Natural Hairline

• Valued Contributor
9 minutes ago, Henry said:

Why does it matter? All I'm asking is if it looks like a natural design.

It matters in terms of being butchered and having a natural hairline not only in the months to come but for the rest of your life when you look in the mirror everyday. The only way to know if it is going to be a natural hairline is to wait 12 months post op. That's why doing your research based on real patient results like those found on this forum will massively reduce your chances of a poor result. I'm living proof of what can go wrong. Basing surgery on geography and price is a one way ticket to regret. That's why I asked you who is the surgeon. All the best!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Did your surgeon ask you if you are taking finasteride or minoxidil, etc?

I wanna thank you for all your concern but I'm not doing anything at the moment, im just doing some research. I just want to know if the clinic that im looking at knows what they're doing when it comes to just the hairline design.

• Like 1

the angle doesn't tell anyone much, pretty hard to say accurately if it's good or not.

half half on the clinic issue.

one part is that tbh the clinic doesn't matter in hairline drawing, a good drawing design is good, but it's not just about lines. density, angling, line meaning, differs from surgeon to surgeon, the last thing anyone who advised or agreed with you need, is that anyone blaming them when they don't have all the information should things go south.

the other part is that if the we know the clnic experience and their prior work, it's pretty easy to be assured if the said designer know what they are doing, EVEN if the drawing seems unorthodox, due to his experience and prior results, in which end up producing natural results.

• Valued Contributor

It looks pretty natural to me as a design although we'd need to see frontal pics and side pics. I'd say the angles of the temple corners look a little suspect but that might just be because it's a top down picture.

Natural hairline results have characteristics:

- Hairline design under or touching the forehead muscle, many hair mills just do it over the muscle which waste at least 1000 grafts for unnatural aggressive hairline (it's also better save the triple and double grafts for crown procedures).

- Natural design can youthful or conservative more round shape depends on paitents potential and wishes.

- Correct hairline design is not enough, the MD must be high skilled surgeon to make the slits in a zigzags finish and not symmetrical.

- Around the first 3 cm should be consistent with single grafts only for delicate natural appearance, if the clinic extra pedant, they'll pick the thinnest single grafts over the first row, to separate the single grafts the clinic must use microscopes, to rightly practice professional Micro grafts protocol, which cheap hair mills don't follow.

- Implanting grafts must be correct so the growth will be at around 30 degrees angle (usually it's decided for a paitent to do 30), I saw many amateur jobs with 90 degrees growth 😵💫

- Most men natural growth is from the left to right, so the clinic need to adjust the correct point growth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

@Henry,

Because you’re not showing your full face which I perfectly understand due to an anonymity, it’s really difficult to determine whether or not your hairline is placed too high, too low or just right. As far as the actual design itself rather than the position, I don’t see anything wrong with it based on the photo. A hairline should be a bit staggered and not a straight line and it looks like the clinic intends to lower your temple points which may be appropriate depending on how it frames your face which we can’t tell in the photo.  So at the very least, it seems that the clinic intends to stagger the hairline and lower your temples which looks appropriate but whether or not it is appropriate would depend on some additional details.

Long story short, based on the very limited information that we have, I think what you’re showing us looks fine. But it would be a lot easier to determine whether or not the hairline is appropriate if we had a better understanding of placement and your details.

For example, you appear young by what I can tell in the photos but if you are exceptionally young with high risks of advanced hair loss, I’d be real cautious in having your hairline lowered too much. Young patients with advanced balding or at high risks of advanced balding are better off starting with a conservative looking hairline that can later be changed if appropriate.

It would also be helpful to know whether or not you’re on any non-surgical hair loss treatments such as finasteride or minoxidil, and if so how long. If you’re not on any medication, it would be helpful to know if you’ve tried any and if so, when you stopped. If you’re not or have never tried medication, are you planning to start, if so when and if not why not? 

I feel that simply answering your question as to whether or not the hairline design looks reasonable without addressing the above variables and issues would be a bit irresponsible. So if you would like to obtain the best advice from members of this forum, I suggest providing us with a little more detail and a better picture that either shows your full face or shows your full face with a blur to protect your identity.  At least if we can see your eyebrows with blurred out face with the proposed hairline, members could provide a more accurate opinion in terms of placement.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 11/7/2022 at 6:58 PM, Doron Harati said:

Natural hairline results have characteristics:

- Hairline design under or touching the forehead muscle, many hair mills just do it over the muscle which waste at least 1000 grafts for unnatural aggressive hairline (it's also better save the triple and double grafts for crown procedures).

- Natural design can youthful or conservative more round shape depends on paitents potential and wishes.

- Correct hairline design is not enough, the MD must be high skilled surgeon to make the slits in a zigzags finish and not symmetrical.

- Around the first 3 cm should be consistent with single grafts only for delicate natural appearance, if the clinic extra pedant, they'll pick the thinnest single grafts over the first row, to separate the single grafts the clinic must use microscopes, to rightly practice professional Micro grafts protocol, which cheap hair mills don't follow.

- Implanting grafts must be correct so the growth will be at around 30 degrees angle (usually it's decided for a paitent to do 30), I saw many amateur jobs with 90 degrees growth 😵💫

- Most men natural growth is from the left to right, so the clinic need to adjust the correct point growth.

Can you please clarify on the last point most men have natural growth from left to right ?

4 hours ago, bigmistake said:

Can you please clarify on the last point most men have natural growth from left to right ?

When you comb your hair the hair is waving with some "wobbly" staggered pattern and not static appearance, most men have the staggering growth to the left, so a transplanted hair should be also transplanted in correct abglw to give better natural and coverage effect.

Edited by Doron Harati

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.