Nader - Crown - 2060 grafts - 5470 hairs

GoliGoliGoli

• 2 weeks later...

6 month update:

1st photo is taken after a shower and shampoo with Nizoral (which always seems to make my hair look better). 2nd photo is taken about 14 hours later a bit after waking up so with a bit greasier hair. Lighting is roughly the same for both photos I believe. If anyone wants more photos in different lighting/angles etc just let me know. 

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results for 6 month, but definitely expect some more growth over the coming months to get where I want to be. As of about 2 weeks ago I still had new stubble sprouting, so I think once these hairs grow longer it will help with the illusion of density and hopefully fill in some spots that remain a bit bare. If I were to go out on a date I would still probably sprinkle some fibers in and ideally would like to be able to get away from that once the full 9 months or so has completed. 

Any questions feel free to ask, otherwise I will be back around the 9 month mark for another update. 

IMG_4359.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Looks fant01B9C478-AE93-4094-AC1B-07CB94020CFB.jpegastic 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

45 minutes ago, duckling said:

You have reached a point where even combing over that area can hide it so well. And in next 6 months i expect even combover trick to be removed by you. Great results so far.

IMG_4374.jpg

Yes very true, in these pics I kind of did the opposite of a combover just to show the "natural" result. Maybe once I wash out todays minoxidil I'll take another pic with the hair pushed towards the center to show how it would look with the comb over. 

• Valued Contributor

Excellent at 6 months....you are going to get lot more growth as crown will keep geting growth and will get dense till 14 to 18months ..... imo you will be thrilled with the outcome in upcoming months ....

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 2 months later...

Would love to see an update! For the crown, I think that level of growth after six months is solid, I've heard that hair in the crown can take longer to come in than hair in the front.

• Administrators

In for update.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Hi friends, thanks for your interest. See below for my 8 month pics. I'm pretty darn happy with the results.  Would I like some more density? Yes of course! But I think all HT patients would always answer yes to that question. Overall I would say my result is about an 8.5/10 or 9/10. Nader did a terrific job and I doubt my results would be any better with any other surgeon. Trying to gauge what is a realistic result for a crown surgery is tough because everyone's hair characteristics are different, and people often post only flattering pictures of their results where the lighting makes the result look a lot better than how it looks in person. For the pictures below I kind of tried to do the opposite and used fairly harsh lighting and had my phones camera flash turned on. My results actually look better in person than they do in any of the below pictures imo. 

All the pictures below are taken in *basically* the same lighting as my 6 month pic, but I think for the 6 month pic my phones flash wasn't on (Maybe it was on for that one I can't remember). As mentioned for all of these pics below the flash IS on - so pretty harsh lighting! In some of the pics I did a combover to achieve the max illusion of density, and in others I did the opposite to purposefully make it look bad (Pictures 3 and 4 specifically are "non combover" pics). So basically if I were going out I could do the combover and add some hair spray or clay to lock the combover in place (Wind is the enemy of all HT patients), or if I didn't want to bother I could not style it all, and simply sprinkle a tiny amount of hair fibers into that back area of the crown that looks a little thin in pictures 3 and 4 due to that area not benefitting from the "shingle effect". In some of the other pictures with the combover you can see a bit of scalp towards the front of the crown area, but again remember the lighting is very harsh in these pictures and the flash is on. In person and in normal lighting the result looks closest to the 1st or 2nd pictures. 

Any questions feel free to ask. Like I said I think I got a really awesome result. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

IMG_5406.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5416 (1).jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

IMG_5398.jpg

IMG_5415 (1).jpg

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

Here's a few more that were taken on July 9th. The others posted above were taken July 11th. Both sets were taken in the same location in my house - I can't remember if flash was on or not. This set looks a little fuller than the previous ones and I think is probably a better reflection of how it looks once combed over. I can't remember if I used a different shampoo prior to taking this set or not. As anyone who has gotten a HT knows, pictures are kind of a weird way of showing your results. 

