Problems with the Donor

HT1

Hallo, I got my hair transplantation at about 2 weeks ago about 2500 grafts. My donor is very dense and now 2 weeks after transplantation I think it got overharvested, the area is very thinned, I will put some new  photos tomorrow and will inform you. What do you think about it?

F6FA6996-DC56-431D-BA5D-1ED55590A3DB.jpeg

AE0B6C8C-E2F9-452E-9095-9B8B54B80D40.jpeg

1954C757-C616-4866-AAD4-8F0B4B6B5CD0.jpeg

So it isn't over harvested in the sense they took too many grafts. 2500, if done properly, should not over harvest your donor in that surface area. 

However, they likely did not know how to do the extractions properly so they damaged adjacent tissue, thus caused larger scaring in diameter. So, your donor will appear over harvested like they took 5000 grafts, even though they only took 2500.

However, at this point there is nothing you can do but wait it out. Hopefully it is mostly shock loss that will recover in the upcoming months. 

• Administrators

This video will help

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So you can see the line, i dont think it is shock loss, i think it is overharvested and i have to wait. I am very sad about that because actually i chose i clinic which meant to be good. It was hairmedic in Dortmund, Germany. 
I read some  examples in this forum who get along with it with longer hair. If that even  doesnt work  i will have to think about Donor repair in a Year? I read bisanga is a good idea?

it is so frustrating because i really thought i chose a good one

• Administrators

I take it you didn’t watch the video. Two weeks is too soon to tell how your donor will end up. Right now it looks like a patch, but that could be shock loss. The example I showed in the video completely recovered. Unfortunately, only time will tell how it will end up. If it was 2,500 grafts I doubt it was overharvested. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I take it you didn’t watch the video. Two weeks is too soon to tell how your donor will end up. Right now it looks like a patch, but that could be shock loss. The example I showed in the video completely recovered. Unfortunately, only time will tell how it will end up. If it was 2,500 grafts I doubt it was overharvested. 

I hope you will be Right 🙏🏼 actually it was only 2400 Gratfs, i will give update!! 

• Valued Contributor
25 minutes ago, HT1 said:

I hope you will be Right 🙏🏼 actually it was only 2400 Gratfs, i will give update!! 

@HT1 I know it's difficult but everything about hair transplants revolves around patience. Whether it's seeing the full effect of hair growth or just allowing the donor and the entire scalp for that matter to heal. You really want to keep busy and look back after 12 months. I'm at 12 months now and things kept changing and improving even at 10 months. All the best.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello @HT1

On 1/15/2023 at 8:57 AM, HT1 said:

Could you give an update, please? I am about to make a decision to have a transplant done at Hairmedic so I am looking forward to your response. Thank you very much!