Dr De Freitas 2525 grafts 1st Feb

jay80

The weak side doesn't seem too bad. I think you are in for a great result. 

I also like how oral min seems to have helped you getting some early gains, makes me confident and provides me further reassurance that it's the right call starting it after my surgery in the upcoming days. 

I also hope to get those thick eyelashes. It's a side effect I would certainly welcome. 

1 minute ago, TheGreatPretender said:

The weak side doesn't seem too bad. I think you are in for a great result. 

I also like how oral min seems to have helped you getting some early gains, makes me confident and provides me further reassurance that it's the right call starting it after my surgery in the upcoming days. 

I also hope to get those thick eyelashes. It's a side effect I would certainly welcome. 

The weak side doesn't really bother me to be honest, I know it's early and will fill in and has filled in a good bit in the last month.

Would defo recommend the oral minoxidil. I considered not taking it as I didn't want to be on any other meds, but really glad I started it and will probably continue long-term 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jay80 said:

The weak side doesn't really bother me to be honest, I know it's early and will fill in and has filled in a good bit in the last month.

Would defo recommend the oral minoxidil. I considered not taking it as I didn't want to be on any other meds, but really glad I started it and will probably continue long-term 

I feel like its becoming more and more comonly prescribed by the doctors for a reason. I was on the same position a few months back but the recent feedback I have been seeing here among other places made me reconsider. 

• 4 weeks later...

5 MONTH UPDATE

Didn't expect to be at this stage at 5 months, but really happy I am. Last 3 weeks or so I've seen crazy improvement in the thickening of the transplanted hair. My right side was lagging and still is, but has made great improvements in the last few weeks. 

In certain lights I still have some thickening to go, but indoors the density looks great. Some of the transplanted hair is still wavy and a bit like public hair but I'm sure it will change . Didn't think I would get any new hairs popping through but my hairdresser said there are still a good few multis that have just popped through or in the early stages of growth. She also said she has never seen a transplant at this stage at 5 months and is really shocked. Was good to hear that.

So good not to worry about a hairline anymore. Can't wait for the final result.

My hair at the back and sides is a number 1. Might go for a full skin fade next time and see how the scars look.

Screenshot_20230709_104013_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230709_092653_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230708_144919_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230708_144943_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230708_144834_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230708_144830_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230708_144822_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230708_144819_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers mate. 

Time will fly for you. Getting the scabs off is a really great time, felt like the start of the process for me and the end of the worst of the initial recover.

Trust the process and let your body do the rest

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@jay80 Excellent growth at 5 months and hairline is looking very natural and soft ....you still have so many months left for more growth and density ....you will be amazed at 12 months post op....happy for you....😊

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Congrats Jay 80!  It looks so good already, hard to believe it’s only 5 months. How much better can it get?

I’m at 2 months now and playing the waiting game……patience right? 🤪

1 hour ago, GAT said:

Congrats Jay 80!  It looks so good already, hard to believe it’s only 5 months. How much better can it get?

I’m at 2 months now and playing the waiting game……patience right? 🤪

Thank you mate. Hopefully get a bit thicker and I think ill be really happy.

Ah the waiting game is the worst. Mine felt like nothing was happening then everything happened at once. Your growth spurt is just around the corner

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

5 months, this change is incredible 

200212DC-11C6-447B-927B-1993F2189C56.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

5 months, this change is incredible 

200212DC-11C6-447B-927B-1993F2189C56.jpeg

Wow. Haven't looked at before and afters side by side like this. That's crazy. Started to think there hadn't been a huge change but seeing this it's like night and day. Thanks for doing this Melvin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Any update?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 MONTH (SORT OF UPDATE)

Sorry folks,

On holiday for August and part of September so won't be a full update until I'm back in the UK in September. One quick pic, trying to recreate similar conditions to previous posts, at a window looking into direct light.

Haven't seen huge changes other than slight thickening of hairs, especially in my right and front/right side that was weaker. Seen friends who saw me immediately after surgery in February and they can't believe how natural it looks and how thick my hair is (thanks oral minoxidil). Two of them are now going for transplants.

This pic was taken yesterday at 6 months and 21 days.

Will do full pics in September.

Screenshot_20230822_183018_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

• Administrators

Looks damn good man 👏🏼

View my thread

4 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

That is a great transformation mate. You must be made up with that!

Thanks mate,

Just need a little more thickness in some of the hairs and I'll be happy. But already chuffed with it at this stage 

• Like 1