Yaman Review - 4540 grafts - Jan 2023

stevenbol

On 6/30/2023 at 11:43 AM, stevenbol said:

This is the start of month 6. Super impressed.  At this rate I think I’ll be able to grow my hair long again. Here’s a drastic before and after comparison. 
IMG_3852.thumb.jpeg.62f594c5ef1d86e95dd9c6086891f26e.jpegIMG_3851.thumb.jpeg.6d0ba42e196a14e4ce0b5448b4d94c6c.jpegIMG_3850.thumb.jpeg.54529694d79dd66a3f875d8f2dd6162b.jpegIMG_3846.thumb.jpeg.2166f9561b894f7b65d943f192856bab.jpegIMG_3847.thumb.jpeg.80b139f39fa03d5dd3b83264cdc363df.jpeg

Hi, I’m trying to finalize travel plans for a Ht with Dr Yaman and was hoping to pick your brain since you traveled alone. Right now more than the surgery my main hang up is the travel and post op. I’m most likely going to fly alone. Do you recommend that? I was thinking a Friday surgery and maybe fly back home to the states on Sunday. Do you recommend staying back a few more days? Is the consult with Dr Yaman the day of the surgery or the day before?

40 minutes ago, Wolverine98 said:

Hi, I’m trying to finalize travel plans for a Ht with Dr Yaman and was hoping to pick your brain since you traveled alone. Right now more than the surgery my main hang up is the travel and post op. I’m most likely going to fly alone. Do you recommend that? I was thinking a Friday surgery and maybe fly back home to the states on Sunday. Do you recommend staying back a few more days? Is the consult with Dr Yaman the day of the surgery or the day before?

I would recommend following their recommendation of staying one day after the operation for the first wash and instructions on how to care for the transplant. Then fly out the day after that. Flying on a plane is ideal condition to let your hair transplant settle in. 

The consultation was the morning of the operation for me. My surgery was on a Monday and I flew back Wednesday morning. 

6 minutes ago, stevenbol said:

I would recommend following their recommendation of staying one day after the operation for the first wash and instructions on how to care for the transplant. Then fly out the day after that. Flying on a plane is ideal condition to let your hair transplant settle in. 

The consultation was the morning of the operation for me. My surgery was on a Monday and I flew back Wednesday morning. 

We’re you pretty much stuck in the hotel after the surgery or able to go out? Seems like hotel is not real close to a lot of the tourist attractions. Is there things to do nearby or pretty much knocked out after surgery?

oh and did they give you anything to help with pain? I’m wondering if I should have my Dr here prescribe some Xanax or something for surgery day? I heard some drs will prescribe that to make less anxious.

13 hours ago, Wolverine98 said:

We’re you pretty much stuck in the hotel after the surgery or able to go out? Seems like hotel is not real close to a lot of the tourist attractions. Is there things to do nearby or pretty much knocked out after surgery?

oh and did they give you anything to help with pain? I’m wondering if I should have my Dr here prescribe some Xanax or something for surgery day? I heard some drs will prescribe that to make less anxious.

There isn’t much pain after the surgery, they give painkillers just in case though.  Xanax would’ve been nice during the surgery… 

as for vacationing, you’re told to be extremely careful to not let anything touch the recipient area afterwards. Vacationing around Turkey could increase that risk. I would advise just rest as much as possible afterwards. 

I’m not sure if there’s much to do around the hotel. For me it was a very much get in get out kind of thing.

Edited by stevenbol

17 hours ago, stevenbol said:

There isn’t much pain after the surgery, they give painkillers just in case though.  Xanax would’ve been nice during the surgery… 

as for vacationing, you’re told to be extremely careful to not let anything touch the recipient area afterwards. Vacationing around Turkey could increase that risk. I would advise just rest as much as possible afterwards. 

I’m not sure if there’s much to do around the hotel. For me it was a very much get in get out kind of thing.

Last question. I'm trying to finalize travel plans and am now leaning towards just going for a few days and knocking out surgery and coming home asap. Similar to you. If flying from the states could I get away with just a carry on so I don't have to worry about checking in any luggage or will I need to check in a piece because of shampoos, sprays etc that the clinic may provide that can't get through TSA with?

Thanks.

They will give you shampoos and after care products that would probably get flagged by airport security as they contain liquid.

I’m not sure how to carry those in a carry on bag, but if it’s possible it would’ve been much easier. Best of luck!

15 hours ago, Wolverine98 said:

Last question. I'm trying to finalize travel plans and am now leaning towards just going for a few days and knocking out surgery and coming home asap. Similar to you. If flying from the states could I get away with just a carry on so I don't have to worry about checking in any luggage or will I need to check in a piece because of shampoos, sprays etc that the clinic may provide that can't get through TSA with?

Thanks.

