Would you go with De Freitas or with Bisanga

I would go for the latter. Freitas is okay if you want to wear your hair long. But once you buzz cut it, the rows are evident imo. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DrMunibAhmad said:

I would go for the latter. Freitas is okay if you want to wear your hair long. But once you buzz cut it, the rows are evident imo. 

Do you think implanting grafts in rows can improve graft survival or the appearance of density?

Or is it just less refined surgical technique?

On 12/27/2022 at 9:28 PM, GioLam said:

I got my HT with De Freitas 3 months ago on sept. 19 for 2,400 grafts on just hairline and my results are outstanding. I could not be happier. De Freitas is a hairline artist. Def not 4 patients per day. Only 2 maybe 3 depending. 2 when i went. 

I haven’t posted my journey yet but will get around to it soon. My results are insane I can go out no hat already. 

I can’t speak for Bisanga - but read somewhere he doesn’t do his own implantations. Is that true?  Also I looked at his results carefully and was never blown away by their hairlines. U want a hairline god my personal recs are De Freitas, Couto (if u can), Pinto, Pekiner, Ferreira 

ps - if u are overly concerned about # of patients per day,  pinto and Pekiner I think they each do 1 / day and are meticulous throughout I have read 

Please post when you can. I also have surgery next year for exactly the same amount of grafts. Your experience will help tremendously. It's always reassuring to see one more case that's developing in accordance with expectations.

• Like 1

Both.

Get one to do one side and the other doc the other side

Report back a year later and we'll put it to a vote on which side is best😊

Jokes aside, both are a good bet. De Freitas does some nice temple peaks/hairlines.

Dr B is a proven quality operator and honourable mention for his reps who some of the best in the business. Pre and post support is V.Important.

• Haha 2

On 12/27/2022 at 3:28 PM, GioLam said:

I got my HT with De Freitas 3 months ago on sept. 19 for 2,400 grafts on just hairline and my results are outstanding. I could not be happier. De Freitas is a hairline artist. Def not 4 patients per day. Only 2 maybe 3 depending. 2 when i went. 

I haven’t posted my journey yet but will get around to it soon. My results are insane I can go out no hat already. 

I can’t speak for Bisanga - but read somewhere he doesn’t do his own implantations. Is that true?  Also I looked at his results carefully and was never blown away by their hairlines. U want a hairline god my personal recs are De Freitas, Couto (if u can), Pinto, Pekiner, Ferreira 

ps - if u are overly concerned about # of patients per day,  pinto and Pekiner I think they each do 1 / day and are meticulous throughout I have read 

Results are what count!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2022 at 10:17 AM, NikosHair said:

Both.

Get one to do one side and the other doc the other side

Report back a year later and we'll put it to a vote on which side is best😊

Jokes aside, both are a good bet. De Freitas does some nice temple peaks/hairlines.

Dr B is a proven quality operator and honourable mention for his reps who some of the best in the business. Pre and post support is V.Important.

I haven’t really seen many Freitas temple point cases

No offence to Freitas who I believe is an excellent surgeon, but I would go with Bisanga because he seems to have more known quantities. Ie, there is no question of whether he is pulling an asmed, or doing cornrows, or anything like that. You know he does most of the work, and his techs and Dr Kostis seem legit.

plus, BHR seems very good for communication and patient support.

For hairline i would prefer Freitas. He does very natural and dense hairlines. Otherwise i would consider HLC or Pekiner for hairline as they produce top results too.

Edited by BaldGuy
  • Like 1

Had surgery with De freitas 1 month ago today. Also had an in person consultation with Bisanga.

If you want to see more patient results from De Freitas you need to go to Spanish forums as most of his patients are Spanish and not English speaking. 

Bisanga is conservative and quoted me 1700 grafts which didnt restore my hairline by much, for some people this will be great and what should be done, for me I wanted more. De Freitas quoted 2200 (I ended up with 2525). Bisanga wouldn't even address my temples, he just does this little strange angle drop from the new hairline to the receeded temples. I haven't seen many temple point cases from De Freitas either and it appears that almost all surgeons are scared to go near them.

De freitas does not do 4 surgeries per day, maximum of 3, usually 2 and most of these patients will only have average 1000 grafts per day and their surgery split over 2 days.

Neither surgeons do everything themselves, if you want 1 surgeon doing every part of the surgery,  neither of these surgeons are for you.

Post surgery communication from De Freitas clinic has been great, any queries I've had, have been answered very quickly, can't speak for Bisanga.

Your choice will come down to preference, both are fantastic surgeons, for what I wanted and for my hair type, De Freitas had the edge and more of a wow factor.

9 hours ago, jay80 said:

Had surgery with De freitas 1 month ago today. Also had an in person consultation with Bisanga.

If you want to see more patient results from De Freitas you need to go to Spanish forums as most of his patients are Spanish and not English speaking. 

Bisanga is conservative and quoted me 1700 grafts which didnt restore my hairline by much, for some people this will be great and what should be done, for me I wanted more. De Freitas quoted 2200 (I ended up with 2525). Bisanga wouldn't even address my temples, he just does this little strange angle drop from the new hairline to the receeded temples. I haven't seen many temple point cases from De Freitas either and it appears that almost all surgeons are scared to go near them.

De freitas does not do 4 surgeries per day, maximum of 3, usually 2 and most of these patients will only have average 1000 grafts per day and their surgery split over 2 days.

Neither surgeons do everything themselves, if you want 1 surgeon doing every part of the surgery,  neither of these surgeons are for you.

Post surgery communication from De Freitas clinic has been great, any queries I've had, have been answered very quickly, can't speak for Bisanga.

