FUE - 5000 grafts frontal mid & crown - India (Pune)

NK1992

Hello guys,

I have been following this Forum very closely for 5+ years now and this is where I got the confidence to get my Hair transplant finally done. 

I now look forward to documenting and sharing my journey with all you folks and would love to know what you guys think about it. 

After years of research, i discovered an upcoming surgeon (Pune, India) whose becoming increasingly popular and seems to have been achieving fantastic results for his patients. (Will reveal name as we go forward) 

So here's a brief on the start of my Journey: 

To begin with, I'm 30 years old and i have been facing hairloss since my early 20's, it has finally stabilized now and i thought it would be the best time to get my transplant down now. 

Given that my hairloss was quite extensive across the scalp, the doctor suggested that I would need 5000 grafts and went in for Fue

So we went ahead and my surgery was performed on Nov 15th spread across two days with roughly about 6 - 7 hours each day. Day 1 was the crown area and Day 2 was frontal. All 5000 grafts extracted from the scalp. As you can see from the pics, majority of the grafts have been planted on the frontal area and the rest through the mid and crown of the scalp region. 

The doctor at first said my donor area wasn't the strongest but not bad either, after extraction he said they looked quite healthy and dense (would like to know what you guys think).

I'm attaching my pre op and post op images and i would love to hear your thoughts on the following: 

1. What do you guys think about the donor area? 

2. What do you guys think about the hairline design? (Doctor has given single grafts with a slight zigzag pattern for that natural look) 

3. Lastly, I've compared my post op pics with alot of other 5000 graft post op pics and some have seen to look slightly more dense than mine. Could this be because of the quality of my donor area or could it be because the grafts have been spread across the entire scalp including mid? 

Looking forward to hearing from you guys and i will definitely be updating my progress on this forum regularly. Thanks for the support in advance. 

Happy to answer any questions. 

IMG-20221124-WA0030.jpg

Picsart_22-11-24_21-19-47-227.jpg

Picsart_22-11-24_21-17-45-950.jpg

Picsart_22-11-24_21-18-49-853.jpg

IMG-20221124-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20221124-WA0050.jpg

Picsart_22-11-24_21-39-16-651.jpg

Picsart_22-11-24_21-36-59-688.jpg

Picsart_22-11-24_21-37-05-642.jpg

Picsart_22-11-24_21-29-41-862.jpg

Picsart_22-11-24_21-28-59-818.jpg

Picsart_22-11-24_21-28-25-730.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

Are you using medicine since your crown is dipping down to the donor area

Hey Ajamilo, yes I'm in dutasteride 0.5mg currently everyday. Will start on topical minox post my 15 day consultation check up with my doctor mostly. 

Also the pre op pictures posted above were with completely wet hair. Attaching one wih dry hair that I clicked my self. Doesn't look as bad with dry hair i guess ? 

Picsart_22-11-25_01-28-18-075.jpg

On 11/25/2022 at 10:55 AM, Gatsby said:

Your donor in the last picture you supplied looks solid. Being on dutasteride will probably save your crown from further loss. Wishing you all the best @NK1992 and I'm keen to hear who the surgeon was.

Thanks Gatsby, it was a surgeon from Pune, India. Will share the details soon. 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

*2 week update* 

It's been about 14 days now and all the scabs have come out and miniature hair has started to grow now. Expecting the shedding phase to begin anytime soon. Attaching a pic of my current condition 14 days post transplant and a pic of 2020 15 days after shaving my head clean. 

Screenshot_20221126-234157.jpg

Screenshot_20221129-132041.jpg

14 hours ago, NK1992 said:

Hey guys,

*2 week update* 

It's been about 14 days now and all the scabs have come out and miniature hair has started to grow now. Expecting the shedding phase to begin anytime soon. Attaching a pic of my current condition 14 days post transplant and a pic of 2020 15 days after shaving my head clean. 

Screenshot_20221126-234157.jpg

Screenshot_20221129-132041.jpg

Love the growth man!

it’s lookin good. Can’t wait for the final result. Hopefully you don’t have a bad shedding phase and avoid that ugly duckling phase!

either way it’s looking to be an awesome result!

• Like 1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

8 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Love the growth man!

it’s lookin good. Can’t wait for the final result. Hopefully you don’t have a bad shedding phase and avoid that ugly duckling phase!

either way it’s looking to be an awesome result!

Hahaha appreciate it man. I don't think there's escaping the ugly duckling phase. But for what it's worth, I'm wouldn't complain lol. 

