Post 10 days wash routine

Hi just wondering what people do post 10 days.

Im 13th day post op that my scalp feels/looks a bit oily…

What shampoo in U.K. would people recommend, my Dr said ‘natural’ ie not loads of chemicals…

Do people wash every day or or 2 free times a week?

Any regular shampoos at your local stores will do fine this many days after the procedure. Daily or every other day washings is good. You're past the graft anchoring timeframe, it would take another surgery with the doctor digging the hairs back out to lose them at this point.  Give it another week or two before you do any hair dying or hair cuts. Same goes for any medicated shampoos if you need them for dandruff or some other scalp skin irritation condition.

I personally used a Dove Shampoo on the recommendation of the clinic and its a sensitive/mild version. 

Some people also say to use baby shampoo but i think any mild/sensitive shampoo should do well. 

On 11/29/2022 at 2:38 PM, london1982 said:

Hi just wondering what people do post 10 days.

Im 13th day post op that my scalp feels/looks a bit oily…

What shampoo in U.K. would people recommend, my Dr said ‘natural’ ie not loads of chemicals…

Do people wash every day or or 2 free times a week?

I wouldn't worry too much about this - I bought Dove shampoo as advised by Eugenix, but since i bought it and checked the ingredients of my regular L'Oreal 2in1 shampoo/shower gel and the ingredients are pretty much the same.  

I also use Cowshed shampoo at the gym as that's what my gym has in each shower cubicle. It's a UK based brand if i'm not mistaken and apparently is supposed to be good quality. I wash my hair twice a day if going for a gym session, only once if not. 

At this point, I would already be washing my hair normally with any gentle shampoo I had access to. Baby shampoo is a good bet, honestly. 

As for how frequently, that's going to vary from person to person. I don't know what your washing has entailed up to this point, but if it's oily, I imagine you're not washing it enough and/or not aggressive enough - so start by doing it daily and see how it goes. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thanks all, I ended up Buying Manual ‘Power Shampoo’ the website said this, I’ll let you know I get on they sell Fin to and needed some.

Caffeine, Biotin and Saw Palmetto, all famous in the science of hair.

Caffeine is proven to stimulate hair follicles and elongate the hair growth phase by 70%.

Saw Palmetto has been shown to naturally reduce DHT by 32%.

I’ll give it whirl, bit more pricey that the highstreet brands

@london1982,

While each surgeon has a unique set of postoperative instructions, by 10 days postop, the newly transplanted graphs/hairs are fully secured and you are essentially free to wash your hair normally.  Now, if there are some remaining scabs, I recommend continuing to work them off with your fingertips using a circular motion in the shower The shampoo or conditioner already applied to your scalp.  You can spend extra time in the shower working them off gently. And even though the locals are deeply rooted and secured underneath the surface the scale, it’s always better not to use your finger nails to pick off the scabs and follow the above instructions.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.