Please take a look

I had a hair transplant 9 months ago and am not very happy with the results. Doctor did not lower my hairline, just filled in recessions with about 1600 grafts. I had to stop taking propecia because of its side effects. What do you guys think? Go to another doctor for another one? I am 23.

Bill1.jpg.d99f513ec986f162af0104f2c1161c49.jpg

I had a hair transplant 9 months ago and am not very happy with the results. Doctor did not lower my hairline, just filled in recessions with about 1600 grafts. I had to stop taking propecia because of its side effects. What do you guys think? Go to another doctor for another one? I am 23.

is this FUE or Strip?

What Doc did this and can you upload a pic of you spiking your fringe up and taking a normal front picture of your hairline

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

You need to give it more time....18-24 months...Yes, that long...Hair can be quite tricky...Don't rush into another HT, your still very young...and quitting the Fin. didn't help you much either...Be patient you look o.k....

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

Hi Big,

Its just 9 months so give ur HT some more time.

Also you are just 22 and your crown pics are not a good sight to see so eventually you will be needing another HT procedure. Don't waste your precious donor area too soon.

Wait for the transplanted hair to grow fully ,get on medications and then you can survive some few more years and in the next HT if you want to lower ur hairline and fill in the non-grafted area that is going to be shed and the crown,,,,u can do that with your jurisdiction..........u just have to shell out huge bucks:-)

I am not really worried about lowering my hairline as I have always had a large forhead. I guess what I don't understand is how it's a waste of donor hair when I am putting it onto places that I know are going to bald?

no what he means by wasting more donor hair is dont go putting many more grafts into the front as you will be using to many on the front and wont have much left for the back when you eventualy go bald, i would still like to know the doc? and also a before pic, for 1600 it doesnt look bad as it looks like you have thin hair anyways like i have, and from the pics it seems to match existing hiars

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

BigBill,

I'd follow suit with prior poster's advice and sit tight if I were in your shoes. I had my first restoration procedure when I was 25 and only had about 600 grafts the first time. I went back again at 27 for roughly 1200 more and then again at 32 for 800 more to "even things out" or "tidy up" the overall appearance. Bottom line is, you just don't know how much eventual hair loss you're looking at when you're at the tender age of only 23. I don't want to sound too preachy, and I only have my own personal experience to talk about, but it may help you to re-calibrate your expectations. I started thinning at the age of 21. When I started out, I didn't look to regain the full head of hair I had when I was a teenager, but rather a reasonable look that would be good to me as I got older. That was my doctor's advice and I'm glad I took it. After roughly 2700 total grafts, all via strip surgeries, I finally had my scar filled in with 200 FUE grafts two days ago. My procedures were done very skillfully and with great care and forethought by a terrific surgeon who, thankfully, had a vision for me eleven years ago that I did not.

You're 23 now, but in a blink of the eye, you'll be 33. Be careful not to sacrifice your future happiness with more instant gratification in your early twenties.

Best of luck to you.

One thing you have on your side is age. Hell, they could be doing hair cloning by the time you're my age!

After the glowing report I gave my doctor, I should give him his proper kudos. My doctor for all three of my strip surgeries and the FUE into the scar was Dr. Bradley Wolf in Mason, OH, just outside of Cincinnati. I can't say enough good things about he and his staff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man your hair is not bad at all. I think you can definitely hold out. You need to be realistic with HT expectations. Your thin spots aren't even bad and you have no bald spots.

If you really can't take the look, try some concealers. Don't rush yourself in to another procedure.

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3