Please take a look

Originally posted by SpaceBetween:

Hey man your hair is not bad at all. I think you can definitely hold out. You need to be realistic with HT expectations. Your thin spots aren't even bad and you have no bald spots.

If you really can't take the look, try some concealers. Don't rush yourself in to another procedure.

i think this is pretty good advice by space between and should atleast be considered.. im in a somewhat similar situation to this and i can say it would prob not be my best option to get back in the chair, atleast for right now.... concealers have really bought me time.. its SLIGHTLY annoying but it does not come off until i wash it off, it makes an amazing difference, and once i learned how to apply it properly it looks pretty good... i use dermmatch BTW because it alot easier to apply up front, and you can fade it close to the hairline, just be careful how close you geticon_wink.gif

looking at your pics i do think a good concealer would buy you time, and give you a look you feel more confident with.. never apply to much tho.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

they have a website... pretty sure its dermmatch.com. but if you search the web you might find a carrier who sells it for less.. one disc lasts me about 5 to 6 months. i think its like 30 bucks but dont quote me..

make sure you choose the right color also...

might want to look into other concealers too like toppik.. it works differently then dermmatch as far as how to apply but alot of people prefer it.. i just prefer dermmatch for myself because it really does not come off, on anything... until i shampoo

i can say this for sure... when you learn to put it on right this stuff can make a thin transplant look much thicker

anyway give em a shot, either you will like them and they will for sure buy you time..or worst case, your out like 30 bucks...

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Uk-lad... No sex drive and I mean NO sex drive. I would try to get with a girl and it was embarassing. Also read that it MAY cause me to lose the ability to have kids which I really want to have in the future. Scared the crap outta me. I will say this, the stuff works to keep your hair, because once I got off it my hair really has thinned out.

Originally posted by cjslider:

....but rather a reasonable look that would be good to me as I got older.....

BigBill-

That concept, to me, is the most important one I bring to the table when consulting with potential patients. As the others have said, be patient, as it is early on, and, realizing that hairloss IS a progressive process, you might want to consider Rogaine twice daily, as you have stated you experience unwanted side-effects with finasteride.

Hope that helps-

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

BigBill

From 23 to 27 I lost a lot of hair. At 23 I was still ok with a decent hairline but at 26-27 I was pretty much completely bald. I had my first procedure at 27 and soon after realised I could not take proscar either. I'm only 3 months post op now.

Like everyone else has said be patient, use the concealers as you have plenty of hair and the concealers will just smooth out the spots you don't like... Also maybe try rogaine foam. I'm currently not taking any meds and I know i will need further work down the track. It is a gamble but i'm hoping hairloss will slow down as I get older.

To be honest, if I were you, I would NOT lower the hairline. I agree with your doc in that regard. You MUST think of the future. You don't want to be stuck with some silly looking 16 year old hairline when you are 50. It will look weird. I would just fill it in where it currently sits. Just my opinion, though. I am all about the conservative approach. .

Stimpy