Luis Nader para Presidente!

image.jpeg

IMG_5379 (1).jpg

IMG_5378.jpg

IMG_5377.jpg

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

• Administrators

Incredible growth. This is why Dr. Nader is so respected. 

A0C7799A-63F9-40E7-98D2-1A7EEBB9FE8D.jpeg

• Like 2

View my thread

• 4 months later...

Hi all, I'm a few weeks passed the 12 month mark so figured I would share a final update. As always I try to present my case both in favorable and unfavorable conditions to give people a realistic idea of what to expect. It's extremely difficult to gauge what is a realistic expectation for a crown, so any feedback you have please feel free to share. No need to sugarcoat, I'm curious what everyone's honest opinion is.

Picture 1 above shows the crown with no combover in very harsh light. Pic 2 shows the crown with no combover in less harsh light (Same room, just turned around 180 degrees so I'm back lit not front lit). Pic 3 shows the crown with combover in harsh light. Pic 4 shows the crown with combover in less harsh light. 

In real life conditions the visual appearance is most similar to the 2nd and 4th picture, so overall I'm pretty happy with the result. As mentioned it's really tough to gauge what is a realistic expectation for crown surgery because most of the results posted by clinics aren't entirely trustworthy, and most results posted by patients show things in really favorable (Unrealistic frankly) conditions. I definitely know what people say when they call the crown the black hole. Maybe I could've used an extra few hundred grafts, but at the same time that's a dangerous game to play because you don't want to spend too many grafts on the crown. That said, if I could go back in time I would have advocated for a few hundred more grafts probably. 

I'm very happy with my decision to not get any hairline work done for now. I'm very happy with my current hair style (fringe style) and think it covers it up well without really looking like I'm blatantly hiding anything. If I had gotten hairline work I would've probably used very few grafts and gotten only a minimal aesthetic improvement, and then been left in a position where I have to chase further loss to look normal. With the crown, as I continue to lose hair I will eventually be left with a bullseye, but that is waaaay down the line because of how slow my hair loss progression has been historically. As further hair thins around the recipient, I will just look like I have a larger diffuse thinning crown, but I think by the time a true bullseye develops I'll be ready to address the hairline anyways so the timing should sync up. Because I'm only using Minox I reeeeally didn't want to be left in a position where I have to chase loss to look natural, and I think my strategy will accomplish that.

Please share any thoughts you have on my final result. Like I said it's really tough to gauge what a good crown surgery is for the reasons mentioned above, so honest opinions are appreciated. But from my perspective, I'm happy with the result and feel comfortable going out without a hat or hair fibers, but I'd like to hear everyones thoughts as well. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

• Administrators

I think it looks really good. Definitely a huge improvement. Considering you were almost slick bald in the crown. 
27CADFA1-12F1-4FAC-905A-88519FA8A14B.jpeg

Could you use more grafts. It depends.I think you can go to day to day without looking like you have a bald spot. 

• Like 2

View my thread

• Valued Contributor

Yeah, definite improvement. The first this I did was go look at your pre-op. Even without the combover it’s such a huge improvement. I think your strategy is sound, you’re not going to be a dude with an island on your head when you experience further loss.

I know it’s hard to believe but you might even see some further improvement in the coming months. There are plenty of cases on here where guys at 12 months were like, “I don’t expect any further improvement from here on out.” And then at 18 and sometimes even 24 months there was more improvement due to changes in texture helping with volume.

Unless you just want further density in there there’s no need to proceed with any further procedures until your ready. Addressing the hairline when readdressing the crown later down the line is a solid plan.

Congratulations! Dr. Nader, per usual, totally did right by you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Steeeve said:

I think your strategy is sound, you’re not going to be a dude with an island on your head when you experience further loss.

Ya it's actually one of the benefits of not having super thick density in the crown. As I continue to lose around my recipient area, it will just look like normal diffuse thinning for a good long while. If I had really super thick density in the recipient I think the bullseye would manifest itself a lot sooner. 

Appreciate your input. 

• 3 weeks later...