My hair transplant after 3 months

Capelli3000

Hello everybody,
Excuse my English but I'm Italian.

Today I am three months after the operation and have not seen any regrowth.
I have seen many cases on the forum. At three months I usually see completely different situations.

What do you think?

Immagine - Copia (3).png

Hmm, obviously seeing some folks 3 months results this would be discouraging, but it as they say is still early. things should just start getting going now at three months. This result at 6 months would be far more concerning. Hang in there and keep up posted. Any interest in sharing the clinic you went to for this HT?

• Like 1

I wish surgeons would do a better job of really explaining the growth timeline to their patients so they could save them from some stress and worry.

At 3 months, I don't think anyone should have any expectation of growth. In fact, 3 months is the absolute earliest that anything would start growing, meaning you won't even see the effects of that growth for at least a few weeks after that... Usually by month 4. 

And even if you don't start growing right at month 3, it's not an indicator of anything in that moment except that you're likely going to be a late grower... And whether you grow early or late isn't an indication of how successful the procedure is going to be. 

All of that to say, really the only thing you can do is to wait it out. Don't expect any substantial growth for at least 6 months and then go from there. 

Edited by pkipling
  • Like 3

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

16 hours ago, pkipling said:

I wish surgeons would do a better job of really explaining the growth timeline to their patients so they could save them from some stress and worry.

At 3 months, I don't think anyone should have any expectation of growth. In fact, 3 months is the absolute earliest that anything would start growing, meaning you won't even see the effects of that growth for at least a few weeks after that... Usually by month 4. 

And even if you don't start growing right at month 3, it's not an indicator of anything in that moment except that you're likely going to be a late grower... And whether you grow early or late isn't an indication of how successful the procedure is going to be. 

All of that to say, really the only thing you can do is to wait it out. Don't expect any substantial growth for at least 6 months and then go from there. 

Hi pkipling.
your words make me feel better. I'm very worried because I've seen three-month reports with situations that are very different from mine. This caused me anxiety so I tried looking for more information.

What do you think about the surgery? I'm posting more photos so you can see better

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Hey Capelli, I'll chime in again... 100% everything Pkipling said. These pictures post op, all look normal and like good work from my eye. Your one month photo also looks like the normal shedding process. I get the concern, but I think you're on a totally normal track right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ray35 said:

Hey Capelli, I'll chime in again... 100% everything Pkipling said. These pictures post op, all look normal and like good work from my eye. Your one month photo also looks like the normal shedding process. I get the concern, but I think you're on a totally normal track right now.

Thanks for the support guys. I will update the topic with more photos in the future. 

An important thing: I forgot to tell that this is a 2700 follicular unit surgery. 400 for crown and 2300 for front zone.

• Like 1

@Capelli3000,

It’s very normal that you’re not experiencing any new growth yet because you’re only three months out from your hair transplant procedure. New growth typically start between 3 to 5 months and frankly, even when it does start it’s not always visible right away. New Transplanted hair typically starts by growing in thin, fine and colorless and overtime it will darken, thicken and mature.

I suspect that you will start seeing signs of new growth any day now but could take up to another month or two to begin the process.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

6 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Capelli3000,

It’s very normal that you’re not experiencing any new growth yet because you’re only three months out from your hair transplant procedure. New growth typically start between 3 to 5 months and frankly, even when it does start it’s not always visible right away. New Transplanted hair typically starts by growing in thin, fine and colorless and overtime it will darken, thicken and mature.

I suspect that you will start seeing signs of new growth any day now but could take up to another month or two to begin the process.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Knowing I'm on time makes me feel better.
I'll wait and see how it goes. I will update this post with more photos in a few weeks.

An other question: is it normal that I have transplanted hair that has never fallen out? They are short and has never grown out.

I agree with everyone above.  I know it's difficult, but just be patient.  I think you will start to see new growth in the next couple months.  Keep us informed!

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Hang in there.  Let's hope for more growth in the 5th and 6th month. 

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi guys and Merry Christmas

2 hours ago, JohnCasper said:

Hang in there.  Let's hope for more growth in the 5th and 6th month. 