Your choice will come down to preference, both are fantastic surgeons, for what I wanted and for my hair type, De Freitas had the edge and more of a wow factor.

It’s so weird that even elite surgeons stay away from the temples

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BaldGuy said:

For hairline i would prefer Freitas. He does very natural and dense hairlines. Otherwise i would consider HLC or Pekiner for hairline as they produce top results too.

I agree his hairlines are better in artistic design and overall visual density.

• Like 2

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 4:35 PM, Mike10 said:

Honestly I just think these kind of threads are pretty senseless. Because there is no way of telling for sure who is the better surgeon and I am going to explain why. To know which surgeon is better you would need to be privy to all the information of both clinics for comparison purposes. These surgeons operate 100s of patients a year and only a  very small fraction appear on forums. It is impossible to say who of the 2 achieve the more consistent better results with the little information we have.There is probably not much between them in terms of surgical skills. Nobody has a  100% success rate or will reinvent  FUE. It is more about subjective preferences in terms of going conservative/aggressive, hairline designs,  degree of involvement of surgeon  etc.    

Point taken, however since we are NOT privy to all the information, we can only go on what we can find and other patient experiences.

Does anyone know Dr. Freitas' rates? Waiting time? I can't get quote from Dr. Bisanga for my HT unless/until I visit him (might do so in the summer). Dr. Freitas now has my pics for virtual consultation. He looks really good so far but if he is also in the $6 range and/or 18 month waiting list probably are deal killers regardless.

IIMHO, Dr. Freitas is worth the $ and wait because in the end results are what count and you never hear a ecstatic patient complain about the price or the wait…I’m just sayin’…

Gillenator

13 hours ago, gillenator said:

IIMHO, Dr. Freitas is worth the $ and wait because in the end results are what count and you never hear a ecstatic patient complain about the price or the wait…I’m just sayin’…

I couldn't agree more. Let me ask you you are one of the most experienced members here, you like de Freitas more than Bisanga What are the specifics you don't like or fail to impress you about Bisanga's work?

Edited by Gabbck

On 3/16/2023 at 8:28 PM, ready4Hair said:

Does anyone know Dr. Freitas' rates? Waiting time? I can't get quote from Dr. Bisanga for my HT unless/until I visit him (might do so in the summer). Dr. Freitas now has my pics for virtual consultation. He looks really good so far but if he is also in the $6 range and/or 18 month waiting list probably are deal killers regardless.

I got an evaluation after 2/3 weeks have been booked since April last year for this June if that helps. So that makes is 14 months more or less. 

Some people are happy for cancellations howeaver I just went with a date and that was it. 

21 hours ago, Gabbck said:

I couldn't agree more. Let me ask you you are one of the most experienced members here, you like de Freitas more than Bisanga What are the specifics you don't like or fail to impress you about Bisanga's work?

Please allow me to clarify something here…it’s not that I think Bisanga is not a good surgeon, I just think there are better ones that produce consistently great artistic results like DeFreitas, Mwamba, and the like who perform FUE and repair cases.

Both Dr. Mwamba and Dr. Bisanga did extensive work on my 3rd procedure and after the procedure fully matured, I saw a significant artistic visual difference with Dr. Mwamba’s work regarding graft selection, angulation and placement in my frontal third (especially my hairline) and I attribute this to Dr. Mwamba’s endless attention to detail and how he continually checked everything he did…he is very patient and meticulous with every graft and I just knew he genuinely cared about the overall end result and my satisfaction.

Gillenator

On 3/18/2023 at 5:14 AM, TheGreatPretender said:

I got an evaluation after 2/3 weeks have been booked since April last year for this June if that helps. So that makes is 14 months more or less. 

Some people are happy for cancellations howeaver I just went with a date and that was it. 

If your schedule allows, it’s always a good idea to get on a standby list regardless of who the surgeon is because all clinics have cancellations from time to time.

• Like 1

Gillenator

1 hour ago, gillenator said:

If your schedule allows, it’s always a good idea to get on a standby list regardless of who the surgeon is because all clinics have cancellations from time to time.

I just feel like its better to know when the time comes to get it done rather then do it on the fly or having the so called "period" in which you dont know if you are gona go or not. This allows me to plan for the trip and prepare myself mentally and physically. Besides, I am going with a family member on the trip so its not only dependant on my own schedulle but also his. 

On 3/1/2023 at 2:31 PM, jay80 said:

Guess everyone has their kryptonite 

its not that elite surgeons cant do them, it is that they know how ridiculous those temples will look in 5 years when you continue to have progressive hairloss. There is a difference. 

4 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

its not that elite surgeons cant do them, it is that they know how ridiculous those temples will look in 5 years when you continue to have progressive hairloss. There is a difference. 

If they really believe you are going to have significant hairloss then how are temples going to look worse than a hairline with hair disappearing behind it? i think it is an art and just because an HT surgeon can do hairlines does not mean he can do temples. Look at all the great results the Spanish HT docs have with spanish populations, they do aggressive straight hairlines with phenomenal density. Most don't do temples. Clearly those aren't going to look less natural then a dense hairline with nothing behind it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I just feel like its better to know when the time comes to get it done rather then do it on the fly or having the so called "period" in which you dont know if you are gona go or not. This allows me to plan for the trip and prepare myself mentally and physically. Besides, I am going with a family member on the trip so its not only dependant on my own schedulle but also his. 

I truly understand how you feel and I think most individuals would agree…the standby situation will not work out for most people but it’s nice to know its available for those who can do it.

• Like 2

Gillenator