How long after HT do I need to wear hat in the sun?

Tomi

Hey legends just wondering after hearing what may be myths of people getting permanent redness after a HT from sun exposure, I’m sure after the first couple of weeks that direct sunlight isn’t good but after week 7 for myself, I am going on holiday and plan to go snorkeling and diving a lot and obviously can not wear a hat in the water so I will be exposed to the sun… am I at risk of doing any damage? 
thanks 

6 months is what I was told by my clinic (Mwamba)

The explanation is simple, you are developing scar tissue, the whole scar tissue formation can take up to 6 months. Sun exposure can make your scars worse, raised from skin, or lead to hyperpigmentation. Also the skin is more sensitive to sun damage overall. Plus, the most obvious one: until 6 months the hair doesn't grow which doesn't cover your scalp.

• Like 1

I went on a surgery with Eugenix (India) Ii asked about this and what they said is, you can have full normal life after day 9 after the surgery, I insisted on the sun exposure issue and the kept saying that this is not an issue... mmmmh....

Most doctors (including the one with which I had my first surgery 5 years ago) would say however 1 month or month and a half of no sun exposure is enough...

Just to be safe, wear some head gear (skull cap) similar to what the Olympic swimmers wear.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Wear a hooded wetsuit. When I went snorkeling the company provided those. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

On 12/14/2022 at 6:04 PM, RaymondMG said:

I went on a surgery with Eugenix (India) Ii asked about this and what they said is, you can have full normal life after day 9 after the surgery, I insisted on the sun exposure issue and the kept saying that this is not an issue... mmmmh....

Most doctors (including the one with which I had my first surgery 5 years ago) would say however 1 month or month and a half of no sun exposure is enough...

I dont wan't to be *that guy*. I 100% agree Eugenix is literally top tier surgeons in the world for high norwood transplantation and give them very high regard.

Mechanically genius. But, let me say, I have heard on this forum a lot of ridiculous claims like this. Like literal absolutely scientifically proven things that no dermatologist in his sane mind would ever agree with. 

Please, make sure to protect your scars from sun exposure. Scar tissue formation takes months and it is proven that sun is harmful. Even tattoo artists know this for a much less severe scar.

• Like 1