Dr. Pittella - Follicles: 11,556 / hairs: 20,380 - 45 years old

On 1/23/2023 at 3:00 PM, Belve said:

I am a bit confused…11556 grafts in one 2 days-session or 2 different surgeries ? 

A 2-day session is 2 different surgeries. One surgery the first day, then he went back to his hotel, then a second surgery on the second day.

37 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

A 2-day session is 2 different surgeries. One surgery the first day, then he went back to his hotel, then a second surgery on the second day.

Usually it's referred to as a 2 day surgery if conducted consecutively. Obviously if you're being literal, it's two surgeries.

On 1/26/2024 at 2:49 PM, Odysseus said:

How did payment work? You obviously didn't schedule and prepay for an odd number like 11,556 grafts. 😄 Did you settle on a target number of grafts that you paid for before the surgery and then you had to pay for all additional grafts after the surgery? Or were any grafts over the number you agreed to free?

I am curious about this as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Home run

9E02444F-BAC6-4777-B13A-AEF47748BD54.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/3/2024 at 11:20 PM, Rose17 said:

On 1/26/2024 at 3:49 PM, Odysseus said:

How did payment work? You obviously didn't schedule and prepay for an odd number like 11,556 grafts. 😄 Did you settle on a target number of grafts that you paid for before the surgery and then you had to pay for all additional grafts after the surgery? Or were any grafts over the number you agreed to free?

Expand  

I am curious about this as well.

The way it worked with me was that I was asked to pre-pay for aroubd 8.5k grafts. The estimate based on Dr. Pittella’s software was 11.5k grafts, hence, i was told that i would need to pay the remaining after surgery (i.e after day 2). At the end of day one, I was told the count of total grafts (6k) and dr. Said another around 6k can be done the next day. I was asked if i am okay with that plan. I was fine, so we moved ahead and i paid the remaining balance when i went for a wash on day 3.

• Like 2

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

On 1/26/2024 at 5:49 PM, Odysseus said:

Exactly as our friend responded