HBT 2 week update photos

HairBeThere

ok... it's officially the 2 week mark. So, here is a quick update.

Hopefully tonight I can get a chance to write a follow up on the procedure it self, but here's the update.

Redness is almost gone!! One good thing for me is I always healed quickly. Still have a few scabs. They seem to be sitting pretty well.

Had some original hair shockloss, nothing major yet, and I'm really not expecting any more.

Had some good shedding though. I would guess 80% shed. That's a guess, really hard to say.

A lot of the grafted hairs in the front are sticking it out!! Hope the stay around.

I'll be starting Minox 5% tomorrow. I started a week ago, and had a reaction. I think it was a little too soon.

Sutures are long gone!! Removed last Monday! No problems with the donor area either.

So, all in all, everything is going great and on track!!

Here's a couple photos. Some immediate post-op from the hotel, and 2 weeks post-op.

Pre-Op photo.. The Before!!

PreOp007.jpg

Immediatley Post-Op at the Hotel..

TopOver.jpg

and the 2 week updates!!

Dry (Hat Hair)

2weeksDryFront.jpg

Wet Back

2weeksFrontback.jpg

ok... it's officially the 2 week mark. So, here is a quick update.

Hopefully tonight I can get a chance to write a follow up on the procedure it self, but here's the update.

Redness is almost gone!! One good thing for me is I always healed quickly. Still have a few scabs. They seem to be sitting pretty well.

Had some original hair shockloss, nothing major yet, and I'm really not expecting any more.

Had some good shedding though. I would guess 80% shed. That's a guess, really hard to say.

A lot of the grafted hairs in the front are sticking it out!! Hope the stay around.

I'll be starting Minox 5% tomorrow. I started a week ago, and had a reaction. I think it was a little too soon.

Sutures are long gone!! Removed last Monday! No problems with the donor area either.

So, all in all, everything is going great and on track!!

Here's a couple photos. Some immediate post-op from the hotel, and 2 weeks post-op.

Pre-Op photo.. The Before!!

PreOp007.jpg

Immediatley Post-Op at the Hotel..

TopOver.jpg

and the 2 week updates!!

Dry (Hat Hair)

2weeksDryFront.jpg

Wet Back

2weeksFrontback.jpg

Congrats on the surgery-- well desired. 2300 FUs will give you a very nice natural mature look that you will be very happy with. If you comb your hair back like your pics, it probably will look great. Best of luck and post pics every few months.

Congratulations, HBT. I'm thrilled for you as all of us who have gone through the same thing are.

I like the pattern and distribution of your grafts, and the fast healing is a good sign, especially for what it imports for the healing of your suture at the donor site.

We are especially kindred spirits because your pattern of balding was similar to mine. You had more hair on the top of your head to begin with, and I got slightly more grafts--2,500+--so we're just about neck-and-neck. I'll be rooting for good results for you even more than I do for all of us who have had HT's.

That also makes it easier for me to envision your final results, and I agree with Cleanhead and Smoothy--it's gonna look great.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Thanks all!! I mean that!

Though I had a wonderful procedure, and a great amount of grafts, I am keeping my expectations to a minumum.

I've been through this twice before, with great promise, only to get dismal results.

I know this is an entirely different experiance, but I don't want to let myself down a third time.

I will definetly be posting updates, probably more than needed.

I'm shooting for every 2 weeks.

Thanks for all the responces. I'm goin to try to get a better pic up soon. I really didn't like the ones I posted, but I'm an ameture with photo's of this.

Hair,

What were your other 2 experiences like? What about them turned out in a way that you weren't happy with?

I have much less experience at this than even you being that I've only undergone my first procedure, but from the looks of the pics you posted, looks like the doc did a good job...so you and I both are looking forward to the 3 month mark! Only 1 more month for me until I get there! I hope I start seeing results by then...as I hope you do too!

Bill

I'm regarding my first and second procedure.

First was with MHR.

False and misguided promises. Caused major shockloss and was worse off than I started.

Second, was a part time HT surgeon. Mostly my fault, due to lack of knowledge. Poor results, though nothing of a horror story, mind you.

Just another doctor that had money over patients best interests in mind.

Hey Hair!

Thanks for sharing! Well, I have to be honest, hearing some of the disappointments on this forum, it does have me a bit concerned. I feel that my doc was nothing but professional and he even called me on Sunday to see how I am feeling, etc...seemed to really have my interest in mind. I have nothing to compare my job to, so all I can do is wait and see. I hope this surgery you just underwent turns out AWESOME!!!

Bill

• 1 month later...