Verteporfin Discussion

MrFox

• 2 weeks later...

It is amazing that so little has been tested so far. For this very promising matter.

Someone with no hair loss could be tested very easily. There is no problem with a scar which is small like 1cm2. Or even someone with hair loss who would never consider a transplant would surely attend for a few bucks.

Verteporfin is expensive and certainly difficult to get, but I can't imagine that some people haven't already tested it privately. Or are private reports already available?

Edited by Dieter987

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 12:56 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

hmm i was about purchase some sweet bausch & lomb stocks (there is also bausch health stocks) after i read your reply but then i read this

VISUDYNE is a registered trademark of Cheplapharm Arzneimittel GmbH used under license. 
Bausch + Lomb, Focus on Access and RETISERT are trademarks of Bausch & Lomb Incorporated or its affiliates.
© 2023 Bausch & Lomb Incorporated or its affiliates. VID.0310.USA.21“

https://www.bauschretinarx.com/visudyne/ecp/about/

just for clarity: this mwans b&l have the license and rent it out to cheplapharm? or is the other way around

more concerning however is what you write about the limited supply. thats really concerning. so it could be very well noone else will use this for hairtransplants in 2023..

regarding the prices: how much ml do you think would be necessary to use? in average

maybe interesting for someone:

For instance, in 2018, Cheplapharm Arzneimittel, a pharmaceutical company in Germany, acquired worldwide rights (except U.S) for visudyne (verteporfin injection) from Novartis Pharma AG.

Global Verteporfin Market: Key Players

Key players operating global verteporfin market are Bausch Health Companies Inc., Cheplapharm Arzneimittel, Novartis AG, Novelion Therapeutics Inc., Ciba Corporation and LGM Pharma, LLC.

https://www.medgadget.com/2022/03/verteporfin-market-new-products-and-geographical-expansion-are-key-strategies-for-market-till-2028-bausch-health-companies-inc-cheplapharm-arzneimittel-novartis-ag.html

• 1 month later...

@tatasabaya I wanted to post over here so we don't clog the other Verteporfin thread. In regard to what direction the hair would grow, all of the evidence from the animal testing shows it grows along natural growth patterns. I remember in the first mouse study that they had difficulty telling where the skin was injured, which I would infer means the hair was not growing in any unnatural way. I think using some sort of computer imaging and tracking software is the next step here. It's just too hard to tell with the naked eye if a follicle is growing back in the exact location, with same direction, color, number of hairs, etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrFox said:

@tatasabaya I wanted to post over here so we don't clog the other Verteporfin thread. In regard to what direction the hair would grow, all of the evidence from the animal testing shows it grows along natural growth patterns. I remember in the first mouse study that they had difficulty telling where the skin was injured, which I would infer means the hair was not growing in any unnatural way. I think using some sort of computer imaging and tracking software is the next step here. It's just too hard to tell with the naked eye if a follicle is growing back in the exact location, with same direction, color, number of hairs, etc. 

It sounds so good it seems like science fiction... yet so few people seem to care about it.

I really hope this will work for those of us who went the HT route and regret it. In theory they should be able to make a wound slightly bigger than donor scars and apply Verteporfin there to promote healthy skin growth... even if it doesn't regrow hair in place of old scars for some reason, getting rid of hypopigmentation would be a blessing.

Do you know which concentration they used for animal testing? I know the highest concentration in the human trial was 0.4, and they will work up from there in the next test.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, tatasabaya said:

It sounds so good it seems like science fiction... yet so few people seem to care about it.

I really hope this will work for those of us who went the HT route and regret it. In theory they should be able to make a wound slightly bigger than donor scars and apply Verteporfin there to promote healthy skin growth... even if it doesn't regrow hair in place of old scars for some reason, getting rid of hypopigmentation would be a blessing.

Do you know which concentration they used for animal testing? I know the highest concentration in the human trial was 0.4, and they will work up from there in the next test.

Thanks!

Why wounds need to be bigger ?

• 2 weeks later...

We need a rich guy who has no financial interest. Someone interested in making the world a better place. Someone who could end the suffering of millions of people. Scars and androgenetic alopecia could be improved or even cured. 

I would like to have my arm or leg cut open and have Verteporfin injected. I would even do it with the FAK inhibitor (VS 6063). (Of course only if a medically trained person causes the wound.)

Maybe we should just naively ask some wealthy people. I'm currently a student but after that I would have no problem donating up to $2K each month. 

It's so sad two years known and we have almost nothing tested on humans unbelievable.

On 6/18/2023 at 12:21 PM, Nikoni said:

Why wounds need to be bigger ?

You would need to remove all of the scar tissue. The wounding opens a window in which Verteporfin can change the healing trajectory. Simply injecting Vertporfin into scar tissue would not work. 

1 hour ago, MrFox said:

You would need to remove all of the scar tissue. The wounding opens a window in which Verteporfin can change the healing trajectory. Simply injecting Vertporfin into scar tissue would not work. 

Thanks, I understand the mechanism of recovery and the need for fresh wound, I don't understand why it needs to be bigger.

On 6/29/2023 at 3:40 PM, Nikoni said:

Thanks, I understand the mechanism of recovery and the need for fresh wound, I don't understand why it needs to be bigger.

Because you have to remove all of the scar tissue. If it was the exact same size then you would run the risk of some scar tissue remaining. 

Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. (Mark 11 23)

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

Hi friends, what are your feelings so far ?  Do yo think it will lead to scarless healing ?
Vert definitely does something but I guess it needs trials to finetune the tings.

We just need to wait for Dr. Bloxham's and Dr. Barghouthi's results. Hopefully Dr. Barghouthi can show a one year follow up soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is a study available with Verteporfin on pigs?

I only know the studies of mice and rabbits.  I dont mean the FAK-inhibitor. 

If humans and pigs shows the same results further tests could be performed on pigs.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 6:12 AM, Dieter987 said:

Scars and androgenetic alopecia could be improved or even cured. 

This is something I'm interested in too. I have a scar in my beard that seems to have no recourse outside of traditional scar revisions surgery. But if the damaged areas on mice and pigs both re-grew skin with hair follicles then I'd be first to line up for a trial/study to test it on beard hair too