When I went last september I only took a backpack and a carry on for that very reason, "in and out" and I was given the Vitamins, shampoo, saline spray and saw palmetto spray. That said i was checked thoroughly by every airpot coming home, had a connection in amsterdam, either way I had no issues but remember, and also check to make sure nothing changed, but i brought 100ml empty bottles with me and filled them up with the liquids that needed to be smaller in volume and then put the empty bottles right in the carry on, no issues and when I got home I just put them back in their original bottles. As long as you stick to the guidelines set out you will be fine. I don't recall what the limit is but if you stick with the guidelines, just look them up in every country you might be in on your journey you will be fine.

This was for me and my experience anyway. Please just look it up its readily available on their airlines website etc. Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

On 7/5/2023 at 10:57 PM, Wolverine98 said:

Thanks.

I had my HT at Dr Yaman on 23 JUne.  They give you special shampoo and foam application but they are both 100ml so it's fine.  They also give some medicine and quite a few multivitamins but they know they are your treatment as you will stand out at the airport with your head bandage.  I only travlled with a rucksack so was able to take everything on the plane.  I Flew home the day after which I regret slightly as my head was still bleeding, would rather staryed 1 or 2 more days then you shouldn't have a bandage as the bleeding should have stopped

On 7/5/2023 at 1:19 AM, stevenbol said:

You have to stay the extra day for a check up by the clinic, to make sure there is no adverse reactions, thats when they give you all the after care treatments

Some people, like me, can still be bleeding badly.  They need to ensure that is under control before letting you go.  I don't think they can send people to the airport while blood is still pouring out

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baal123 said:

Amazing results so far.   Congrats. 

How many grafts did you have placed in the crown? 

I’m not totally sure, the graft count summary they gave didn’t specifically say.

However Yaman told me we were doing 30grafts per square centimeter on the crown, which he said from a glance one will still barely be able to see my scalp. 

On 7/10/2023 at 5:57 PM, stevenbol said:

I’m not totally sure, the graft count summary they gave didn’t specifically say.

However Yaman told me we were doing 30grafts per square centimeter on the crown, which he said from a glance one will still barely be able to see my scalp. 

Thanks buddy

I had a transplant early March so was just trying to compare crown growth.  

You mentioned you had 2000 grafts in the front so I’m assuming the rest went in the crown? If you don’t mind sharing do you know the total amount of grafts you had or is that the number you don’t have? 

Thanks 

17 minutes ago, Baal123 said:

Thanks buddy

I had a transplant early March so was just trying to compare crown growth.  

You mentioned you had 2000 grafts in the front so I’m assuming the rest went in the crown? If you don’t mind sharing do you know the total amount of grafts you had or is that the number you don’t have? 

Thanks 

That 2000 is an estimate, to be clear it’s at least 2000 in the front. Here’s the official count from Yaman.

IMG_3866.jpeg

• 5 months later...
On 6/30/2023 at 6:43 PM, stevenbol said:

This is the start of month 6. Super impressed.  At this rate I think I’ll be able to grow my hair long again. Here’s a drastic before and after comparison. 
IMG_3852.thumb.jpeg.62f594c5ef1d86e95dd9c6086891f26e.jpegIMG_3851.thumb.jpeg.6d0ba42e196a14e4ce0b5448b4d94c6c.jpegIMG_3850.thumb.jpeg.54529694d79dd66a3f875d8f2dd6162b.jpegIMG_3846.thumb.jpeg.2166f9561b894f7b65d943f192856bab.jpegIMG_3847.thumb.jpeg.80b139f39fa03d5dd3b83264cdc363df.jpeg

Congrats man...Your result from Dr Yaman looks Amazing at 6 months with high density hairline..👌

Can you do a final update ?

@wembley sure thing. I’ve been wanting to post but haven’t had the motivation. My result is coming along really well. Crown isn’t fully filled in, and this was in line with what Yaman said to me before the transplant. Still have more time to go for me. Here’s some candid pics of my hair today, haven’t done anything to style it. Overall incredibly pleased with my result. 

IMG_4312.jpeg

IMG_4318.jpeg

• Like 4

On 1/13/2024 at 6:17 AM, stevenbol said:

@wembley sure thing. I’ve been wanting to post but haven’t had the motivation. My result is coming along really well. Crown isn’t fully filled in, and this was in line with what Yaman said to me before the transplant. Still have more time to go for me. Here’s some candid pics of my hair today, haven’t done anything to style it. Overall incredibly pleased with my result. 

IMG_4312.jpeg

IMG_4318.jpeg

thanks for the update ! Your result with Dr Yaman looks incredible... Really happy for you 😃

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 6:17 AM, stevenbol said:

IMG_4312.jpeg

IMG_4318.jpeg

That's an awesome result from Dr Yaman. Very good to hear that you were totally pleased with your result..Enjoy your new hair 👌

Edited by BaldGuy

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 1:38 AM, go4hair said:

the result looks really fabulous. How many people received transplants that day?

I wish you the best!

I will have my hair transplant with him in September.

2 other people received transplants that day.