue just a little nervous cause I’m a nw5 just wondering if it’s gonna be worth it I’m 65 years old and my father was a nw7 am I just chasing this crazy hair dream any prior patients that could chime in would be helpful 

thanks

Mshairseeker

8 minutes ago, MSHAIRSEEKER said:

Hi all new to forum scheduled for surgery with Dr Konoir Im having 2000 fue just a little nervous cause I’m a nw5 just wondering if it’s gonna be worth it I’m 65 years old and my father was a nw7 am I just chasing this crazy hair dream any prior patients that could chime in would be helpful 

thanks

Mshairseeker

do you have any images you could share? 2000 grafts for a NW5 seems low

• Administrators

At 65 the chances of you becoming a NW7 is slim to none. Hair matters no matter how old you are, you chose one of the best.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

That’s exactly what I thought but I wanted fur and he recommended it for my situation I really don’t want a fit but  he said he could probably get 3000 out of strip so I’m confused on what to do I was hoping to be one and done but I met with Dr Konoir twice he is awesome guy so down to earth and real and I know he can make2000 grafts look more so just looking for some input from you guys that are in my position 

9 minutes ago, MSHAIRSEEKER said:

That’s exactly what I thought but I wanted fur and he recommended it for my situation I really don’t want a fit but  he said he could probably get 3000 out of strip so I’m confused on what to do I was hoping to be one and done but I met with Dr Konoir twice he is awesome guy so down to earth and real and I know he can make2000 grafts look more so just looking for some input from you guys that are in my position 

Take a look at my thread (which has pictures). You are right, grafts go further in the hands of top tier doctors.

With a picture of your current hair and an idea of the proposed hairline, it'd be easier to give a view.

That said, even with elite doctors, I've never seen a Norwood 5a get full coverage with 2000 grafts - it's just too large an area regardless of how optimal the placement is.

Given an average patient, I'd say 5-6k is average, 4k is 'good', 3k 'absolute minimum but probably not full coverage' and 2k for hairline and mid scalp. 

• 2 weeks later...

All depends on your expectations, Konior, will give it to you straight, just facts. If you met with him twice you should already know what he believes your outcome will be based on the number of grafts. With that said Both Konior and Nadimi are both top docs and consistently deliver amazing natural results, they are two of the best in the world so don’t be nervous, be excited!

Edited by Chetman2112
Spelling

Since Dr. Konior bills by the day, a conservative estimate for the most you can get is 2000 with FuE and 3000 with FuT, give or take a few hundred grafts in one session.

When I met with Dr. Konior, I had selected FuE, but several months later I e-mailed him and said to please change to FuT.

The strip simply gives more grafts in 1 session. The downside? You have a scar. But Dr. Konior is the best, and the scar should be minimal compared to other clinics.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 2/28/2023 at 9:51 PM, skyler said:

Since Dr. Konior bills by the day, a conservative estimate for the most you can get is 2000 with FuE and 3000 with FuT, give or take a few hundred grafts in one session.

When I met with Dr. Konior, I had selected FuE, but several months later I e-mailed him and said to please change to FuT.

The strip simply gives more grafts in 1 session. The downside? You have a scar. But Dr. Konior is the best, and the scar should be minimal compared to other clinics.

Are you me? I did the same...

Think he had estimated around 2,000 with FUE. Even with a strip, he still estimated 2,000, but he provided 2,500. Scar is a non-issue, imo.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll chime in regarding FUE vs FUT because it is relevant to his pricing.  Anticipating FUT I chose Konior because his scars are nearly non-existent and unless you have shorter sides, guessing 3 guard or lower (although I have seen even a 3 guard not show his scar), it most likely won't be an issue.  Ultimately, he suggested FUE and who was I to argue? haha   

Worth note, I wear my hair much longer now so in hindsight would be completely fine with FUT. When you have hair again, you can style many different ways and I now wear it longer like I did in high school. 

Also consider he is one of the very best at natural hairlines so your "worse case scenario" IMO is an outstanding hairline and you can fill in the rest later if need be.  No wrong decision and I think you'll really appreciate snagging a Konior hairline before he hangs up his gloves! 

• Valued Contributor

You can go with around 3000 graft for the first session ...and i feel at the age of 65 the chances to be nw7 is very very low...so dont worry ....and you have chosen one of the best doctor in the business ....best of luck ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023