My hair transplant after 3 months

Capelli3000

12 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

Praying for you OP. Who was your surgeon? 

"Masullo medical group" in italy. The doctor works in first person with his assistants and there are many good reports about him in the Italian forums. 

Compared to last week I can see a lot of hairs popping up, but I do not understand if they are vellus that I only noticed now 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

Yeh seeing some hairs coming out..u may be a very slow grower ..so hang in thr calmly..ths is the best option for u as for nw...ths happens in few cases...and i wish u r one of them bt slowly and gradually i wish u get the growth and acceptable results..keep updating 😊

Hope u r on medication ...

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I did not take any medications before the surgery. Now i'm on propecia and rogaine 5% and I've had an improvement in my native hair: that's why I have a thicker forelock.

To tell the truth some hair has sprouted around the fourth month. But then nothing, that's why I'm sure it's a failure.

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, Capelli3000 said:

I did not take any medications before the surgery. Now i'm on propecia and rogaine 5% and I've had an improvement in my native hair: that's why I have a thicker forelock.

To tell the truth some hair has sprouted around the fourth month. But then nothing, that's why I'm sure it's a failure.

Yeh i understand ur concern bt still i jst feel tht u shud give a bit of time to it...i agree tht thr isnt tht much growth bt may be u r one of those slow grower ..and u shud contact ur doctor and ask for his advice ...if it stays same after a month or two thn its very concerning 

• Like 1

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
42 minutes ago, Capelli3000 said:

I have an appointment next month with the doctor but I asked to bring it forward.

I have a curiosity: have you ever seen cases of slow growers? I haven't found any

Yeh i came up with few such cases who r slow growers 

• Like 1

--> My Thread

1 hour ago, Archan said:

Yeh i came up with few such cases who r slow growers 

Thank you.  Unfortunately I haven't seen any.  I have noticed that if you don't have a good result around 5-6 months, the result probably won't be good. I Hope i'm wrong.

• Valued Contributor
41 minutes ago, Capelli3000 said:

Thank you.  Unfortunately I haven't seen any.  I have noticed that if you don't have a good result around 5-6 months, the result probably won't be good. I Hope i'm wrong.

Yeh generally people get to knw the trajectory around 6 months...bt its jst tht as few people are there who r slow growers and at ths moment its the only hope ...u cannot do anything at ths time other thn hoping tht u r one of them and keep patience for around 2 more months and evrythng will get clear thn ....lets hope for the best...

• Like 1

--> My Thread

We're pulling for you to be a slow grower.  Keep us posted.  Hang in there!

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

@Capelli3000,

Hair transplant growth typically doesn’t even begin until 3 to 5 months after the date of the procedure. So the fact that you are not seeing any growth at this stage is completely normal.  When hair growth does begin, it will typically start by growing in fine, thin and colorless and over the next several months will thicken, dark and mature. It takes up to 12 to 18 months to fully grow in.

I hope this helps 

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

4 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Capelli3000,

Hair transplant growth typically doesn’t even begin until 3 to 5 months after the date of the procedure. So the fact that you are not seeing any growth at this stage is completely normal.  When hair growth does begin, it will typically start by growing in fine, thin and colorless and over the next several months will thicken, dark and mature. It takes up to 12 to 18 months to fully grow in.

I hope this helps 

Rahal Hair Transplant

Hello and thank you for your input, however, I believe you haven't read the entire thread. I initially opened it because I was concerned about my lack of growth at 3 months (hence the title), but now I'm close to six months and nothing has changed.

@Capelli3000,

I know you’ve already received a number of replies however, please keep in mind that hair transplant growth typically doesn’t even begin until between 3 to 5 months postop. In other words, you have absolutely nothing to be concerned about if you haven’t seen any growth at three months after your hair transplant. While newly transplanted hair only begins to grow between 3 to 5 months, it takes up to 12 to 18 months to fully thicken, darken and mature.   Therefore, while I think it’s a good idea to take monthly photos of your scout for comparison purposes when you look back, You have a long way to go before you see your final result. At this point, you’re barely in the beginning phases.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

3 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Capelli3000,

I know you’ve already received a number of replies however, please keep in mind that hair transplant growth typically doesn’t even begin until between 3 to 5 months postop. In other words, you have absolutely nothing to be concerned about if you haven’t seen any growth at three months after your hair transplant. While newly transplanted hair only begins to grow between 3 to 5 months, it takes up to 12 to 18 months to fully thicken, darken and mature.   Therefore, while I think it’s a good idea to take monthly photos of your scout for comparison purposes when you look back, You have a long way to go before you see your final result. At this point, you’re barely in the beginning phases.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Maybe it's my poor English that doesn't allow me to make myself understood. I opened the thread 3 months ago, and so the title I chose (3 months ago) is "My hair transplant after 3 months".

However, today it has been almost 6 months (175 days) since my hair transplant, and there is still no growth. After six months, I think I should be a little worried.

Hi guys, today I saw the surgeon and he also seemed very worried about the lack of hair growth. However, he assures me that the final result can be seen at 12 months, and if the hair does not grow by then, he offers to perform another surgery.

What would you do in my case? Would you accept another surgery? Keep in mind that I am not wealthy...

• Valued Contributor
43 minutes ago, Capelli3000 said:

Hi guys, today I saw the surgeon and he also seemed very worried about the lack of hair growth. However, he assures me that the final result can be seen at 12 months, and if the hair does not grow by then, he offers to perform another surgery.

What would you do in my case? Would you accept another surgery? Keep in mind that I am not wealthy...

I feel sorry for what you have gone through ....sometimes even with the best of an effort from doctor the outcome is negative and tht is the risk involved with evry surgery as there are so many factors affecting the outcome and not just the skills of a doctor ....

Bt its good tht he is taking responsibility and offering you a surgery but before taking any decision i would suggest you to please know the actual reason behind the failed surgery ..cause if you have some scalp issues or any other medical issue than even the next surgery would get negative outcome even if you go with the same doctor or any other doctor....

So plz do all the check ups related to scalp and other physical tests and thn decide on next surgery 

• Like 1

--> My Thread

1 hour ago, Archan said:

I feel sorry for what you have gone through ....sometimes even with the best of an effort from doctor the outcome is negative and tht is the risk involved with evry surgery as there are so many factors affecting the outcome and not just the skills of a doctor ....

Bt its good tht he is taking responsibility and offering you a surgery but before taking any decision i would suggest you to please know the actual reason behind the failed surgery ..cause if you have some scalp issues or any other medical issue than even the next surgery would get negative outcome even if you go with the same doctor or any other doctor....

So plz do all the check ups related to scalp and other physical tests and thn decide on next surgery 

It's really strange what happened. I'm young, I don't smoke, I regularly exercise, my scalp seems healthy (I don't have dermatitis or other problems). It will be really hard to understand what happened. 

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, Capelli3000 said:

It's really strange what happened. I'm young, I don't smoke, I regularly exercise, my scalp seems healthy (I don't have dermatitis or other problems). It will be really hard to understand what happened. 

Okay...but still just wait for sometime more and ask doctor if you could take prp therapy to boost your grafts....and even oral minoxidil ....

--> My Thread