I plan classical tattoo on fue scars (not smp), has anyone experience in it?

I would first research getting SMP in your home country. At $500 for the I'm sure some talented people in your home country will have spotted a gap in the market at a far cheaper price than abroad.

If you decide to go the DIY route you can patch test an area, live with it for a month or two and decide if you are happy with how it blends in. 

Undoubtably there is real skill in blending in a SMP hairline (the internet is full of bad examples) but the donor areas would be less challenging.

You feel that the HT was a mistake so now is the time to breath, relax and take a measured approach and not to rush into a disaster. The fact that you are researching various options suggests you are on the right track.

The Aphorism: "Act In Haste, Repent At Leisure" (givemesomeenglish.com)

2 hours ago, agar8788 said:
3 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

I wouldn't do it by myself, only by a top artist.

also i mean, if you cannot afford top artist, then what?

1 hour ago, NikosHair said:

If you decide to go the DIY route you can patch test an area, live with it for a month or two and decide if you are happy with how it blends in. 

what is diy route?

I would first research getting SMP in your home country. At $500 for the I'm sure some talented people in your home country will have spotted a gap in the market at a far cheaper price than abroad.

yesi can afford it for once, but every year it is not possible unfortunately, that is why i think of tattoo. I am not with good fortune, unfortunately i do not live in reach country and the smp cost is my wholemonth salary maybe 2-3 months.

Undoubtably there is real skill in blending in a SMP hairline (the internet is full of bad examples) but the donor areas would be less challenging.

yes i do not need hairline, there is transplantated area. i want to get smp only on donor area

2 hours ago, agar8788 said:

but you can affort top artist in every couple of years?

It's once in 1.5 - 2 years to maintain the job.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

3 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

It's once in 1.5 - 2 years to maintain the job.

yeap but touch up needs 3 session too, or only 1?

and only on donor area, would be bad choice to do myself or my wife? only on donor area on scars 

• Moderators

You should look into transplanting some beard grafts into your FUE donor scars.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

53 minutes ago, agar8788 said:

what is diy route?

Sorry - it stands for Do It Yourself. It often describes someone who does some building work on their property rather than employing a builder. It saves money and if it is done carefully can even be better than paying some.

So getting your wife to do your SMP could be considered DIYing

56 minutes ago, agar8788 said:

yesi can afford it for once, but every year it is not possible unfortunately, that is why i think of tattoo. I am not with good fortune, unfortunately i do not live in reach country and the smp cost is my wholemonth salary maybe 2-3 months.

But the cost of SMP in your country compared to the USA, EU or UK will be much less. Another option is to buy the kit and get a skilled tattooist to do the SMP at local rates. Maybe your wife observes and the next time she carries out the procedure or you go back to your tattooist.

I would avoid the classic tattoo unless it is what you have always wanted, there are better options within your budget.

7 minutes ago, NikosHair said:

I would avoid the classic tattoo unless it is what you have always wanted, there are better options within your budget.

what are better options except smp?

yeah i am 28 but i think sometimes to shave it and get used to it , as it is. i try to pay no attention to it but is not easy. I bought some wound clossure strips to stick on donor area but all of these are temporary solution. I need something permanent. To live with it yeah is less costly and affordable option but it bothers me very very much. No idea what to choice as long term solution

4 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

You’re going to end up creating another issue that will drive you nuts if you use traditional tattoo ink for your scars.

hm yes may be you are right. but can you understand my condition?

i can afford smp kit but not smp artist every 2 years. 

so just think of way. may be just shave and live with it, may be tattoo and live with it. i do not know, just HT brought my live in regret and depression.

i think how normal and happy person i was before HT

5 hours ago, agar8788 said:

hm yes may be you are right. but can you understand my condition?

i can afford smp kit but not smp artist every 2 years. 

so just think of way. may be just shave and live with it, may be tattoo and live with it. i do not know, just HT brought my live in regret and depression.

i think how normal and happy person i was before HT

Hey man, you need to slow down your thoughts and be more open minded to the suggestions given here. Your impatience and impulse to repair the fue scars, without considering the most proper option, is going to lead you down a path of even deeper regret and misery if you're not careful. Stay very far away from tattoo ink - this will ruin your life if you use tattoo ink to camouflage scarring. Also, do not let anyone other than a professional perform the smp treatment. Your wife is not trained or experienced enough to even use the smp needle/equipment. There is technique involved in how deep the ink is supposed to go (depth control, also proper ink mixing before starting), and she could potentially make things way worse. Not to mention the technique involved in proper dot placement for effective blending and natural buzzed hair appearance. i also guarantee you the diy smp kit you are looking at includes a low-quality grade smp ink. Low quality ink can result in different negative results. I also can assure you the diy kit is using an improper needle gauge size.  A good smp clinic/studio will be using top of the line industry standard smp ink and proper needles for optimal results.  

