Where do we begin? Keen for a Turkey HT but it's like a needle in a haystack!

I suspect even on this forum, it is infiltrated with reps for these backstreets?

Is there a foolproof way to avoid being scammed?

What are the best research methods to finding the best surgeris?

32 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I would be looking at surgeons recommended by the forum. Look for patients who have a similar hair loss as yourself that have achieved the same goals that you are looking for. What scale of hair loss are you? All the best.

Closest I can see is a Norwood scale 3.... Though I still have a fairly strong front line, the patches seem to be going above the front hairline. I am 38 but in strong light it's very noticable.

From my knowledge, I think pretty much every clinic on this forum is at least not "hairmill" territory.  While obviously there is some conflict of interest, this might be the best place to find sound recommendations.  

• Like 1

Check out my journey here:

@mrk,

i’m a little unclear as to what you are looking for. The subject of this topic makes it sound like you are looking strictly for a surgeon in turkey.  If that’s the case, is there a particular reason why you are limiting your search to one particular region?  In my opinion, the best way to select a quality surgeon is to view a multitude of results posted by patients and clinics and select one based on their proven, consistent ability of producing outstanding results.  Below is what I recommend.

—-

How to Select an outstanding hair transplant surgeon. 

1.  Start by looking at the surgeons recommended by this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended by this community have met a demanding set of standards and are approved based on meeting those high standards.  Many online hair surgeon memberships don’t have any criteria other than to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met an even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst a list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with. Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than because of cost or location.

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum and others to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and their patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. Come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I’ve created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help coming up with a list of good questions, please let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thasnks for th advice all, but yeah price is a factor.

£10/15K in the UK or £3/4k in "Turkey".

It is clear that there are reputable surgeons there yes? This is why I am asking.

Unless you're getting a very small transplant, almost no clinic in turkey is going to be 3k (no reputable one).  If your budget is under 6k for the surgery, you really should reconsider (again, unless you're having a very small procedure).

Dr. Gur for example is pretty budget friendly in Turkey, one of the cheaper ones that is also decent quality.  Pekiner would be my #1 Turkey pick in terms of results, but he's also more expensive (still cheaper than US/UK).

Check out my journey here:

• Valued Contributor
On 2/19/2023 at 6:06 PM, mrk said:

Thanks, in all honesty though what would I be looking at for a medium size transplant?

U cn check out dr nader ,dr Camacho ,eugenix(dr das) , dr turan, dr yaman ,dr Kongkiat laorwong  ...this all are good doctors who are charging reasonable price..bt if u cant afford any of them thn u better save some money for an year or two and thn do it...best of luck...😊

Edited by Archan
Spelling mistake

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 2/18/2023 at 10:03 AM, mrk said:

Thasnks for th advice all, but yeah price is a factor.

£10/15K in the UK or £3/4k in "Turkey".

It is clear that there are reputable surgeons there yes? This is why I am asking.

The Hair Growth Centre on Deansgate (Manchester) will quote you around £2k. A few friends/family had theirs done there and got really good results. I also had one there, but I completely ignored the pre and post op instructions (and also banged my head) and I'd consider my final result to be just decent. I'm going for another one in November.

Hey buddy, This is my first post and I have been considering a hair transplant since 2018, I have twice cancelled appointments in Toronto due to the price and my age as I wanted to wait till I was 40 to get one. Turned 40 last year and have been researching and have made some decisions. My procedure will be in Turkey at one of three clinics, Smile, Vera or a 3rd which I haven't selected yet. These two clinics mentioned have stable and legit social media presences with lots of testimonials. I have had direct WHATSAP convos with both and they were very honest with me, I'm a 6-7 on the Norwood scale, would likely need two procedures and Sapphire FUE was best. I have spoke to 1 person from Vera and they were happy. 

Good luck, check out those clinics and make sure to send pictures of your head over to get an accurate estimate on how much hair you'll need transplanted. An ethical clinic will turn you down if you don't have enough donor hair or will say two procedures are needed. 

There is a hair-transplant subform on reddit that has been helpful as well. Let's stay in touch as our hair journeys continue. 

I am just confused here, someone saying it's £2000 in uk, then someone says don't bother paying UK prices (meaning they are too high), what os going on?

I am under the belief that Turkey is the best value for money?

15 hours ago, mrk said:

£2k though? In the UK?? Are you sure?

Yes, I paid £2k for a hair transplant there just over a year ago, plus £750 for three plasma injections. 

Going for a second operation in November to cover the middle section (and hopefully not cock up the pre and post op instructions this time).

No harm in contacting them for a consultation. I was on Facebook earlier and saw a targeted ad and they are still offering that price.

4 hours ago, mrk said:

Yes btu this £2k goes against everying we all know, you can't get a hair transplant in the uk for £2k! Either you are using a very shady practice or you are spamming?

Not at all, mate.

5 hours ago, mrk said:

Mate you can't get a transplant in the uk fir £2k! You must be trying to scam people.

I was just trying to help you. You can either ignore my suggestion or book a consultation with them.

You have to search for a good hair transplant surgeon worlwide, not for a good turkish (or indian, spaniard, american, etc) surgeon because is cheaper.

There are many good surgeons out there. All of them are expensive, some more than others. Not everything expensive is good, but everything good is expensive.

The best method is to look at their before and after pictures, they have to be taken from the same angles, with the same lighting, hair slicked back, wet and dry and at a high resolution. If the results presented don't meet those presentation standards: run, is a bad clinic, regardless of price and reputation.

Your hair has unlimited value, don't bargain with it.

Edited by NegativeNorwood

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

18 hours ago, mrk said:

Can any mods come on here and accept that this is outlandish!>

"£2000 for a professional hair transplant in the UK" is surely spamming on vulnerabilities?!

You are a mentalist. Good luck.