Would you go with De Freitas or with Bisanga

I'm going to have a 2000 graft surgery on the hairline and a bit of temples, I have narrowed my choice to either Bisanga or De Freitas, I have the impression that De Freitas is considered slightly better than Bisanga, could be wrong

Who would you choose between these two?

I would look into the results of each doctor from independent patients and compare it to your specific hair/Norwood situation. 

While I am sure both could suit you, I would always make a list with more than a single doctor and reduce the list by the so called process of elimination. 

PS: I am booked with De Freitas Next summer.

8 hours ago, botchedguy95 said:

Bisanga 100%, as much as I like de freitas hairlines, he is doing too many surgeries a day and you can see that in some of his results. Definitely not a hair mill but also not as consistent as bisanga.

How many ops does he do a day?

1 hour ago, Calihome1 said:

3-4 I believe

I don’t understand why these Spanish clinics are following in the path of Turkish mills. Why don’t they hire additional doctors to train and carry out additional surgeries? That’s the proper way to scale. It can be a little less profitable but I feel like the quality of results would remain consistent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

3-4 I believe

That's not true at all. Sometimes they do maximum 3 patients per day but it's usually 2. I would go with De Freitas because Bisanga tends to be more conservative in his approach. Both are absolutely world class.

Ok if that is true, then I go with Bisanga. I will generally always prefer the conservative approach. Being cautious is being smart. You just do not know what will happen down the road whether medication will continue to work or whether sides will appear etc. 

2 hours ago, Kraki77 said:

That's not true at all. Sometimes they do maximum 3 patients per day but it's usually 2. I would go with De Freitas because Bisanga tends to be more conservative in his approach. Both are absolutely world class.

Yh it’s never 4. When I asked them they said they do 3 max. I prefer freitas because his hairlines have the wow factor (for me personally) whereas bisanga is conservative. You have to pick what you like and what works better for your situation. 

The freitas cases that I’ve seen not do well usually were low density achieved on one side of the temples. Don’t all surgeons have cases that achieve lower density in some cases? How do we know this is due to the doc doing 3 a day? I’ve seen pinto have low yield cases  and he only does 1 a day.

Also if I am not wrong I believe Couto does 3 a day too? And his results speak for themselves

p.s. If you want to check out many freitas real patient cases , you need to be on the Spanish forums

Edited by drawdownfx
  • Like 2

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

4 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

Yh it’s never 4. When I asked them they said they do 3 max. I prefer freitas because his hairlines have the wow factor (for me personally) whereas bisanga is conservative. You have to pick what you like and what works better for your situation. 

The freitas cases that I’ve seen not do well usually were low density achieved on one side of the temples. Don’t all surgeons have cases that achieve lower density in some cases? How do we know this is due to the doc doing 3 a day? I’ve seen pinto have low yield cases  and he only does 1 a day.

Also if I am not wrong I believe Couto does 3 a day too? And his results speak for themselves

p.s. If you want to check out many freitas real patient cases , you need to be on the Spanish forums

Yeah. I feel like De Freitas never really reached as far as 4 per day and an average take of 2 patients is far from being bad news so long as the clinic keeps giving good results. 

From what I heard Couto is also over 3 so no difference in that matter. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

being conservative is always better. this is a long term game not a short term game

35 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

being conservative is always better. this is a long term game not a short term game

I absolutely agree with this. However results come first and Freitas has been delivering consistently. The model is broken when due diligence like bad donor management / bad angles start occurring and I’ve seen zero freitas cases do that so far.

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

2 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

I absolutely agree with this. However results come first and Freitas has been delivering consistently. The model is broken when due diligence like bad donor management / bad angles start occurring and I’ve seen zero freitas cases do that so far.

I do feel De Freitas being quite conservative in general since you see loads of patients addressing their hair loss in 2 years opting mostly for a more defensive approach for several cases. 

• Like 1

I got my HT with De Freitas 3 months ago on sept. 19 for 2,400 grafts on just hairline and my results are outstanding. I could not be happier. De Freitas is a hairline artist. Def not 4 patients per day. Only 2 maybe 3 depending. 2 when i went. 

I haven’t posted my journey yet but will get around to it soon. My results are insane I can go out no hat already. 

I can’t speak for Bisanga - but read somewhere he doesn’t do his own implantations. Is that true?  Also I looked at his results carefully and was never blown away by their hairlines. U want a hairline god my personal recs are De Freitas, Couto (if u can), Pinto, Pekiner, Ferreira 

ps - if u are overly concerned about # of patients per day,  pinto and Pekiner I think they each do 1 / day and are meticulous throughout I have read 

• Like 3

Results are what count…Dr. Defreitas is the better, especially his hairline work!

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Honestly I just think these kind of threads are pretty senseless. Because there is no way of telling for sure who is the better surgeon and I am going to explain why. To know which surgeon is better you would need to be privy to all the information of both clinics for comparison purposes. These surgeons operate 100s of patients a year and only a  very small fraction appear on forums. It is impossible to say who of the 2 achieve the more consistent better results with the little information we have.There is probably not much between them in terms of surgical skills. Nobody has a  100% success rate or will reinvent  FUE. It is more about subjective preferences in terms of going conservative/aggressive, hairline designs,  degree of involvement of surgeon  etc.    

Obviously the comparisons are subjective because of many variables, however what we are saying here is simply, “Who has better results overall”, visually speaking.

And for me, hairline work requires incredible talent that I consistently see with Dr. DeFreitas results over and over again.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 12/27/2022 at 8:28 PM, GioLam said:

I got my HT with De Freitas 3 months ago on sept. 19 for 2,400 grafts on just hairline and my results are outstanding. I could not be happier. De Freitas is a hairline artist. Def not 4 patients per day. Only 2 maybe 3 depending. 2 when i went. 

I haven’t posted my journey yet but will get around to it soon. My results are insane I can go out no hat already. 

I can’t speak for Bisanga - but read somewhere he doesn’t do his own implantations. Is that true?  Also I looked at his results carefully and was never blown away by their hairlines. U want a hairline god my personal recs are De Freitas, Couto (if u can), Pinto, Pekiner, Ferreira 

ps - if u are overly concerned about # of patients per day,  pinto and Pekiner I think they each do 1 / day and are meticulous throughout I have read 

Please do share when/if you can. 

Comments like these help me calm my nervousness for having him booked for the following year. 

I really hope in a year's time I can feel as happy as you.