Possible over harvesting ? 1 month post with photos

Ruehlmanmj

Hi there ! I had FUE 3200 grafts extracted exactly a month ago . I’m curious if you think I’ve experienced over harvesting in donor area or if I had shock loss possibly ? I am worried :( thanks for any help (I had beard brows and small area of hairline transplanted and they all look wonderful but so worried about this moth look )

369D23DC-3E05-45E6-B026-DD8C77B070F9.jpeg

F8FAE644-B539-40D2-B854-3697F832E54C.jpeg

8374880C-F4DB-4492-AD25-A28B60B5C448.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey,

It looks like the graft extraction wasn't spread out enough but rather congested.. however for some people the donor area shock loss always happens in the first month. I've had it. 

Come back again next month with a photo like this with the same haircut length and you will know if you were overharvested or not

Good luck

• Moderators

If this is the before picture, I'm puzzled as to why you had a hair transplant. In any case you may have some shock loss and you will have to wait several months to see how well the donor area heals.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Too soon to tell at this point.  Give us an update in about 2 to 3 more months.  You may be pleased at that point.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 10/28/2022 at 3:41 AM, BeHappy said:

If this is the before picture, I'm puzzled as to why you had a hair transplant. In any case you may have some shock loss and you will have to wait several months to see how well the donor area heals.

My thoughts exactly. He had a full head of hair.