Keloid and FUE

Sokrates

Hi guys,

I did some research in here, but I did not find much about Keloid and FUE.

About me:

In 2013 I had a ear surgery, protruding ears, after one year I developed big Keloids on both ears. Fortunately with several corstion injection and a second surgery they disappeared.

But I was told that perhaps my Skin has an Indication for that and whenever I have surgery I should tell that to the surgeon.

Maybe someone here has experience with that, went through, or spoke with a doctor.

Thanks for your comments and help,

2 hours ago, Sokrates said:

Hi guys,

I did some research in here, but I did not find much about Keloid and FUE.

About me:

In 2013 I had a ear surgery, protruding ears, after one year I developed big Keloids on both ears. Fortunately with several corstion injection and a second surgery they disappeared.

But I was told that perhaps my Skin has an Indication for that and whenever I have surgery I should tell that to the surgeon.

Maybe someone here has experience with that, went through, or spoke with a doctor.

Thanks for your comments and help,

you could get more hypertrophic scarring than normal if i were you i would stock up on scar gel specifically strataderm to last the next 8 months and use it everyday post op, there are other things you could try like tretinoin, dermarolling with machine etc but the key thing is to do it while you are healing otherwise it will be harder to fix.

I would also make sure to use an oral corticosteroid for maybe 1 month or a few weeks post op like prendisone if you can get it prescribed while will also reduce the inflammation reaction to the surgery, trental is also used to limit scarring conditions like peyrnonies im sure it will also help post op but make sure you do it while you are healing

I have an appointment in Turkey in the End of January, but still waiting for their response concerning Keloid predisposition.

Do you have ideas for surgeons that are experts with this? 

@mmokin thanks!

Is there someone you who tried these? Or content I could read more about?

I have an appointment in Turkey in the End of January, but still waiting for their response concerning Keloid predisposition.

@mmokin thanks!

for me in my first surgery i had very bad fue scarring but in my second surgery i had virtually no scarring and it was doing the things i mentioned, i also believe the skill of the surgeon, fewer grafts and smaller punch all make a big difference as well. 

some surgeons inject the donor with kenalog to reduce inflammation and/or use PRP to heal the donor faster so there is less scarring there is a lot of things that can be done but its very hard to say how much they matter

@mmokin thanks!

i promise you that no one is going to accomodate for your needs in turkey, please go to a surgeon known for donor management if you are worried about scarring

That’s very helpful man, thx!

May I ask what kind of scars did you get? How big? Pictures?

Do you have scaring problems somewhere else on the body?

Which punches did the first and second surgeon use?

Which surgeons are best in Donor management? I guess a dermatologist/ surgeon could be good trained for this…

• 2 months later...

So glad I saw this post @Sokrates
you describe my situation exactly, had the same ear surgery and got keloids but never happened to me on any other area after surgery

I have had cysts removed from my scalp and no issues and just very nervous about getting a hair transplant done, was told my ears could of been from over tightening of the stiches as once removed and he stitched them back up again and had no scarring issues

Have you met the Turkey people yet or had it done? when I asked most in turkey and mentioned my issue they all rejected and said they would do it

FUE creates almost non-discernible scarring.  Tiny white dots.  Nice punch size (0.75).  Glad you are pleased.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 2/20/2023 at 3:40 PM, Sokrates said:

I did it!!

3 weeks ago, so far I am very happy... but of course keloids develop much later, so we'll see. 

The doctor used a 0.75 punch, and told priority is a good donor managment, as "soft" as possible, but no guarentee of course.

Which clinic did you go with in the end? I'm looking at dr hair in Leeds

• 9 months later...
On 11/26/2022 at 5:20 PM, mmokin said:

i promise you that no one is going to accomodate for your needs in turkey, please go to a surgeon known for donor management if you are worried about scarring

Hi man, i'm a new user and can't send messages. I want to pick your brains in regards to ridging. Can you message me? Thank you👍

• 2 months later...