Can't wait to see your results too man. Cheers, speak soon ✌️

On 12/3/2022 at 10:38 PM, Dillpickle123 said:

What made you decide on the surgeon in pune? Did you consult with others

Hello, 

Yes I've been consulting with many and doing alot of research / following doctors / patient results across different forums / platforms since the past two years. (India only)

After alot of contemplation, i narrowed down on this particular doctor in Pune basis several factors which are mentioned below. 

1. I live in Mumbai and wanted to get my transplant done within the region. 

2. Eugenix being the best in Mumbai i obviously consulted with them, but they were way out of my budget, of course budget was one of the major factors for me. 

3. Came across this doctor in Pune (3 hours by road fr Mumbai) who is slowly becoming increasingly popular, has performed 2000+ surgeries and been in practise for 10 years under several top surgeons and clinics in India. 

4. I've been tracking his patient results for the last year and I managed to get in touch with quite a few of them and heard brilliant things about the doctor, and of course their results spoke for themselves. 

So in a nutshell, fantastic results, real patient interactions/positive feedback, doctor's credibility - all of these for a reasonable package made the best sense to me. 

But of course now time will tell how my results are going to turn out. Hence, I've decided to share my experience in this forum and have the experts evaluate my results. 

I will be putting out monthly updates over here. 

Would love to hear what you guys think.

On 12/5/2022 at 1:41 AM, Pbaird98 said:

All looking good so far, one to follow 👌🏿

20 days in and im enjoying the growth haha. Can't wait to share my one month update lol.  Although I'm heading towards the shedding phase. Let's see how it goes. Super excited . 

• 2 weeks later...

*1 Month update*

Hi guys, it's been one month to my procedure and I'd like to share a quick update with you guys. 

So far everything seems okay, growth has been prominent now. Although I've developed slight red ace at the back around my donor area. My doctor said it's a part of the healing process and there's nothing to worry about (Mild folliculitis) and has prescribed clindac spray for 7 days. 

Im currently on my 35th day to be precise and i don't think I've shed crazy hair as yet.i was expecting to shed hair post the 15th day but I'm barely noticing any hairloss. Is that a sign that my shedding phase wouldn't be too bad or is the worst yet to come? 

IMG_20221220_221648.jpg

IMG_20221220_221418.jpg

Picsart_22-12-20_22-43-15-984.jpg

Picsart_22-12-20_22-42-41-439.jpg

Picsart_22-12-20_22-44-35-852.jpg

Depends.. Are you noticing hair come out when you take a shower? For me, the shedding started last week and has calmed down a bit. Eugenix said up to 3 months it may shed.

Ugly duck phase mode.

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

7 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Depends.. Are you noticing hair come out when you take a shower? For me, the shedding started last week and has calmed down a bit. Eugenix said up to 3 months it may shed.

Ugly duck phase mode.

Yes I do notice some hair while i take a shower however it's extremely minimal and sometimes it's absolutely nil. So not sure. Maybe the rate at which it's gng to shed would be slower than usual (I hope so :p). 

On 12/21/2022 at 10:32 AM, NK1992 said:

Yes I do notice some hair while i take a shower however it's extremely minimal and sometimes it's absolutely nil. So not sure. Maybe the rate at which it's gng to shed would be slower than usual (I hope so :p). 

Mind you some people do not shed, for e.g. I did not shed at all during my first procedure. And yet had good results. So as of now nothing to worry.

7 hours ago, augustya said:

Mind you some people do not shed, for e.g. I did not shed at all during my first procedure. And yet had good results. So as of now nothing to worry.

That's nice to hear man. Great for you. hopefully i don't shed too haha but I'm mentally prepared for it either way. Let's see how it goes. 

Also do you take finas / dutasteride/ mixon anything at all? 

I'm currently on oral minox every alternate day / topical dutasteride every night / oral dutas once a week. 

Edited by NK1992

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Sharing a 45 day donor area update. 

This is how it currently looks - feel like it's scanty / coarse and growing unevenly. I've heard for some patients this can happen due to shock loss. 

Is this growth normal at this stage? Or should i be concerned ? 

Some advice from you guys would help. 

IMG_20230102_160039__01.jpg

IMG_20230102_155948__01.jpg

19 hours ago, Glassbuildingoffice said:

Looking good man. I have no knowledge about the shock loss so can't comment. 

If budget was not an issue and you were free to travel anywhere, where could your extensive research have taken you?

I've made a post asking advise for my diffused thinning also hence asking the above.

Thanks mate. 

Eugenix. Period. 

• Like 2