In with Dr.Bisanga next week

Neily_77

6 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

I am sure you will have a good result. But the unshaven does look weird now. It is not something you can cover up

Of course i can cover it up but i cant put donor pics on with my hat on mike. Im aware of how it looks and ive got all the time i need till it grows. This wasnt a rate my haircut post. It was to get an idea of my donor

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Neily_77 said:

Day 2 post op with donor pics. Not sure how good its looking but said the wife its very hard to see what and where the extractions have been done. Also this is the shortest it will ever be as i usually have a grade 0.5 to 1 on the sides. She did also say my haircut is awful but hey ho it will grow 🤣 Luckily my hair grows thick and fast so hopefully be a bit more presentable soon when the sides grow back in. Still a bit of numbness behind recipient area. Sensation seems to be back elsewhere. No pain as such and a bit of swelling in my forehead but not to bad. Any thoughts on the donor from any of you guys that have walked this path as this is all new to me. Thanks guys

20230217_094001.jpg

20230217_094120.jpg

20230217_094159.jpg

20230217_094248.jpg

Donor area looks impeccable! Bisanga’s donor management is top tier, looking good man 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Neily_77 said:

Of course i can cover it up but i cant put donor pics on with my hat on mike. Im aware of how it looks and ive got all the time i need till it grows. This wasnt a rate my haircut post. It was to get an idea of my donor

donor looks good. I was referring to the top of the head not the donor. You can't cover that up with your existing hair.

Edited by Mike10
  • Thumbs-down 3
  • Face Palm 1

37 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

donor looks good. I was referring to the top of the head not the donor. You can't cover that up with your existing hair.

Thats what hats are for. Ill wear one until i feel comfortable or shorten if i feel the need

• Administrators

@Mike10

Why the antagonistic approach. Seems like you always have something negative to say on a Bisanga thread. Shaving your head to cover an area void of hair isn’t necessary anyway. It would look weird either way once grafts shed. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@Mike10

Why the antagonistic approach. Seems like you always have something negative to say on a Bisanga thread. Shaving your head to cover an area void of hair isn’t necessary anyway. It would look weird either way once grafts shed. teh HT wi

Edited by Mike10
  • Face Palm 1

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@Mike10

Why the antagonistic approach. Seems like you always have something negative to say on a Bisanga thread. Shaving your head to cover an area void of hair isn’t necessary anyway. It would look weird either way once grafts shed. 

Wether its shaved or not at some point there will be a stage of discomfort. Its 9 times out of 10 gotta get worse before it gets better. I think its just a part of the process like it or not. Well said melvin 👏👏

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

Apologies if I am sounding overly negative. The OP looks very clean with a nice design and as said I am sure this is going to be another good result. You may enlighten me, but is not the point of an unshaven to hide the HTto the public? 

All due respect mike but you have no idea how long i can take out of the public eye or even how long my hair is. The pictures you judge on are where my head has been stuck under a bandana all day and packed down. Take a look at my before pics (re added for you) and how well i hid the recession. My hair length hasnt changed. Yes the fine hairs were shaved in a touch but If i can get away with it great. If i cant its no biggie ill wear a hat until comfortable. What i was asking the question on was the donor area not whether i look daft or not 

Screenshot_20230207-081117_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230207-081055_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230217_171940_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230217_171955_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Neily_77
  • Like 4

Day 9 post op. Donor area is nearly back to the length i usually wear it at and doesnt look like its been touched at all. All donor pain and numbness i had which was very minimal seems to be gone so all good there. As for recipient area this is looking better also as the crusts are mostly if not all gone but still some redness which im sure will improve with time. Still a bit of numbness but been advised by Ian this can last a few weeks sometimes more but will pass. Ian has been fantastic as a patient advisor and been on hand to answer any questions ive had with good advice and fast with response times. Great expreience so far with the BHR team, Ian and Dr. Bisanga so just gotta see out the rest of the process and look forward the end result down the line 😊

20230224_111428.jpg

20230224_111426.jpg

20230224_111431.jpg

20230224_111346.jpg

20230224_111334.jpg

20230224_111358.jpg

Edited by Neily_77
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, rambo man said:

As expected this should be a good result. You had good hair and went to a great doctor

given your age and hair type it is going to be a good result 

I hope so. Just before i left Dr. Bisanga was talking to some guy that walked in and he goes have a look at him as hes had work done by me. I swear you could not tell it looked that natural. Hes top drawer aint he Dr. Bisanga

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

I’ll be following closely as I had nearly identical recession where my right side was higher then my left and around the same number of grafts and unshaven 

When did you have your procedure done and who with if you dont mind me asking. Hows the healing and progress going ?

24 minutes ago, Neily_77 said:

When did you have your procedure done and who with if you dont mind me asking. Hows the healing and progress going ?

I had my procedure with dr mwamba in Brussels in early November 1900 grafts healing has gone great! Identical to yours at that point nearing 3.5 months now 

2 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

I had my procedure with dr mwamba in Brussels in early November 1900 grafts healing has gone great! Identical to yours at that point nearing 3.5 months now 

Another great doctor. 3.5 months in so i guess you are starting to see big changes now. Next 3 months will be great for ya. You glad you had it done