Should I be open to people about my hair transplant or should I hide it?

19 minutes ago, HairIsLife said:

I am getting a hair transplant next week. I don't know how people will react to me getting this procedure done. maybe I should just keep this a secret from everyone? Are you guys open about it? 

I was open about mine to family and friends, in fact everybody is amazed what a difference it has made. People were interested and some talk about getting it done themselves in the future.

Who cares what people think anyhow, we live in a society now where a large percentage of people have had some sort of work. i.e hair, teeth, nose, Botox, lips etc. It’s really not a big deal these days.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. It simply depends on you and what you feel comfortable sharing and with who. 

Personally, few people know besides my immediate family and some very close friends outside of this community. I stayed working remote as long as i could and wore my hair down over the HT for long enough to cover it. It's a bit easier to style more normal now, but ultimately i think it's up to you to decide. 

Just chill and only tell people depending on the circumstances. Your boss and coworkers (if you will be out of office and/or suddenly wearing a hat in the office) and family (sudden change in appearance, etc.)

There is no reason to keep this surgery a secret or be ashamed of it, but conversely not sure why you would pro-actively tell someone about it if you didn't have to.

I wouldn't volunteer this info when talking to someone like hey nice to meet you, my hair's transplanted BTW lol
Unless it's not someone who has known you before your operation and see you one day with some new hairline, I wouldn't bother mentioning.
Also put your results to the test, if nobody notices - means you had a good job done!

• Like 1

I’ve kept mine a secret I kept my hair long too for it and the donor should be not too noticeable by the time I come back, plus I’ve been hiding more hairloss so we’ll for years that almost no one would notice depends how far gone you are and if your shaving your head or not 

• Valued Contributor

I’ve always been an open book on nearly everything about myself. When it comes to a hair transplant be proud that you have chosen to do something to build your self esteem and confidence. You should own this like a boss. Anyone who knocks that has very little self esteem. Otherwise they would be happy for you and people who do pick it up will be happy for you. Don’t let people live rent free in your head. A year from now no one will care except yourself with how your great results look. 👌

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shout it proudly from the rooftops. Nothing to be ashamed of. 

Should you be ashamed of working out to get jacked? Reading to improve your mind? Getting better jobs through effort and application of discipline? No. 

An HT is pure self-improvement, others should be shamed by your go-getter attitude and inspired to greatness. 

Go forth and conquer. 

• Like 1

I’m 6 days out, as of today only my wife knows, but I decided I will tell my extended family, and probably some close friends because I feel like a new man, can’t say enough how much a framed hairline changes your look and how good it feels, I want to share my story to help others who may be struggling with it. The way I look at it is I work out, eat healthy, and take good care of myself because I want to stay healthy and look good for as long as possible, keeping my hair goes along with it, no different than having cosmetic dental work done! 

• Like 1