Thanks for the reply. So, is my situation normal? Does it often happen to see that in the fourth month most of the hair still has to come out?

I just posted a couple of pictures of new hairs popping through the scalp at the 11 week point in my crown area (on my website below).  Everyone is different and you may be a late "bloomer" in this case.  Happens to many guys.  Merry Christmas.

PIC_0154.JPG

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JohnCasper said:

Ho appena pubblicato un paio di foto di nuovi capelli che spuntano dal cuoio capelluto nel punto della settimana 11 nella mia area della corona (sul mio sito Web di seguito). Ognuno è diverso e in questo caso potresti essere un "fiorente" in ritardo. Succede a molti ragazzi. Buon Natale.

PIC_0154.JPG

I think I'm way behind for four months. I'm very worried now.
Thanks anyway, I'll wait and see what happens

Hang in there.  There are plenty of guys with late growth on the this site.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure how to search for prior cases or key words on this site but I know I've seen guys occasionally post pictures of late growth.  Hang in there.  Maybe someone will read this and share their story.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnCasper said:

I'm not sure how to search for prior cases or key words on this site but I know I've seen guys occasionally post pictures of late growth.  Hang in there.  Maybe someone will read this and share their story.

Thank you. I'll update with more photos in a few weeks.
In the meantime, I wish you a happy new year!

The corners seem to be coming in and it seems you have a few about to sprout near the front hairline, but overall, yes, I would be concerned too if I was in your position. 

But just a reminder, you're not even at the half-way mark yet...anything could happen! As others have stated, you might just be a late grower. Wishing you the best though!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Balding Bad said:

The corners seem to be coming in and it seems you have a few about to sprout near the front hairline, but overall, yes, I would be concerned too if I was in your position. 

But just a reminder, you're not even at the half-way mark yet...anything could happen! As others have stated, you might just be a late grower. Wishing you the best though!

I can say I'm not worried. I already have no hope, I'm almost sure the result will be very disappointing.

Thanks guys for the support you are giving me, I will update in a few weeks with more photos.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 1:22 PM, Capelli3000 said:

I can say I'm not worried. I already have no hope, I'm almost sure the result will be very disappointing.

Thanks guys for the support you are giving me, I will update in a few weeks with more photos.

That mindset might seem counterintuitive to some, but I think reaching a point of acceptance with something like this (like you're doing) is quite healthy. As easy it is to say to be patient and hold out hope, I think a part of me would also want to surrender to the possibility, at least, of this not having the outcome you were hoping for... Which will set you up with a clearer head to be able to figure out how to move forward once the final outcome is here. I hate that this hasn't been what you were expecting/hoping for, but hopefully you get some answers that can lead to a successful procedure in the future should you want to do it again with a different surgeon. 

We'll keep hoping for some late growth for you, regardless! 

• Thanks 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

2 hours ago, pkipling said:

Quella mentalità potrebbe sembrare controintuitiva per alcuni, ma penso che raggiungere un punto di accettazione con qualcosa del genere (come stai facendo tu) sia abbastanza salutare. Per quanto sia facile dire di essere pazienti e mantenere la speranza, penso che una parte di me vorrebbe anche arrendersi alla  possibilità,  almeno, che questo non abbia l'esito che speravi... Il che ti preparerà con una mente più lucida per poter capire come andare avanti una volta che il risultato finale è qui. Odio che questo non sia stato quello che ti aspettavi/speravi, ma spero che tu ottenga delle risposte che possano portare a una procedura di successo in futuro se vuoi rifarla con un altro chirurgo. 

Continueremo a sperare in una crescita tardiva per te, a prescindere! 

Exactly! I can't do anything to change the outcome of my transplant, it's useless to stress.
I will continue to update the thread in hopes that it will help someone in the future.
I post new photos:

image.thumb.png.e58c3e3ee773ef5a24d424c072ed3070.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.862886ab296862bb42d9a8596eaf6263.jpeg

For now I don't understand if the thin hairs seen by the digital microscope are "vellus" or transplanted hairs that are popping up.