Urgent: Blood Test before HT

Hey guys,

Hope someone can help me. I have a HT booked with Eugenix in 1st week of February.

They have asked me to get a blood test for the following:

1. HB, TLC, DLC, Platelet
TLC: Total Leucocyte Count
DLC: Differential Leucocyte Test

2. HIV 1 and 2

3. HBsAg

4. Anti HCV

5. Prothrombin Time

6. Random/Fasting Blood Sugar

7. HBA1C

I don't know where I would go to get this or is this is just a standard blood test. I am based in the UK so if anyone can help me please as they ask for results 2 weeks before so I need to get on it asap!

Kind regards,

A

I'm having a surgery with Eugenix at the 2nd week of February, they've asked me to undertake the same list of blood tests. I've just visited my local blood testing lab, gave them this list, and they've handled everything. When the results were ready, I've downloaded the PDF with indicators and shared it with Eugenix. 

For me it was a seamless process, but I've heard here, that in UK it's a bit more complex and pricey. 

Also I've read that there is an option to arrive to India a bit earlier and take blood tests there, but when I've checked with Eugenix, they told that results should be complete at least a week prior to the surgery, but in that case you'll need to spend extra time in India, which might not correspond to your plans and also lead to extra costs.

• Moderators

I live in the USA, so I'm not sure how it works exactly in the UK, but it's probably very similar. Here you would go to your primary care Dr and just tell them you need blood tests done and give them the list. They may say you need to have a complete physical as they may only do some of those blood tests as part of a physical which is fine. It should be pretty easy. It's not like you'd be the first person to need blood work done for pre surgery.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

There are national labs such as Quest where you can request these tests by doctor written order…get as much of it paid by insurance if possible.

I did not know Eugenix required that much pre-op testing on their patients.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

ThinningIndian,

essentially, Just about any standard blood testing lab should be able to take care of this for you. If you have a primary care physician, you may want to speak to them first I would likely give you a form with everything filled out that you will take to the lab. This will ensure that your insurance will cover the testing. I say this because sometimes depending on the insurance company, you can’t just walk into a lab and say you need these tests unless you plan on paying out-of-pocket for them.   It’s possible of course like I said it depends on your insurance company and type of insurance, location, etc.  

please keep us posted and let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

If you were in US, Id recommend using requestatest.com. For the UK, I have no idea. There are a couple of members who posted on here that went to Eugenix from the UK, I'd just search the forums and PM them, and later update this thread so it helps others who may be in a similar position.

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

Hey guys

Just to let you know I spoke to Eugenix and whilst they do not do blood tests they have a lot of blood labs around them.

I am going to one that will do all of the required tests and will cost 3700 Rs (approx £37 or $45). They have results done in 4.5 hours so that works great and I'll be there a week early anyway so that works out well!

Thanks again.

Regards,

A

6 hours ago, ThinningIndian said:

Hey guys

Just to let you know I spoke to Eugenix and whilst they do not do blood tests they have a lot of blood labs around them.

I am going to one that will do all of the required tests and will cost 3700 Rs (approx £37 or $45). They have results done in 4.5 hours so that works great and I'll be there a week early anyway so that works out well!

Thanks again.

Regards,

A

Can you find out if there is an expediated option there and the turn around time? So those that are in a time crunch can have options.

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

Hey @BaldingEagle1 - I think 4.5 hours is pretty fast??

The lab is called Marvel Lab in Gurgaon and they are aware of the tests required so should be good. I checked with Eugenix (who recommended the place) and they are fine with me getting the tests done a week before and getting the results sent over then.