Also please spend a bit more time on research and call around/look for local smp studios and ask questions. From what you've stated about smp post care, seems like you got inaccurate info. Smp can last 2 to 3 years if done correctly and by a good artist/studio - and even then, its not like it totally disappears, you would just need a touch up. Touch ups should typically range roughly around 7-800 dollars give or take, depending on the artist or studio. So definitely not as much as you've been led to believe. Youtube is also your friend for smp scar repair examples and info. Again, slow down and if youre struggling with funds, scar repair should cost only about 2k - ball park estimate. It is worth waiting a bit to save up your money or possibly even request funding help from family/relatives if your in that much need of assistance. A good smp artist can easily camouflage the scars - easily. 

FYI - I confidently say all this because i have/had a GIANT and WIDE FUT scar (looked worse than your fue scarring) that was repaired by smp, and im extremely content with how it turned out. I know how you feel. Be careful and good luck. 

9 hours ago, BotchMeifUcan said:

FYI - I confidently say all this because i have/had a GIANT and WIDE FUT scar (looked worse than your fue scarring) that was repaired by smp, and im extremely content with how it turned out. I know how you feel. Be careful and good luck. 

Thanks bro very much! Yes before i get tattoo i should think over it carefully, yes  maybe it is not good choice and maybe it would be better if i shave and leave it as it is.

but sometimes i feels totally f***cked ip and think, maybe tattoo is not scars at least and it is art and it can be better to have bad art (tattoo) and not scars.

Yes Smp, i should try it first. if done wrong at least i can remove smp

Can you please advise me good smp ink? I mean i am not going now to ask wife to do it for me, just to know what is good smp ink? CAn you advise me?

Can you show me please some photos how does it look like after 3 year before touch up?

Thank you bro

Why are you shaving your head and exposing the scars. 

One of the guys on here @Rolandashad a fantastic HT but has bad scarring. You would never know once his hair grows out.

The do nothing option has several advantages.

1. Zero financial cost.
  2. Scars fade over time
  3. As we age the contrast between the hair scalp reduces (graying)

Why are you shaving your head and exposing the scars. 

because i am not setisfied with HT result i do not like my hairs It is unnatural, so i want to have fade and keep hairs shaved. I need a solution to have this possibility.

One of the guys on here @Rolandashad a fantastic HT but has bad scarring. You would never know once his hair grows out.

he seems to have a very good HT, but mine sucks, the donor area is not well distributed, on some areas there are many grafts extracted, especially on the neck. So i cannot grow hairs like this man, anyway he seems to have had more hairs before HT than me. I was Norwood 6 or 7 so i have very thiny hairs on forehead, crown is as empty as it was before HT.

The do nothing option has several advantages.

to get smp one time and do nothing, what about this? or one time from artist and later at home

On 12/10/2022 at 10:28 AM, agar8788 said:

also i mean, if you cannot afford top artist, then what?

what is diy route?

yes i do not need hairline, there is transplantated area. i want to get smp only on donor area

youre literally making the same mistake with ur HT by not doing thorough research and thinking things through. 

• Like 1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

10 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

youre literally making the same mistake with ur HT by not doing thorough research and thinking things through. 

he's asking for advice and ignoring it upfront aswell

Honestly if he really was NW7 judging from pictures his HT result actually looks really good, only donor needs some work to look less evident

SMP, hairstyle, repair with bht.. there's a lot of things that could be done, and a random ass head tattoo or "diy SMP" is def not one of them 😅

• Like 1

Just now, WhereIsMyMind said:

he's asking for advice and ignoring it upfront aswell

Honestly if he really was NW7 judging from pictures his HT result actually looks really good, only donor needs some work to look less evident

SMP, hairstyle, repair with bht.. there's a lot of things that could be done, and a random ass head tattoo or "diy SMP" is def not one of them 😅

Yup. I thought there was a lot of good advice in here 

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022