4.5 months with very little growth, should I be worried?

Pretty much as the title says, I am about 4 months and 2 weeks into the hair growth journey and have yet to see any progress and it has me a bit worried on whether its normal or not. Theres not much growth outside of a few hairs and I thought I'd be much more along at this point. Is this normal and I'm being an impatient bitch or should I be concerned with the lack of progress I've had?

• Valued Contributor

Plz post ur pre and post op pics so evry1 can see and understand ur situation ....its early stage to judge a result ...and thr are many slow growers as well and u cn be one of them...keep patience ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Agree with the colleagues. Some photos would help. 

Was your recovery normal and without incident? How long did it take for the scabs to come off? Once they came off, did you observe a nice pattern in the grafts? (That's usually the 'preview' where you see the best possible version of your transplant). Also your age and whether or not you are using minoxidil could affect speed of growth. 

20 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Agree with the colleagues. Some photos would help. 

Was your recovery normal and without incident? How long did it take for the scabs to come off? Once they came off, did you observe a nice pattern in the grafts? (That's usually the 'preview' where you see the best possible version of your transplant). Also your age and whether or not you are using minoxidil could affect speed of growth. 

21 hours ago, Archan said:

Plz post ur pre and post op pics so evry1 can see and understand ur situation ....its early stage to judge a result ...and thr are many slow growers as well and u cn be one of them...keep patience ...

Sorry guys for some reason my phots didnt upload when i posted. So I have 1 picture from immediately post op. Then I have 3 that were 3 days post op and then 3 that were 4 months post op which was 2 weeks ago. I'd say there is a little more vellus hairs since 2 weeks ago but not a lot. This was an 800 graft fue hair transplant. I wanted to add density to my hairline so I only needed a small transplant if I wanted to do that. I'm honestly worried because I did lose a tiny bit of native hair from shock loss so my hairline currently looks slightly worse than before and since there hasnt been much growth its stressing me out a little bit. 

22 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Can you post some pre and post surgery pics so we can get a better idea in giving you advice? 4.5 months is still somewhat early and everyone to a degree varies in post op growth.

immediate.png

left.png

right.png

front.png

front 4.png

left 4 (2).png

right 4.png

So I have 1 picture from immediately post op. Then I have 3 that were 3 days post op and then 3 that were 4 months post op which was 2 weeks ago. I'd say there is a little more vellus hairs since 2 weeks ago but not a lot. This was an 800 graft fue hair transplant. I wanted to add density to my hairline so I only needed a small transplant if I wanted to do that. I'm honestly worried because I did lose a tiny bit of native hair from shock loss so my hairline currently looks slightly worse than before and since there hasnt been much growth its stressing me out a little bit. 

To be honest, you look like a perfect NW1 with no real need for a hair transplant. It's too early to tell at this point, but with 800 grafts, any type of change would be quite minimal and the risks of permanent shock loss far outweigh the 'benefit' of 800 grafts. I'm a bit surprised that your surgeon did not bring that up or discuss it further with you. It's too early to draw any certain conclusions at this point, you'll need to wait until months 6-7 to make a more informed assesment. 

4 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

To be honest, you look like a perfect NW1 with no real need for a hair transplant. It's too early to tell at this point, but with 800 grafts, any type of change would be quite minimal and the risks of permanent shock loss far outweigh the 'benefit' of 800 grafts. I'm a bit surprised that your surgeon did not bring that up or discuss it further with you. It's too early to draw any certain conclusions at this point, you'll need to wait until months 6-7 to make a more informed assesment. 

My surgeon did make me aware of the possibility of shock loss and I came into it knowing of it. He honestly told me I didn't need a transplant but I'm an idiot that deals with a bit of body dysmorphia so I wanted to added density to the slight hair loss that I had. I was on medication so I assumed that if I had shock loss it wouldn't be very bad which seems to be the case. If you had to guess do you believe I'll be able to notice addition of density once I've gone through the next few months? My original reason for this thread was due to the slow growth and that if it was normal to have this minimal of growth around this time mostly due to so many early bloomers I see online. All in all thank you for your input!

6 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

Might be a bit slow to grow however it’s not the end of the world if nothing actually grows ..you didn’t need a HT in my opinion…though each to their own I guess .

Is it normal to have this little of growth at this point post op? I see so many fast growers online which is why it had me even asking on this thread. I will say since 2 weeks from those pics I have seen a few more vellus hairs 

• Valued Contributor

U r lucky As u didnt face too much of shockloss ...its 4.5 months and u will start geting growth frm now on cause mostly evryone start geting growth after 4 months till 14-16 months...and its important tht u dont loose ur existing hair in permanent shock loss...bt as u saying u didnt face such a shock loss ..thn nothng to worry about...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023