2000 FUE Grafts with Dr. Vories Mount Pleasant, SC 9 February 2022

Clark

3 minutes ago, GhostCryptid13 said:

Oh good! Do you have any concerns?

Not especially. I've done lots of research on this decision. Dr. Vories has decades of experience and is one of the few docs who does all the implanting personally. This instance was rare, he admitted his mistake, and is working to fix them for this patient and has new operating procedures. Every doctor - let's be honest - has made mistakes. I think this website went too far revoking his recommendation. If that's the standard, they'd have to revoke every doctor on their list.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCWV said:

Not especially. I've done lots of research on this decision. Dr. Vories has decades of experience and is one of the few docs who does all the implanting personally. This instance was rare, he admitted his mistake, and is working to fix them for this patient and has new operating procedures. Every doctor - let's be honest - has made mistakes. I think this website went too far revoking his recommendation. If that's the standard, they'd have to revoke every doctor on their list.

That makes me feel better about consulting him. I’m glad he’s implementing a “300 single graft on all hairlines” policy

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 5:07 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

If Dr. Vories can demonstrate through genuine patient reviews that he performs ultra-refined, follicular unit grafting with refined singles in the frontal hairline, we will consider lifting the suspension.

Please clarify something for me. It appears from what I've read that the procedure used with @Clarkhas been Dr Vories' method of transplantation prior to his making changes.  If so, and if the criteria for membership is grafting with refined singles in the frontal hairline how then was he first vetted to become a member ?  Has something changed in the interim ?  I find it odd that all of a sudden this has come to light, and was not noted before.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NewHare said:

Please clarify something for me. It appears from what I've read that the procedure used with @Clarkhas been Dr Vories' method of transplantation prior to his making changes.  If so, and if the criteria for membership is grafting with refined singles in the frontal hairline how then was he first vetted to become a member ?  Has something changed in the interim ?  I find it odd that all of a sudden this has come to light, and was not noted before.  

Great point. I think it's time to start upping the standards back up on this forum for surgeons to be recommended on here. We used to travel and visit VERY single clinic before recommending them here. 

No excuse to not start doing that as COVID is basically gone. I'm sure the site generates enough revenue for someone like Pat, Melvin to fly out for a day or two and see the standards/equipment/etc. that are being used for surgery. 

Solely using cherry picked results submitted by clinics on whether or not they should be recommended here is silly. We need to visit each clinic and know about the practices and how everything is run. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, NewHare said:

I don't think anything had changed per say, just that it was such a poor job that it made them question his expertise as a hair surgeon(?) I'm not sure to be honest. Maybe he has a track record of placing multis in the hairline and that's why? I can't find anyone else who's had a similar experience with multis placed in their hairline though.

• Like 1

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, NewHare said:

From my conversation with Dr. Vories, and from what he’s said on this thread. He recently switched to using implanter pens. Surgeons rely on technician’s placing the correct grafts in the implanter pens. It sounds like he had grafts sorted by color, red pens were single haired grafts. But the technician sorted the wrong grafts. By the looks of it, they may have mixed (red) implanter single haired (fus) for multi hair (fus). A big mistake, but a mistake nonetheless. 

Our standards have not changed. We have never advocated for multiples in the hairline. All of our recommendations must demonstrate natural and refined follicular grafting. Dr. Vories did demonstrate the ability to perform natural follicular grafting for many years.

Now, why hasn’t this come to light before? Well, this may have been a recent change in his clinic, or he may have had a change in personnel i.e., technicians.  There are many reasons why this mistake may have occurred recently.

B1A02231-7F3F-4AD9-A242-9A69602074AF.jpeg

As you can see, the macro and micro irregularities are natural, with refined fine singles. 

To stay a recommended physician, the surgeon must demonstrate continuous patient satisfaction and results. 

View our standards here

IMG_9080.jpeg

By Dr. Vories own admission, this is wasn’t an isolated incident last year. Since we haven’t seen any new patient reviews. We decided to err on the side of caution and suspend his membership, until we can see new patient reviews that demonstrate his hairlines have refined single hair fu’s, as he has demonstrated in the past. 

I hope this clarifies things for the community.

Onwards and upwards, 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

Great point. I think it's time to start upping the standards back up on this forum for surgeons to be recommended on here. We used to travel and visit VERY single clinic before recommending them here. 

No excuse to not start doing that as COVID is basically gone. I'm sure the site generates enough revenue for someone like Pat, Melvin to fly out for a day or two and see the standards/equipment/etc. that are being used for surgery. 

Solely using cherry picked results submitted by clinics on whether or not they should be recommended here is silly. We need to visit each clinic and know about the practices and how everything is run. 

We don’t rely on cherry picked results. We rely on the input of this community, which is why we send out newsletters asking for the communities input. Ultimately, we rely on the feedback provided on this forum. Visiting surgeons is on my list of things to do, of course life happens. But that’s on my agenda.

I intend on visiting all of our members, and seeing them perform surgery live. However, that doesn’t guarantee that they won’t change their protocol or personnel, which may impact their results at a later time. Ultimately, the reviews and feedback from the members of this community will be the most important. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 months later...

I had a hair transplant with Dr. Vories in 2020 and had/have the same skin issues! THIS IS NOT OK. I brought this up multiple times with Dr. Voires and was repeatedly told it is normal to have numbness even years out. Did your skin issues resolve or improve? I saw two dermatologists who both thought it is still nerve irritation. Now I’m wondering if it was something about the technique. I can’t even shave my head now because of the irritation. You can check out my post as well.